Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

I wish my mental health problems lead to theories that flatter the techno-elite so that I could be somewhat successful like Eliezer Yudkowski. But I just have the normal, lovely kind of mental health problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

bennyfranks posted:

I remember reading about his whole "death is unacceptable" philosophy or whatnot and thinking "Wow what happened to you that hosed you up in this way that you think all this dumb poo poo" and then I read his autobiography where he describes his brother's death--his grandmother had lots of coping skills and could generally function, while he absolutely could not. For some reason he thought that the idea that she could possibly cope was the perfect example of why death had to be stopped entirely--because people were so exposed to it that they accepted it.

Then he mentioned that it was his first time experiencing death, at like 37 years old and I was like "Oh that's why!!!" This guy didn't know anyone or anything that died until he was in his late 30's and so it hosed him up. Every child should know death by like, 14 at the latest.

How the hell do you go 37 years on this earth without at least a cat getting hit by a car or a goldfish getting caught in the fish tank filter or something?

• Locked thread