Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
It's true and people are becoming more aware, see this new video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdLI62JKpCk

I have to applaud steam for the new review filter and they pretty much hit the nail on the head with their explanation

quote:

To do so, Valve has introduced several filters to the reviews tab; one limits customer write-ups to just a user’s native language, while the other lets them choose between game reviews by Steam purchasers, key activations or both. The latter option, which is set to reviews by Steam store customers by default, is what Valve honed in on in its post, explaining that the update comes as a preventive measure against illegitimate reviews.

"The review score has also become a point of fixation for many developers, to the point where some developers are willing to employ deceptive tactics to generate a more positive review score," Valve wrote in the post.

Amazon review poaching by giving desperate people free poo poo is pretty drat deceptive if you ask me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost

JakeP posted:

ya paid testimonials are new and not something that has existed since before i was born

These aren't even paid, you sign up for product offers and review free poo poo the merchant sends you with "honest" reviews(hint: if you don't play ball and leave crappy reviews you won't be getting anymore free poo poo)

• Locked thread