Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«8 »
waloo
Mar 15, 2002
Your Oedipus complex will prove your undoing.

404notfound posted:

We have so much god drat Chinese food here in Milpitas. That and seemingly 2-3 boba shops in every single shopping center. Great if you're into it, but I really wish there was more variety here.

I know it's all subsets of Chinese food and being in the USA means there is a lot of overlap but the different regional cuisines of Chins are pretty varied and good imo.

This is probably more me being nostalgic for trying different things in different places in China than a useful comment on restos in milpitas, a place I have not actually been to in spite of living so near, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carillon
May 9, 2014

A food blogger I follow has been trying to find good XLB here in the bay area and failing. All the talk of XLB though has made me want to find some here, anyone have any leads on where they might be?

Ranter
Jul 11, 2004

Not XLB but on Milpitas chat: This is just like the original Vietnamese 7 course beef place in the Tenderloin but the ambiance and quality is... "improved". https://www.yelp.com/biz/anh-hong-milpitas-milpitas-2

Making your own customized fresh rice paper rolls is delightful. For example I'm a rau ram fiend whilst my girlfriend is all about cilantro, so we can share the food and have it meet our personal tastes pretty precisely.

Development
Jun 2, 2016

Iím going to Red Hot Wok tomorrow night, any tips? I think the three cup chicken is locked in as one of our dishes.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Carillon posted:

A food blogger I follow has been trying to find good XLB here in the bay area and failing. All the talk of XLB though has made me want to find some here, anyone have any leads on where they might be?

If you're in the south bay, Din Tai Fung has a location in the Valley Fair mall in west San Jose

got off on a technicality
Feb 7, 2007

oh dear

Carillon posted:

Not world-beatingly good, but these are solid choices: Dragon Beaux (in the Richmond), or Koi Palace (specifically the one in Dublin, CA not Daly City)

Ranter
Jul 11, 2004

Cooking Papa in Foster City makes some decent stuff including XLB.

And I don't think you'd be going wrong getting them at Koi Palace Daly City either.

Ranter fucked around with this message at May 20, 2018 around 18:56

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Development
Jun 2, 2016

cooking papa in the south bay is good too. I really like the braised beef noodle soup.

«8 »