Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Name for Jastiger's Baby of Northern Aggression
Sherman Tecumseh
Sherman North
Sherman Wrath
Sherman Iowa
Sherman Dunham
Sherman Goku
Something not Sherman (Confederate Slave-Holding Sympathizer Identifier Option)
View Results

• Locked thread
Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

So I just had a baby boy a few days ago and we're still trying to figure out what his name should be. So far we know his first name is going to be Sherman, but my wife won't let me go with Sherman Tecumseh because she wants a family name for a middle name or Sherman North because the Kardashians already did that (Even though mine has serious historical implications).

If I get enough internet support I'm sure I can rally her to my cause! I'm really liking Sherman Tecumseh though. Even if it doesn't go on the official birth certificate, we can still put it on other documents so he has legal recourse to change his name to Sherman Tecumseh.

Any other advice is helpful here, goons! Lets make history!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manticorny
Sep 7, 2016

It's a sad and beautiful world.
Daddy's Lil Regret

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Jastiger posted:

So I just had a baby boy a few days ago and we're still trying to figure out what his name should be. So far we know his first name is going to be Sherman, but my wife won't let me go with Sherman Tecumseh because she wants a family name for a middle name or Sherman North because the Kardashians already did that (Even though mine has serious historical implications).

If I get enough internet support I'm sure I can rally her to my cause! I'm really liking Sherman Tecumseh though. Even if it doesn't go on the official birth certificate, we can still put it on other documents so he has legal recourse to change his name to Sherman Tecumseh.

Any other advice is helpful here, goons! Lets make history!

What about "Iowa"?

Also, you are a brave man for posting real life stuff in a GBS that hates you. I hope that people will show some class, and despite the somewhat problematic nature of your opinions, not insult your newborn daughter. I have faith that GBS will show its classy side in this matter!

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
don't name ur goddamn kid Sherman tecumseh wtf is wrong with u

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

iower bugglecuck

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

i wouldn't even bother with a name until it picks a gender

DoctorG0nzo
May 28, 2014
As another lifelong Tecumseh Sherman guy I applaud the Sherman Tecumseh decision and hope that this one, too, will one day burn the south to ashes

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Sherman Lee

Let the healing begin

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Goku Cum "Baseball" Rochester

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Shermen Mermen

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Sherman Peabody.

Congratulatons, btw.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Sep 19, 2016

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

donkey salami posted:

Sherman Lee

Let the healing begin

Only if it heals in such a way as the South is scabbed over and looks wicked terrible as a reminder of past wrongs.

Don't pick at it, or it'll bleed.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
AT&T U-verse

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Sherman Wedgie

Also congrats :D

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
you look like a buddy of mine. he played roulette getting with single mommas and then finally picked the wrong one and ended up in the clink for DV (case was thrown out later, apparently she was a big psycho).

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sherman is a name that I can only hear in my head as being said by the bully from a 1980s children's film.

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008
way to out yourself as a fattie terrorist op

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

jackyl posted:

don't name ur goddamn kid Sherman tecumseh wtf is wrong with u

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I JUST bought a pair of identical glasses; no one congratulates me for that

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
Oh drat that's what you look like? Yeah forgive all your the south poo poo talking because lol

Also name hint trampoline Keith

GBS KING
:fyadride:
"And the kingin is good!"

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Give your kid a regular name for a middle name so on the first day of school he can tell all his teachers to use his middle name instead of Sherman.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
In my experience the first kid uses up all the touching magical parental moments, and the second kid is just a boring re-run that you only bother to halfway watch while you're doing housework. Naming a second child is really pretty pointless since your probably just gonna end up forgetting it in a hot car or losing it at the mall.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

'lil chop

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Goodbody posted:

Give your kid a regular name for a middle name so on the first day of school he can tell all his teachers to use his middle name instead of Sherman.

Tecumseh is the first option, jfc do you even read.

Wendigee posted:

'lil chop

Oooh nice one running that by the wife.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Sloppy, on account of his coming second.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Bob Marley Hitler

cnut
May 3, 2016

hosed up if true

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Jastiger posted:

Tecumseh is the first option, jfc do you even read.

Oooh nice one running that by the wife.

I think the point is sherman is dumb af and all the other ideas you have are equally dumb af whether first or middle name and really you're just awful man, just fucken the worst, like a big public trash can at a doggie park, filled with tiny lil shitbags like the one you're embracing in that photo

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Name him Jesus Christ.

Congrats and you're welcome.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Edward, as in Robert Edward Lee.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

sexcopter

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Sherman Curtis Immolation LeMay

cnut
May 3, 2016

Edward, as in that guy from Twilight.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

although I'm still a fan of T-Rexcellent

Rex for short

It's better than sherman tbfh

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Loden Taylor posted:

Sherman Curtis Immolation LeMay

ooh can I change my vote to this???

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The best part about being a parent is making massive life-defining decisions for someone based entirely on stupid whimsy. Imagine if you could just go up to some dude on the street and say, "you're name is Sherman now. You're Sherman for the rest of your life"

several friends
Apr 7, 2015

spermman tehcumlord

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
All I can hear is Eddie Murphy in drag chanting, "Oh Sherman, Sherman, Sherman" so maybe call him Hercules

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

heliotrope mcgee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
What abvout Jay Sherman? :laugh: Or u could smoke a jay and then some sherm, but then someone would take your baby away...

• Locked thread