Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brannock posted:

I'm watching this Polish streamer and he's using a mount that looks like a lava salamander. Is this the Goblin Throne mount or something else?

According to Shane he got his from 2GD. I think its like a special mount thing they gave out to specific people that isn't purchasable yet. Its not the mount from the Goblin Throne pack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
any good videos showing off the different heroes for while im at work?

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Rafza posted:

ive tried healer and dps and i think double dps with ashka works real well

Have you played Bakko+Ashka? It's brutal when the ults come out. :getin:

Unfunny Poster posted:

Edit 2 - Here's the Rook bio to add to the champion section

Rook is a good, but slow, brawler type of champion. What he lacks in speed he makes up for in devastating armor breaking attacks and powerful strikes to follow up.
added

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Is this game still fun to play solo or is it not worth it if you don't have a group to play with regularly?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eonwe posted:

any good videos showing off the different heroes for while im at work?

Not really. Here's two vids I made of two different heroes.

Ashka (fire dude) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0MeDkv3QCA

Bakko (hi i have an axe guy) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNKgWqBP6wU

Freya (i have hammers girl) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmFMFAgz4c8

Internet Kraken posted:

Is this game still fun to play solo or is it not worth it if you don't have a group to play with regularly?

I find solo queueing OK. I definitely get a lot of pubbies who sperg out super hard though so maybe finding a good dude to play 2s or 3s with would be advisable.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Sep 20, 2016

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this accurate or are the heroes very different now?

http://battledorm.com/champions/shifu/

also thx ill watch your videos

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah that looks like its up to date.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Well, the servers are getting blasted, hopefully that's a good sign (big playerbase) and not a bad sign (Stunlock underserving)

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They sure love telling us about the server issues in-game though.

Edit - I also love the Dota people sperging super hard about the game when it was being streamed on Flax & Shane's channel. Namely the constant "omg champions?!?!?! :getout:" stuff.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Sep 20, 2016

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Eonwe posted:

this accurate or are the heroes very different now?

http://battledorm.com/champions/shifu/

It seems up to date, but there are some editorial/coding errors such as the "tips" on that page being for Bakko, not for Shifu. There are other things too, like the incomplete remarks under "Role". But the hard info regarding actual abilities and battlerites seems to be accurate at first glance, yep.

be nice
Sep 18, 2016

ok pls press 1 for summons
So far glutton isn't very good going crazy offense, he is absolutely crazy at protecting someone though. Wait for frogman to come out of stealth on your healer or someone, and just obliterate him. Since he lost the pull he kind of lacks mobility compared to most so you can kite him fairly easily.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
whats a hero that someone who is poo poo at video games could / should play

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Eonwe posted:

Freya is probably the easiest hero to pick up. Fast, good mobility, tough.

be nice
Sep 18, 2016

Eonwe posted:

Glutton is pretty easy, Igniter is pretty good but takes a bit getting used to with burst.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Eonwe posted:

The bald healer guy barely has to aim

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eonwe posted:

Bakko is good to learn on. You face rush, brawl, and also can deflect their attacks.

be nice
Sep 18, 2016

98% positive reviews, #1 top seller right now. Feels good, man

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
poloma is my fave :3:

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

I enjoy playing the spear man because having a button I can press to punish other bad players makes me feel good about my lack of skill

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

Lastgirl posted:

poloma is my fave :3:

:3::hf::)

i liked her and warden from blc. I can't wait for warden to come back so i can bowl into folks.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
if you're bored i'm streaming some ashka randos here: https://www.twitch.tv/rafzaka

Foodchain
Oct 13, 2005

This game is what Diablo 3 PVP was supposed to be before Blizzard abandoned any hope on it. The stuff Blizzard had at Blizzcon a year before release seemed like a blast and very similar to what BLC/Battlerite is. The end product was nonexistent, followed by a super lame, poorly balanced, piece of poo poo that no one does.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was completely unaware Diablo 3 even had PVP until you brought it up.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Glad I took the plunge and got the EA. Still havent won an actual match, but boomerang girl is all sorts of fun.

Foodchain
Oct 13, 2005

Unfunny Poster posted:

I was completely unaware Diablo 3 even had PVP until you brought it up.

It looked really good and fun at Blizzcon. Friends who tried it at Blizzcon loved it. PVP wasn't in at launch, but many patches later they added it. I tried it with a friend and found it to be completely unplayable. I had no expectations of it and somehow it managed to be about 1000% worse than I imagined. The character power was so hosed up that characters could just one-shot eachother with any ability. Words can't describe how poo poo it is. That's why I imagine most people are unaware it exists. It is completely beyond anything resembling an actual game. It's trying to play minesweeper where every square is a mine .

Kraden
Mar 22, 2010

Foodchain posted:

It looked really good and fun at Blizzcon. Friends who tried it at Blizzcon loved it. PVP wasn't in at launch, but many patches later they added it. I tried it with a friend and found it to be completely unplayable. I had no expectations of it and somehow it managed to be about 1000% worse than I imagined. The character power was so hosed up that characters could just one-shot eachother with any ability. Words can't describe how poo poo it is. That's why I imagine most people are unaware it exists. It is completely beyond anything resembling an actual game. It's trying to play minesweeper where every square is a mine .

Don't forget that thorns work at full effect, so even if you do kill that crusader, you still die!

In other news: Battlerite is a good and fun game.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
thanks buds. ill try those heroes out

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Pro-tip: Don't pull off an epic 2v1 win in overtime as Varesh using your ult and then celebration-dash into the off-limits zone only to die and tie the game.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

How do I get into the discord channel? There's a lock symbol and it says my role wont allow me in.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dracula Factory posted:

How do I get into the discord channel? There's a lock symbol and it says my role wont allow me in.

In the OP there's a link to the SA thread that explains how to get auth'd.

Ruzihm posted:

Playing With Goons
If you want to play the game with some of your fellow Goons feel free to use the #battlerite channel on the SA Games discord found here: https://discord.gg/gRX76tt
Instructions to set it up can be found here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3787504

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Sep 20, 2016

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Eonwe posted:

thanks buds. ill try those heroes out

Varesh's Bloodline counterpart had an elephant mask so you could give him a shot. Don't forget to put your shield up now and then!

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

1st Match > get 3 - 0 dumpstered by team of Snuu Snuu mace amazon and spectral mage thing.

2nd Match > Get matched against the exact same guys, make adjustments and beat them 3 - 1. The crowning moment for me was the other amazon person the sky jump ult in a panic, and then me reacting by placing my ult on her landing pad just before she landed, liquifying her.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

this game is good, but it would be even better if the servers worked and I was allowed to play it against others.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm streaming with no commentary and just chilling out. Come chill out friends.

http://www.twitch.tv/tallardar/

strong bird
May 12, 2009

This game is Hot Hot Hot!

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Reliability of getting into matches aside, I'm pleasantly impressed by the matchmaking. It placed me at about 2900 during beta, I got up to 3300 (Grade 11) within a couple dozen games and have been staying there for the last fifty or so games. My opponents are pretty much at my skill level always and I never feel like I'm ever matched with someone significantly below or above my skill level.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I noticed that your grade changes depending on how well you score too

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Got a double kill with hammer lady's ult, it's reeeeeeeally satisfying.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Sirius Owns. Enemy team lands double incap, I land double petrify. Everyone take a nice 3 second chill pill. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Minrad posted:

Sirius Owns. Enemy team lands double incap, I land double petrify. Everyone take a nice 3 second chill pill. :3:

Yeah he's one of my favorite supports.

• Locked thread