Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
What about BattleFARTS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

I wish I could play this more but half the times I queue up it takes several minutes and then gives dumb matches 75% of the time like a 3 grade difference or pre-mades against solo queue or no support vs 1 support in 3s.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

Khorne posted:

3s queues are long especially at off-peak hours.

Yeah, I've noticed that the 3s queue is much worse. 2s seems to have more people and looser comp restrictions (which is how it should be IMO) so my games there are better.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

I'm annoyed that Sirius still seems to have buggy as hell hit detection

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

I like the weapon charge mechanic on Seeker. It lets you recast his abilities but doesn't actually consume the charges unless you decide to use the recast which makes it pretty flexible, especially with how much you can power up his space, which is really good.

Super secret tip: you can move with his space by holding your movement keys while casting it and firing in a completely direction with your cursor!

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

The good ones I see spend most of their time casting M2s and claws

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

I like ashka more. He's mobile and has a lot of utility. Varesh sometimes relies too much on having some space from enemies because he doesn't really have things like cc on demand unless you apply judgement first or mobility without spending energy. A lot of his skills are pretty mediocre IMO. E needs to proc debuffs before it's interesting, Q is like the most bizarre skill ever for varesh, ex E is garbo. Pretty much all of ashka's skills are good. Ashka's biggest weakness compared to Varesh is the lack of burst.

Although I feel like both are still weaker than jumong and maybe jade. Both have good burst, cc, mobility, basically the entire package for a ranged dps.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

Croak is really good at enabling other heroes to land their abilities or burst attacks. Croak + Jade or Croak + Sirius, for example. Being able to incap and then stun a dude for approximately 1 year is huge. Usually see him in 2s since a 2v1 is far more advantageous than a 3v2.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

The main thing about Sirius that seems broken is his M1 - R - M1 combo with the T2 battlerite for the weapon charge on R which makes this a 60 damage <1 second total cast + animation length 25% energy burst combo. That's a lot of burst in a short amount of time.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

Megasabin posted:

He has to catch you with all defensive abilities on cool down to land that though. He's a slow character at baseline, and his R has a dash before the attack hits, so there's plenty of time to get out of town. Even if you have slow reflexes and get hit with the R, you know there is a follow up charged attack coming that you should definitely should be able to dodge.

If you get caught with all your defensive skills on cooldown than you deserve it, and there are other characters who could put out even more damage in that same situation.

I don't think there's really that much time to respond unless you're just blowing cooldowns every time a Sirius is in melee range (which isn't necessarily a bad idea considering his lack of poke or initiation tools).

His R has a special trick where if it collides with something, it shortens the time before the swing comes out. So the combo ends up looking like this:

Maybe that's reasonable but I think it's a bit weird for a support character. And I don't really know of any other character who can output that much burst that fast from a standstill.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

The main reason I don't play as much now is because it's just too hard getting good matches. Half my games have a 2 grade spread which is just too much, especially after several minutes of queuing

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah I think it's a bad idea

Population is already kinda meh and people are waiting for the F2P to bring the game to life

Saying the game is going to take a year to get that population is insane

Who's still going to be playing a year from now?

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

I do find it funny that so many people think the game will fail with a Q1 release but bought the early access with a Q1 release date

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

M1 changes preview:

https://blog.battlerite.com/dev-blog-004/

TLDR: no ranged champions can move while using m1s, longer cast times, smaller hitboxes, higher damage, faster acceleration on movement, higher movement speed

koolkal fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Feb 27, 2017

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

Kikas posted:

Well this game will soon get a serious cash boost.
https://blog.battlerite.com/the-champion-body-pillow/

Can't wait for the Pestilus one.

"we know Pearl is in high demand!" jfc

Bigger tits is sure to bring in more players so good on them I guess

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

Finally I can have my bikini deer waifu. Edit: It's kind of sad how much better their older design in their dev blog is compared to this one

Also her abilities look generic and boring. Lucie's heal, Queen but without any exploding, ashka's E copied over directly, bakko's shield copied over directly, and rook's ultimate copied over directly after reading the written descriptions and watching the video

Her EX abilities are more interesting and maybe she'll have some interesting battlerites but it's disappointing how generic they make every champion's abilities expecting battlerites to make them at all unique

koolkal fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jun 19, 2017

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

I stopped playing because I didn't find the game fun to play. I can boot up the game and stare at the character select screen but I still would rather just close it and play something else. I don't think I've played half the champions for more than 30 minutes or so.

They can add new game modes, new characters, keep changing models or whatever, rebalance the characters, improve the community but none of that would make me want to play again since something about the core gameplay is really off to me. I think a good amount of past players agree with this because there's a massive player retention issue. >500000 copies sold and 65000 login at least once in a 2 week period and there's only every 1000-2000 people playing at any given time and free weekends and content releases don't seem to do anything to bring them back

I don't expect anything to change because their development pace is so slow that I imagine testing changes to the base gameplay would take them several months to implement

koolkal fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Aug 30, 2017

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

Would an earlier f2p have helped in retrospect? The game still has massive player retention issues with 500000 buying the game at the beginning of the year and the vast majority not logging in anymore by february despite paying for the game. And the existing playerbase seems really unhappy with the pace of development too.

I was against the f2p delay in december but now I think the game would have been a letdown either way.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

Don't worry, that'll be in the model rework that happens a few months after

The battlerite loadout change excites me the most because I think the current system is pretty awful

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

Seems a lot more interesting than the old system since there's a lot of options for actual customization

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

I played 2 matches of it and it felt awful. There's not really a very good indicator of what's important or what everything does. And the entire loop of doing events to charge up your big dude HotS-style isn't implemented very well. Even when you get a full charge, you still have to ride into the enemy spawn and then burn through a shield just to get some damage in. Which means there's never any real damage done until after 10 or whatever events and the guardians start marching. Also there seem to be levels but there's no real indication of how much of an effect it's having besides seeing your damage numbers go up.

In general, there's not very many indications of what's actually happening in the match. In HotS, there's always a big pop up or sound effect or the actual visuals of your entire screen change. Also, there's way too much waiting around for things to happen. Waiting 15-20s for events to spawn. Then having to have an event finish despite your charge being past 100%. Then you have to wait like another 30s for the spawn doors to go down so you can actually attack the guardian. It's just way too long with too much time spent doing nothing but hiding in a bush.

Also the new UI is trash and has too many menus and different tabs to go through if you want to find anything. I blame the xbone

The new battlerite system is better though

koolkal fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Oct 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

Might want to mention the way health works in terms of healing + orbs and healer cooldowns

• Locked thread