Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Camino in Oakland has been the best, pretty nice restaurant I've been to recently. The menu changes with what's seasonal and everything is cooked over an open fire.
Nick's Pizza in North Oakland is best I've had in the bay area. Also has a changing menu based around season/local stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

OGS-Remix posted:

Southern BBQ
Smoking Pig (San Jose/Fremont) - They have two locations, I prefer the San Jose. Probably the best American BBQ restaurant in the Bay Area. I like it a lot better then Memphis Minnies.

Vegetarian
Millenium (Oakland) - I haven't been myself but supposedly the one of the best vegetarian restaurants in the Bay Area. They even have vegan/vegetarian Sushi supposedly.
Have you been the an Everett and Jones? Their sauce is really good but I haven't managed to make it to one of their restaurants. Brick Pig House on Shattuck in North Oakland is a good little spot.

Millenium is all vegan and is quite good. I never made it to the old San Francisco location, which was a lot fancier I think, but the food and atmosphere at the new location are very enjoyable, but I don't remember them doing sushi. The best vegan sushi I've had is at Cha-Ya in the Mission.

Anybody got a favorite Famer's Market? I just moved down to San Leandro and the Bayfaire one has a lot of good stuff at good prices.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Senf posted:

Lake Merritt is probably the best one in the area, yeah, though the Bayfair market isn't too bad. This is a pretty decent seasonal one that happens every Wednesday evening in downtown San Leandro, too.

I like the Lake Merritt one, but it can be a pain to find parking at, and I can bike to the Bayfair one and it's at a mall with a huge lot. Still need to try the downtown one.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

OGS-Remix posted:

There was a goon meet up in Alameda a few years ago and we ate a place called American Oak. It was pretty decent and had flights of whiskey which I thought was interesting.

Are there any other places similar to that or have flights of whiskey? Restaurant or bar doesn't really matter, but if they have good food that's definitely a plus.

Hard Water on the embarcadero does. It's a little pricey but the view is really nice and the food is decent.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

lampey posted:

Are there any veggie burger recommendations in the east bay?

The one at Moxie's in south Berkeley is Bahn-mi inspired and good. That's a good spot for beers that has nice outdoor seating.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

It's its are an amazing ice cream sandwich and I'm guessing the part that would be ambiguous.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Hard Water is a cool and fancy whiskey bar on the water that has decent food. It's right up the Embarcadero from the Ferry Building, which is also kind of fun to walk through and has some cool food related shops. That should all be walkable from Embarcadero bart station.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

The East bay has better bbq and pizza places than the city. And while the BBQ still doesn’t match the south, I think cheese board style sourdough crust pizza with seasonal toppings holds its own.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Cheese Board and all the places that copied it with sourdough crust and seasonal toppings, like I said

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

I will keep your pedantic rear end feedback in mind for future posting

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Ranter posted:

OK buddy I was being nice but since we're gonna do this

This is a dumb post.

You gunna name all these great pizza places in the city who’s honor your defending?

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

You're really dumb if you think SF has "no good pizza."

I never said there was no good pizza, especially cause there is an Arizmendi making the kind of pizza I’m talking about on Valencia.
I just think those are the best places cause they aren’t emulating a different region’s style.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Is Square Pie Guys as good as the hype makes it out to be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

As Kneaded is made near my house in San Leandro, so I’m glad it’s making its way all around the bay. On the weekend the sell stuff out of store front and have some really good sticky buns in addition to the loafs