Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
I have no theme as of now, but I do have a few on my plate I am planning on hitting this month. CAT PEOPLE/RETURN OF THE CAT PEOPLE/CAT PEOPLE 1982 are on the menu very soon. I've been very curious about the 80's remake of CAT PEOPLE and after watching a clip of the famous pool scene, I am inclined to check it out. The original is one of my favorites to watch yearly.

For some others I am planning on... Halloween 3, Creepshow, Martin(Romero), I Saw The Devil, House of The Devil, Nightmare of Elm Street, Night Of The Living Dead, Day of the Dead, Halloween 1,2,4, 5... Mainly going to just find things that sound goof off this thread or the Horror thread and have at it.

Today's treat is a first time watch... THE BURNING (1981)! There isn't one bra in this movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
Finally hitting one of the big dogs... THE EXORCIST! The little things are what resonate so big with me in this movie. The opening sequence of the dig with the Father and the strange visions is so grabbing from the get go. The dogs that fight has always stuck out to me, the sound design in this being incredibly chilling. The whole dang set of the house is explored pretty intimately and perfectly captures a sense of stale terror. This is one movie which hasn't ever gotten the creepyness ruined for me from repeats. So many bizarre things that stand out as you repeat watch them like the church sequence of the virgin mary statue which is glimpsed to just make you go "WHAT" and then you are snapped out of it.

five pumpkins out of five pumpkins

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
Yesterday I watched something brand new to me and it was...something. I'm talking about CLOWN! The film where a dad puts on a haunted clown costume and cannot take it off, becoming possessed by it and evil clown stuff. The gorey killer clown moments were really fun, but the movie very much watered down with the family subplot. I don't think I would watch it again unless around friends joking about it.

2 pumpkins outta 5 pumpkins

NEXT UP! Something brand new to me that I've saved for years Donald Sutherland classic...DON'T LOOK NOW! I hope it gives me a fright or two. So far I haven't been creeped out at all by anything I've watched, but, the month is still young! Aiming to hit the original Night of The Living Dead very soon and revisit the 90's remake.

• Locked thread