Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
It blows my mind that people ascribe right wing views to the South Park creators when shows like Last Man Standing exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

Well that's my story.

mind the walrus posted:

I don't live in my mom's basement so I have to interact with fucknuggets who think that Manbearpig, PC Principal, and Science Otters are a serious basis for critical reasoning every so often, and that's annoying. It obliquely degrades an otherwise decent goof cartoon.

I think the problem is that you associate with people who use South Park for critical reasoning, not satire.

Seems like the failure to interpret the material is their problem, not the show's.

Applewhite posted:

Even before Tumblr I remember an encounter with a girl who raged against Boondocks for being "racist against black people" and wouldn't believe me when I told her that Aaron McGruder was himself Black.

Now if we're talking about showrunners who use their shows as unsubtle platforms for their views with no hint of satire or irony whatsoever, McGruder manages to top even Seth MacFarlane pretty handily.

Remember the shitstorm when he denounced BET? Good times.

ElectricSheep fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Sep 19, 2016

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

Well that's my story.

Booblord Zagats posted:

Satan was only good in the movie and the episode where he fights jesus and takes a dive

uh there was the episode where he advises Stan on the dangers of in-app purchases and battles his Canadian doppelganger, Beelzaboot

• Locked thread