Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Piso Mojado

eye roll to help bring attention to racial injustice in America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piso Mojado

When i hear those patriotic horns blaring the anthem, i put my hands out in front of me and do a strait slut drop, grabbing my butt as I slowly rise with everyone else.

Piso Mojado

It is a simple, but powerful and resonating gesture when I drop it down low, real low, never breaking eye contact with the flag. If security would let me I would glide sexily up against the pole and rub my sexy body against it, further stimulating a candid discussion on the disparity African Americans face every day.

Piso Mojado fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Sep 20, 2016

Piso Mojado

me (dancing like christina aguilera against shirtless ebony man, whispering into the camera): "black. lives. matter."

privileged whites everywhere: *eyes burst out of head* *crotch burst out of pants*

the unabonger
Please sign my petition to change the national anthem to peaches' "gently caress the pain away"

Piso Mojado

i flunked out posted:

Please sign my petition to change the national anthem to peaches' "gently caress the pain away"

if this is what it takes to discuss the history of the established injustice, i will rub myself nastily to this song and I will sweat

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
I carry little plastic mules and fake land certificates for 40 acres with me so that i can hand them out to people during the national anthem, it just feels right

Piso Mojado

me when everyone else is eating that racist bullshit up:

Manifisto

I sing it as "José can you see"

:evilbuddy:

ty nesamdoom!

Boomzilla

Piso Mojado posted:

if this is what it takes to discuss the history of the established injustice, i will rub myself nastily to this song and I will sweat

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
As the first notes of the National Anthem swell majestically skyward, I begin to krump furiously, and silently, to show my commitment to the cause

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
I have been criticized for not putting my money behind my convictions, but people don't know how expensive it is to have an exhaust grate installed on the field so that I can coyly, and silently, hold down my billowing dress when the National Anthem begins

Business Gorillas

:harambe:

i flunked out posted:

I have a pen but you gotta reach into my pocket to get it :grin:

Commie NedFlanders

here's me during national anthem

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
Love God, Love Thy Neighbor
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

misty mountaintop posted:

I have been criticized for not putting my money behind my convictions, but people don't know how expensive it is to have an exhaust grate installed on the field so that I can coyly, and silently, hold down my billowing dress when the National Anthem begins

joke_explainer

meh, can't really get into jokes at the expense of people getting disproportionally harassed by the police in the US? especially just after another particular egregious one where cameras clearly show the guy with his hands up and backing up and apparently he got shot for behaving erratically. Maybe he was scared of being shot for no reason.

i know the joke is on the NBA player but it seems to imply he's being somehow delinquent or ungrateful, like,"you should feel good and grateful about living in a country where people that look like you are harassed by the police more frequently than ones that don't". also weird that so many of the jokes revolve around stereotypically "urban" dancing.

i think it was a good attempt and it seems like punching up given the relative wealth and status of NBA players, but his cause being just kind of sours it. (Also, BLM is kind of an east target getting mocked relentlessly online, which just makes more anti-BLM jokes seem even more crass and problematic). People criticize him for not giving more money, but how many people would still be talking about it if he just gave more money? just throwing money at it doesn't solve every problem and it definitely doesn't make racist cops less racist.

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
I know you're the joke explainer but I think you are missing the funny part of the joke here, which is not on the NFL player, Colin Kaepernick (not NBA) as I see it, but instead a kind of mute frustration with the inability of any of us to effect immediate and meaningful change in a system which is so intolerably and obviously hosed up all the time, so that you could do whatever the gently caress during the national anthem and instead of it being treated seriously people would instead act like you had done a striptease.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
re: "urban" dance, "krump" is an objectively funny word and I'll defend that opinion to the death.

----------------

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
Like, I think Piso's posts are funny because if people poo poo themselves over Colin Kaepernick just silently sitting there during the anthem, they would probably all die of a heart attack while making GBS threads themselves if instead he backed that thang up during the National Anthem, and I for one hope that they do actually die while making GBS threads themselves and it's funny for me to imagine them doing it. Not very nice I suppose but what I'm driving at here is that it's not the NFL player I'm laughing at, it's all of the idiots who have a problem with his protest that I'm laughing at.

----------------

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
Personally. Maybe other people were laughing at Colin Kaepernick and BLM.

----------------

Piso Mojado

joke_explainer posted:

meh, can't really get into jokes at the expense of people getting disproportionally harassed by the police in the US? especially just after another particular egregious one where cameras clearly show the guy with his hands up and backing up and apparently he got shot for behaving erratically. Maybe he was scared of being shot for no reason.

i know the joke is on the NBA player but it seems to imply he's being somehow delinquent or ungrateful, like,"you should feel good and grateful about living in a country where people that look like you are harassed by the police more frequently than ones that don't". also weird that so many of the jokes revolve around stereotypically "urban" dancing.

i think it was a good attempt and it seems like punching up given the relative wealth and status of NBA players, but his cause being just kind of sours it. (Also, BLM is kind of an east target getting mocked relentlessly online, which just makes more anti-BLM jokes seem even more crass and problematic). People criticize him for not giving more money, but how many people would still be talking about it if he just gave more money? just throwing money at it doesn't solve every problem and it definitely doesn't make racist cops less racist.

lmao

Piso Mojado

byob8.2: dancing (urbanly)

Piso Mojado fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Sep 21, 2016

several friends

Piso Mojado

when I hear that frank scott key I can't help but to support activists everywhere by grinding animal-like against Adrian Peterson (famous NBA player)

Piso Mojado fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Sep 21, 2016

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
First down and ten from the twenty years line: I take the snap, run straight backwards and spike it, silently, in my own end zone, to symbolize the safety everyone deserves to be able to feel when they interact with the police.

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
I hand off the ball to the running back. When he turns the corner, I silently tackle him from behind. "Stop resisting!" I say as I reach for my taser. As the referees get closer I point at the football cradled in his arms. "I think he's got a gun!" That's when the National Anthem begins to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
"Oh say can you see..." blares over the PA system. Time to take my stand. I silently begin playing for the NBA as a utility player coming off the bench to help the Warriors reach another championship series.

• Locked thread