Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Batman meeting Azrael after Knightfall: "Oh for gently caress's sake, not you again. I hope Solomon Grundy blows you up."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Whoever makes the sets for Gotham deserves a raise. It's such a good looking show.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

That was a hell of a finale! And I love it when shows combine two-part endings into one big 2 hour block, it just makes everything seem more cinematic and intense when there isn't a whole week breaking the finale up.

I hope the writers are finally done with Lee though. I just don't like the way she's written. She always felt more like a walking plot device than an actual character (even if she was pretty great in the finale).

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Acacia REI posted:

I hope the writers are finally done with Lee though. I just don't like the way she's written. She always felt more like a walking plot device than an actual character (even if she was pretty great in the finale).

Evil Lee sticking around a la Barbara would have been fun. She and Barnes could've teamed up!

Speaking of Barnes though, I hope he's never cured

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's kind of funny how the show is all over the place with Lee/Gordon's relationship while in real life they just got married.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Another thing I want to say is I actually like that they take so much artistic liberty with the source material. It's the thing I hear people do don't like this show complain about the most (not necessarily here, just people I know). I understand that a lot of people don't like it when writers deviate from the original source but I feel like that's kind of the point of remakes/reboots/etc. As far as I'm concerned they're more or less glorified fanfiction anyway and I like seeing new takes on classic favorites. I get it and all, but I don't think I would enjoy this show nearly as much as I do if they weren't taking so much artistic liberty with the story and characters.

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Evil Lee sticking around a la Barbara would have been fun. She and Barnes could've teamed up!

That actually crossed my mind too until she was cured. Then it was like "well there goes that fun idea but whatever at least she left on a train."

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I didn't like Lee in a lot of stuff, becuase she tended to be Cops Wife/Girlfriend cliche. The "I know you're working on the school girl strangler case, but I need you to stop worrying about that and pay attention to me!" and "You don't tell me what you're doing in the investigation! I don't like you keeping things from me". I have a friend who's a cop and a friend who's wife is a cop, and both hate that because a spouse knows you can't discuss ongoing investigations

Though Lee was the medical examiner, it's still kind of wrong to demand case details.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern
I mostly know Lee / Leslie Thompkins from the Animated Series, where she used to be a colleague of Bruce's father and I think once was sweet on Alfred.

But I like this Lee too. I'd love to see the Gotham versions of Lee and Gordon in their late fifties, him the mustachioed grumpy white-haired Commissioner and her running her street clinic in Crime Alley, and occasionally a case makes them cross their paths and by their uncomfortable looks and comments you are reminded that they've been through some real poo poo together in the past and there are all sorts of unresolved emotions that they never really talked about.

Likewise I love to imagine an older fatter Penguin, whose original attraction to Nygma has festered into bitter poisonous resentment that always compels him to try extra hard to one-up this particular foe, maybe even assisting Batman with clues during one of the Riddler's crime sprees ("Just doing my duty as a concerned businessman") just to see Nygma fail. While on the other hand Nygma will always be able to gloatingly dangle Penguin's earlier affection over Oswald's head and taunt him about it - especially once the inevitable villain team-ups start to happen.

What I'm saying is I for one am OK with the re-imaginings, and even if the show goes on for only one more season, it would be cool to see a reunion miniseries with this cast some twenty years down the road.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
What about Lee allowing one of batman's sidekicks to die to teach him a lesson?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

The news talk on the TV said the cure was effective on 90% of the infected, which I'm 100% sure is how they're gonna keep The Executioner around.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lee suffers a relapse at some point, either.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

bobkatt013 posted:

What about Lee allowing one of batman's sidekicks to die to teach him a lesson?

Please don't open the Stephanie Brown :can:

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

It's kind of funny how the show is all over the place with Lee/Gordon's relationship while in real life they just got married.

What really? Congratulations I guess. How did that happen, were they involved before the show?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

evilmiera posted:

What really? Congratulations I guess. How did that happen, were they involved before the show?

Nope!

Edit: The reason Lee originally disappeared last season was because Morena really was pregnant with Ben McKenzie's child but there were some complications that required her to take time off work. She claims the timing of her real life pregnancy to the show was just a coincidence.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jun 12, 2017

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Edit: The reason Lee originally disappeared last season was because Morena really was pregnant with Ben McKenzie's child but there were some complications that required her to take time off work. She claims the timing of her real life pregnancy to the show was just a coincidence.

Also Morena Baccarin was married to someone else at this time and had an incredibly messy divorce because of it.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I know it's far from what everyone is going for with the casting, but I sort of think McKenzie might be able to do a decent job replacing Hugh Jackman as Logan in the Fox X-Men franchise in another few years. He's got the look, at 5'8" they might be able to pull of a slightly shorter Logan portrayal with him, if given the right direction he could maybe pull it off.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Phylodox posted:

The news talk on the TV said the cure was effective on 90% of the infected, which I'm 100% sure is how they're gonna keep The Executioner around.

I honestly thought they were going to make Barnes into Lock-Up.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They put out a trailer for season 4 but its not much of anything, mainly just a recap of season 3. There is a little extra info at the end and it looks like next season is going to start off with Scarecrow.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

They put out a trailer for season 4 but its not much of anything, mainly just a recap of season 3. There is a little extra info at the end and it looks like next season is going to start off with Scarecrow.

For God's sake don't link it or anything.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd3Dp4zVJmY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Season 3 still hasn't started airing in the UK yet for some reason.

• Locked thread