Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Rimworld seems like it would be a great platform for an LP, so I'm surprised that nobody's tried it yet. It's like a sci-fi Dwarf Fortress, and I know how successful that game's been on here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Yikes.

Does that preclude any future LPs of Rimworld?

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Danaru posted:

IIRC Tynan did actually apologize after his original knee-jerk defensiveness, and showed the research he did to get the numbers (dating sites and the like :rolleyes:), so at least he did it out of ignorance, not malice.

Yeah, I saw that post he made on Reddit. It seems legit to me.

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Unless a mod bans it, no. Some people just don't care about controversies.

Honestly, this is one of the weakest controversies I've seen, and it looks like everything's been settled now. So I'd like to reaffirm my request for a Rimworld LP.

Edit: There are also mods like Psychology that change Rimworld's gender mechanics from what Tynan put in and unfortunately isn't willing to change himself. Maybe use one of those.

Solitair fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Aug 18, 2017

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

I'd like to request an LP of Eradicator, this old 2.5D MS-DOS FPS that I liked when I was a teen. It's pretty fun, and I wish it got more attention. Dunno if screenshot, video or both would be better, though.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

I'd like to see an LP of Solatorobo: Red the Hunter for the DS.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

I just realized that there's no LP of Shin Megami Tensei IV on the list.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Anyone wanna take a crack at Neverwinter Nights?

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Dr. Fetus posted:

After seeing actual gameplay of YIIK:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwCKPhlyU5M

I am thinking of rescinding my request, because holy poo poo who would actually want to do all this over and over?

That makes me want to see an LP of it more than the first video does!

nine-gear crow posted:

The wonderful and terrible thing about “postmodern” is that it’s such a broad and easily misunderstood term that it both is and isn’t at the same time. Though chances are if you have to announce it’s a postmodern RPG, it probably actually isn’t.

Also the game is set at the tail end of 1999 (hence he Y2K pun in the title), yet everyone looks, acts, and talks like they’re straight out of 2018.

Edit: I looked it up on Wikipedia and it says they're looking for a viral video star who went missing. In the '90s.

Solitair fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jan 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Can I get an LP for The Hex?