Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
Reposting from the other thread as I didn't know there was one dedicated to the Bay Area:

Hi!

I'm going out to San Jose, CA for a weeklong nerd convention in June. I've never been before and am looking for good places to eat. I'll probably be staying somewhere near the downtown area as that's where my events will be, but am happy to Uber/take the lightrail places as I'm from NYC and can take public transportation.

I eat everything and am not too concerned with prices. Thank you!

(Also if people have neighborhood suggestions for places to stay, pray do tell)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
Awesome, thank you for the suggestions folks. Seems like I have my work cut out for me :btroll:

eschaton posted:

If you're staying downtown (which you should for WWDC) you really won't need to think about Uber, or you can trivially catch a real cab.

There are lots of tasty places a short walk from the McEnery Center, which is at the edge of downtown. Go up to First and turn right, there'll be a bunch of decent food and booze like Cafe Stritch and Haberdasher and good coffee at Cafe Frascatti. Go the opposite direction to the plaza and there's all sorts of stuff from fast food to good Thai and a vegan place with an amazing beer selection for its size (Good Karma). Keep going past First towards the SJSU gate instead, and you can get a Psycho Donut, a good burrito, or a bulgogi cheesesteak.

There's a ton of other stuff nearby too, all walking distance from the convention center, like the German places I mentioned just a few posts ago.

Awesome! Will you be presenting again this year?