Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Class3KillStorm posted:

All right, I'm in on this thread/idea. I intend to get to 31 films watched by the end of the month, with the possibility of more being seen by the end. I'm not going in with any kind of plan here, just gonna wing it based on how I feel that night.

Started with The Witch (or The VVitch, if you prefer). Wish I could say that I enjoyed this more than I did. I eventually ended up getting on the wavelength of the actors and their accents and mumbling speech patterns, but it definitely took a while to get there. I remember there being talk about the goat having a great scene, but the way it was used to kill the father ended up feeling anticlimactic, I dunno. I also was kind of weirded out when the goat, Black Peter, turned into a guy (Satan) - he ended up looking more like Blackbeard than anything else. That whole bit took me right out of the experience, right at the end of the film, and right at the most important moment.

Still, great score, great cinematography, good acting by the elder daughter. I give it a 3/5.

Black Philip offers pretty dresses and butter and lures the girl into a fancy floating witch party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread