Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The biggest problems with RAW seem to be the creative. They have not figured out how to manage a 3 hour show. If the creative was at least by the numbers and at least neutral I think you would see a little less hate on some of the usual darlings. Same thing happened with Sasha. She was loved here for a long time and then almost overnight there was a lot of naysaying. I wouldn't be surprised if you see the same thing for Bayley or frankly anyone who comes out of NXT and onto Raw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Working a crowd as a heel is so foreign in wwe today. When's the last time you've seen a guy really work a crowd as a heel. Jericho is one of the few people who does it during promos, but even during matches he doesn't seem to do it very much. Not to mention it feels like half the time faces are told to wrestle like heels in wwe. They really don't know what they want as a company. It isn't the wrestlers faults though it is all wwe.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Super Ninja Fish posted:

I was watching some Austin 96 on the network. When Austin got cheers, he got on a mic and said something like "What the hell are you so happy about? You didn't do anything for me. I don't give a rat's rear end about any of you!"

This is literally what Kevin Owens did the week after he won. "You chanted 'You Deserve It.' Of course I deserve it, but that was just you trying to hi-jack my moment."

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Wrestlers work the crowd, Sports Entertainers are above such antics. You don't see Brad Pitt suddenly start talking to the audience during his movies do you?

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

jackofarcades posted:

This is literally what Kevin Owens did the week after he won. "You chanted 'You Deserve It.' Of course I deserve it, but that was just you trying to hi-jack my moment."

You're right, I forgot about that. People still don't hate him though, maybe he needs to do a lot more of that.

Jericho was getting mugged in parking lots 8 years ago people believed he was an rear end in a top hat so hard.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Super Ninja Fish posted:

You're right, I forgot about that. People still don't hate him though, maybe he needs to do a lot more of that.

Jericho was getting mugged in parking lots 8 years ago people believed he was an rear end in a top hat so hard.

People don't hate him because the guy they are supposed to cheer is loving Roman Reigns.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

The_Rob posted:

Working a crowd as a heel is so foreign in wwe today. When's the last time you've seen a guy really work a crowd as a heel.

the miz

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

You're absolutely right and because of that he is always over as a heel.

only temporary
Sep 3, 2006
Watching Raw now, from what I'm seeing, Rusev is basically the Bray Wyatt of Raw, right? Hes got a championship, but he should be way higher on the card due to his skill on the mic and in the ring.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Calling Rusev the Bray Wyatt of RAW is an insult to Rusev.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Trips' "Triple H is the GOAT" hype package pre-WM30 was incredible heeling that worked exactly the way it was supposed to

only temporary
Sep 3, 2006

Alain Post posted:

Calling Rusev the Bray Wyatt of RAW is an insult to Rusev.

Maybe I'm just a Wyatt mark? They both seem to be the total package to me, the same way Owens is.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

rusev actually wins matches

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Bray Wyatt comes out and talks about spiders for 90 minutes and gets owned, Rusev breaks fools at the command of his hot wife

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

only temporary posted:

Maybe I'm just a Wyatt mark? They both seem to be the total package to me, the same way Owens is.

the total package in that family is bo dallas but wwe doesn't realize it yet. i bo-lieve!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

8p: 2.73 Million
9p: 2.69 Million
10p: 2.63 Million

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The closest Bray will get to holding a title is by kicking the champ's rear end and raising the belt to start the feud, before getting his rear end kicked for the following 5 weeks including in Youtube-exclusive segments

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Waiting all day for that rating

Vertical Lime posted:

:laffo:

only temporary
Sep 3, 2006

Aye Doc posted:

the total package in that family is bo dallas but wwe doesn't realize it yet. i bo-lieve!

Bo SHOULD be solid midcard with his skill, but he works really well as the comedy jobber.

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Find more in life

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Efexeye posted:

tough poo poo vkm, if you want mainstream recognition, be prepared for mainstream criticism

If you watched the Stone Cold Podcast you would know Vince listens to the fans, not the critics.

Vertical Lime posted:

Whoops.

only temporary
Sep 3, 2006

Aye Doc posted:

Also forgot to make the Luke Harper Family joke

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

and remember, next week the hall of famer is gonna kill them

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Vertical Lime posted:

Cruiserweight are (cruiser)weighing down the WWE Brand, time to sink it

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

whoof enjoy the cruiserweights while they last

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Germany is dropping Raw due to low ratings, deal ends in March

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

Time to give Braun Stroman that nazi gimmick

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

lmao

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Vertical Lime posted:

Hey now, that means their average is pretty much the same as last week, and there was no significant dropoff for the 3rd hour. Clearly proving that Roman Reigns is enough of a draw to even overcome the blandness of those vanilla midgets in the Cruiserweight division. Push Roman Reigns to the moon!

That felt so wrong to type.

Edit:

Chris James 2 posted:

It wasn't until a couple of days ago that I actually found out Raw was airing in Germany these days. Doesn't help that Tele 5 is just a random channel that many people haven't even heard about and those that know it don't give a poo poo about it.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Chris James 2 posted:

Good.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Clearly, Raw can't draw ratings without AJ STYLES carrying the brand

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
mnf was a 7-9 eagles browns game for 3 quarters and raw took a poo poo and died still

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I want to believe that raw getting cancelled somewhere would make them start changing things up but then I remember it's wwe.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The_Rob posted:

I want to believe that raw getting cancelled somewhere would make them start changing things up but then I remember it's wwe.

Raw being Network exclusive in a country, you would think, would be the start of something

In reality if it happened in the US they'd be hosed in impressive fashion

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Minidust posted:

It's kinda alarming, because one can safely assume that they're trying hard to legitimize the brand new shiny championship on the flagship show. And this is what they come up with. This is the kind of spite-booking I was expecting for Smackdown's title scene but nope.

I guarantee you that in Vince's mind the US title is the main event belt and the Universal is midcard, and it's all because we rejected Roman.

Raw has no title, Rusev goes on a rant about how he has the main title and he's the champion, so they put Rusev in a Raw main event to defend it. Later they introduce the Universal title, give it to a respected yet relative newcomer from outside WWE in Balor. Meanwhile at Summerslam the US title segment is positioned on the card right before the inaugural Universal title match and above Smackdown's WWE title. Balor gets injured immediately so the belt is hotshotted and hand-delivered to Owens, another respected yet relative newcomer from outside WWE. Roman then soundly beats Owens non-title for no reason, and gets to fight for and probably win the US title on the PPV. Vince has already positioned it so Roman has what he thinks is the main title, and we just accept it because we think it's midcard.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Germansimp posted:

Hey now, that means their average is pretty much the same as last week, and there was no significant dropoff for the 3rd hour. Clearly proving that Roman Reigns is enough of a draw to even overcome the blandness of those vanilla midgets in the Cruiserweight division. Push Roman Reigns to the moon!

i want it to turn out that roman is actually a huge draw and has a massive fanbase that is outside of the wrestling fandom, but they've ping-ponged him to look so inconsistent and weak that it killed their desire to see him. roman reigns being the hero wwe needed but the one that they sabotaged would rule

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

The_Rob posted:

It will. Owens will get buried.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Owens is going to have a poo poo title run since WWE is incapable of making a strong heel champion when it's the heel's first run.

His second run might be alright.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This forum is so loving stupid.

That is a humdinger of a bad rating but why would anyone be happy about it unless they want Vince to be proven right in any lovely opinion he's ever held?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
We just need HHH.

• Locked thread