Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Wiffle posted:

A screenshot lp of Trillion: God of Destruction would be nice.

It has an interesting concept but it's quite unlikely that idea factory could make a good game, maybe those expectations will be reversed?

Seconding this but first I have to say something. Idea Factory made tons of great games, its compile heart, their child company that makes the extremely questionable quality games that somehow got really popular and then took over their parent company or something. The Neverland Series is almost as inclusive as Suikoden, but with a ton more games.

I'd also like to request Infinite Space for the DS, I've heard about this game in so many places over the years but I just cant play it myself, so I'd like to see the hubbub.

I'll reactivate the PSP Persona too.

And if theres anyone that adores let's playing terrible games precisely because theyre terrible, I'd like to request a SSLP for Magna Carta on PS2, let me explain the gameplay just so you can understand. You have to fill an ATB, choose a single character to use with that atb while the enemies can just all attack you, then input a combo, and if you mess up at all your move just plain fails, healing included. Its a drat nightmare and quite possibly the worst gameplay in existence.

MythosDragon fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Dec 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

I'll bump that request if it can be a SSLP. I really want to refresh on the story for 3 but I honestly dont enjoy the gameplay of any of the spinoffs so I'm not playing myself and I in no way have the patience to sit still and do nothing long enough for a VLP, shame my request for a SSLP of the entire series failed.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Due to the fact that I'd have no choice but to skip Kingdom Hearts 3 if no one ever does this, I'm gonna request Kingdom Hearts #/# Days, Kingdom Hearts 3D, and Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep SSLPs. And for completions sake, Kingdom Hearts 1 and Kingdom Hearts 2 SSLPs. I just cant do Video LPs and I cant actually play those games myself for one reason or another even with the complete collection.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Thats not really true, you can always add optional videos for cutscenes, and I've tried to play the games myself or actively hate the gameplay(3D's minion system) so If anything it helps to not have to sit through all of that. I just dont think theres such a thing as "Doesnt lend itself to SSLP" unless there just no story in the game at all, alot of the best SSLPs are of games that have full voice acting and action gameplay.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

boy are my arms tired posted:

Baal and I are doing this and will have a thread up on April 4th.

Yes I'm running three lp threads, yes im literally insane

Any chance it wont be a VLP like .hack? A man can dream, right?

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

No offense, but I personally think you should just wait a month or two, atleast give some temporary respect since they've announced it in advance rather than attack people after the fact.

On the other hand, it sounds like SSLPs are fair game if anyone super cool wants to sweep in and do one.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

boy are my arms tired posted:

...they didn't announce it in advance, the post came out after launch, and after plans were already made. furthermore, a few people that i know have already been dinged by this on their channel, mere hours after that post went up

so no, i really don't think i should give "temporary respect" to a company that threatens its fans, lol. i'm also really confused how VLPs need temporary respect, but SSLPs don't? its a story game. story games are told regardless of the format they're in.

e: sslp wont happen, some other enterprising LP'er will have to do it. thread coming up friday evening due to technical problems

By announced it in advance, I mean they actually came out and said it publicly rather than only saying it in the middle of shutting down people and it spreading from there. And my understanding was it was specifically targeted at video content, which SSLPs only have optionally, so fair game. I'm just saying, compared to the way I've seen Nintendo and the like handle this stuff, this is downright saintly.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

I'm reading the Persona 4 LP thread, and they started talking about Cross Edge, a game I absolutely adore but is made by Classic Idea Factory Aka, the dark masters of all things "Guide Dangit", and I'd love to watch someone suffer through that even if I had to watch videos.

MythosDragon fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Apr 13, 2017

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Cross Edge is the game that made me decide to never play another Idea Factory JRPG. Please do not play it.

Sadly, you're not missing out on much. Their Child Company, Compile Heart somehow took over not long after and well theres just not much of worth in their games. We havnt gotten an actual Idea Factory game since Agarest 2, 5 years ago. Compile Heart continues to use their name though so sadly people associate them as the same thing.

Seriously, I loved Cross Edge and Agarest so much that I used to tout the Neverland Series as the best non localized RPG series. I still would too if it wasnt for Falcom taking up all my gaming related obsession.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

ChaosArgate posted:

Get him to do WKC:O first before HZD.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

whitehelm posted:

Even if you have archives all the images were hosted on waffleimages and are no longer there.

I bought archives to read all the "Finished" lps on the master list like a personal favorite: Luminous Arc. I was saddened to learn this the hard way.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

MonstrousMouse posted:

Now that Fate/Extella is out and there's a bunch of characters from the Fate spinoffs in it, I'd like to request Fate/Extra for PSP, SSLP.

Seconding this. I utterly fail at getting into Fate, but thats the one part I did succeed at loving.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Theres a fan translation thats almost done for Zero, it went through some poo poo, but a super fan or 2 took interest and are fixing it up, unless it gets a cease order you can definitely expect it before Sen 3. In case you don't know, Super Fan basically means they were officially consulted during the localization process in some way, also atleast one seems to be present on every single message board the series can be discussed on.

If we've learned one thing from this series' history in the west, its never say no to a LoH localization, we thought that for all 5 localized games so far and got them eventually. And while I'm not sure about sales, at the very least its taken up permanent residence in the RPG Hivemind at this point as a paragon of quality.

If you do LP it though, It's alot of fun to see an LPer share their love for a game when they LP rather than just transcribe it, so you know gush about it in the theoretical LP if possible.

MythosDragon fucked around with this message at 19:57 on May 12, 2017

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Yeah theres a huge difference between adding content where none exists and replacing content. I love when Lpers add that personal touch to their lps that makes it a unique experience that the game alone cant give you.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Worst

Rean lping Yandere simulator.

