Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

mind the walrus posted:

I don't live in my mom's basement so I have to interact with fucknuggets who think that Manbearpig, PC Principal, and Science Otters are a serious basis for critical reasoning every so often, and that's annoying. It obliquely degrades an otherwise decent goof cartoon.

PC Principal is real tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

mind the walrus posted:

This is what I'm talking about--boneless whitefish creatures that manage to create sentences flopping around on the keyboard. Offensive? No. Impotent? You bet your rear end. Annoying? Yeah, that's where they get ya.

If you're 13 and being told why you can't scream "friend of the family" in the hallways for the first time, then yeah.

I mean he's not a literal principal, but people who apply the ideas of political correctness as a fad rather than out of actual concern for others are frustratingly common. Even before Tumblr I remember an encounter with a girl who raged against Boondocks for being "racist against black people" and wouldn't believe me when I told her that Aaron McGruder was himself Black.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

Its ok to simply not like it but to legitimately think its bad means you're legitimately stupid, like IQ wise

Legitimately

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

ElectricSheep posted:

I think the problem is that you associate with people who use South Park for critical reasoning, not satire.

Seems like the failure to interpret the material is their problem, not the show's.

Now if we're talking about showrunners who use their shows as unsubtle platforms for their views with no hint of satire or irony whatsoever, McGruder manages to top even Seth MacFarlane pretty handily.

Remember the shitstorm when he denounced BET? Good times.

BET is bad and he's 100% right about it being detrimental to African Americans.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Roylicious posted:

Yeah it's a cartoon that sometimes is funny and sometimes not; why do goons get so up in arms over it?

I guess the truth is somewhere in the middle.

• Locked thread