Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I did the 31 movies thing 5 years in a row then on the 6th year (2013) quit halfway because I couldn't find anything new that didn't suck. I might do it again this year if I can find 16 horror movies I haven't seen that aren't completely terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I'm a little behind, watched 4 movies so far.

The Cabinet of Dr Caligari - honestly I'm not into silent movies so it's best I don't even try to review it.

Don't Torture a Duckling - Also not into Fulci but every year I give it another shot.

The Witch was tense, I really liked it but couldn't understand a drat thing the father said the whole movie. He talked like someone cut the tip of his tongue off. Really I kinda struggled a bit understanding the other characters too. So I feel I missed out on some important plot points like whatever the conversation in the woods was all about.

The Returned 2013, a different take on the zombie apocalypse that doesn't involve the fall of society. It's a zombie movie in the same way a video about car repair would be a zombie video because there was a Night of the Living Dead poster in the background. With a minor rewrite it could have been about any infectious disease. Starred Jennifer Goines from 12 Monkeys. Parts were good, parts were way over played (music room), and parts were flat out ridiculous like her boss's reaction to her falling on the ground and crying.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

CortezFantastic posted:

Hey OP if you want, you can add the https://www.dashradio.com Halloween station. It is pretty good.

I am starting my 13 films tonight with the Purge: Anarchy. Never saw the first and probably don't intend to. But it doesn't really feel like a horror movie?

The first one wasn't a waste of time but also wasn't great. Anarchy is much better, more an action/horror.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Creep was mentioned on the previous page so I watched it just now. Casting was brilliant and Mark Duplass made it happen. The plot was a bit of a stretch but believable because lots of people are naive.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
What a great idea for an October marathon; all of John Carpenters horror movies in order. I used to own them all, wonder if I still do.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Ghosts of Mars is one of my guilty pleasures. It's terrible but has Natasha Henstridge and Jason Statham.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I tried Dead Snow Red vs Dead and made it ten or fifteen minutes. Gory but boring.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Also bailed on JeruZalem, boring.

I watched Would You Rather and it had moments but was a cop out in storytelling. People being maimed, beaten, tortured, but the pretty blonde girl just has to hold her breath for 2 minutes. And the ending was extremely predictable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Watched Identity. I liked it. Obviously a twist was coming but I didn't guess what it was. Well acted, well written. And I never realized Amanda Peet was drat beautiful.

• Locked thread