Any Silent Protag lping anything with scrabble gameplay.

Best isnt as funny

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

I just realized that I didnt request Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance SSLP back then, and since the new KH3 info is making me sad that I wont be able to play it unless I find some way to experience the rest of the story, can I re up 358 and Birth by Sleep in advance? I'll just let 1 and 2 sit since I can actually replay those if I need too.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

I have a sudden hankering for Tales of Legendia so I'm gonna request a SSLP. Kinda want to see all the Tales games have one since we have the entire PS3 generation done and then some.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Bumping my Kingdom Hearts Requests.

Also SMT 4 if no one else wants to, I want to see if the issues I have with the rest of the series are still present.
Is Frank still around? I enjoyed his LP style quite a bit.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Since I don't think I'll ever be able to handle the stress of doing it myself as I planned.... almost a year ago, I'm gonna request someone do an SSLP of Growlanser 4. I thought there was a like a handy word note where you post images and somehow turn that into a post on the internet or something, but nope everyone does this manually with very limited quality of life tools. Just making the intro took me like 2 days and it was highly stressful. Holy poo poo you guys are troopers, or alternatively its not so bad when youre used to writing stuff on computers.

When this game and Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC were new, I ever so slightly considered this the better game. That was before I knew about the NPC dialogue and truly appreciated Falcom's Overwhelming Seal of Quality, but damnit it says alot that it ever managed to make me say it was better than Legend of Heroes.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Yvonmukluk posted:

I'd like to request Costume Quest. Seems appropriate for the season.

I'll second this, I've always wanted to see what the mild hype was about, but never got around to it.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

I'd personally like to see a Xenoblade Chronicles SSLP.

I beat it once, but I essentially rushed through the game at the end since I was sick of it beyond belief after 100 hours. And would love a refresher.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Hell, lets throw in an The Last Story SSLP to complete the historic Operation Rainfall Triad as the only fan petition to ever work. Though this one has a VLP, having both never hurt.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Now that we have a release date for Kingdom Hearts 3, I'd like to reinstate my old requests for SSLP's of all the side games. I'm really bothered that the one I'm most willing to play is the only one with an LP I can read. I'll even participate in the threads to make sure your work is thanked despite being gone for half a year because I tried too hard to follow too many LPs.

Kingdom Hearts Side Games

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

1234567890num posted:

If' you're looking for just SSLP there's one for the original Chain of Memories here. Not sure about the others, though.

MythosDragon posted:

I'm really bothered that the one I'm most willing to play is the only one with an LP I can read.

The card game offends me the least in terms of gameplay, which I think says alot about how lowly I think of 358's handheld action, Birth by sleeps deck system, DDD's minion system, etc.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Heffree posted:

I'm actually planning on doing a hybrid of all the games since KH1 was such a big part of my childhood and I just really want to dive deep.

It'll be a while before I start it, though, for research and planning purposes. I'd like to try to get it well underway before KH3 is a thing.

Thank you, 2 was one of my favorite games as a kid and I still replay it every few years, and it's honestly really distressing to not be interested in 3 because I have no way of enjoying the side games it's going to rely on heavily.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

I'd like to request Saga 2 and Saga 3 for DS SSLP. The recent Unlimited Saga LP and Alliance Alive and Octopath got me interested in the series again. So I started reading the old LPs and started playing 2, but uh my liberal use of cheats since none of my devices like emulation too much literally broke Saga 2 and made me skip a dungeon so I cant progress, so screw that. I'd like it if more Fan Translated games had Let's plays to spread the word for them.

Also 3rding Dragon Quest 8 Reboot. It was my very first favorite Game and the entire series needs more LP Love.

Edit: Saga 2 and Saga 3 have translation patches.

MythosDragon fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Aug 7, 2018

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Choco1980 posted:

I recently finished a sslp of SaGa 2 DS over in the 30 years of Final Fantasy thread as part of my piggybacking and doing all the fancy remakes of games that were released originally under the FF moniker. 3 is a few titles down the road for me chronologically, but I'll be doing that too. Tangentially, I recently began work on Sword of Mana, the gba complete overhaul of Final Fantasy Adventure that has never been LP'd to completion on the forums.

edit: to stay on topic, I'd like to see someone do Legrange Point, the sci-fi rpg from the tail end of the famicom, known most for having the most advanced sound chips of any 8 bit game.

Oooh thank you for telling me and good luck, I'll try to read fast and catch up. Guess I should pay more attention to mega threads even if the main part is all video.

I started playing 3 myself and like it alot more than I did 2. It also seems to run better on my tablet so yay! Not using any cheats this time.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Kheldarn posted:

I'd like to request an LP of Breath Of Fire 2, SNES version. The archives have a completed GBA verison, and technically, a completed SNES version, but the images were hosted on waffle, so they're non-existant. I'd prefer screenshot, but a solo video (no co-hosts) would also work.

The live LP actually is of the SNES version. He does however use the GBA box art, so I can see how you got confused.

"When it came to decide how to approach this game, there were two options I was considering. The first was to do the GBA version with the Fresh Fire Mod attached. Fresh Fire changes a number of the game’s mechanics to make the whole thing more interesting and challenging. The other option was to play through the SNES version with Ryusui’s Retranslation Patch. The patch rips out Capcom’s dirty, greasy script and replaces it with a fresh new English one translated from the Japanese version.

In the end I decided that the plot of the game was far more important than the mechanics, so I will be playing through the SNES version. As with my previous Breath of Fire LP, this Let’s Play will be a screenshot Let’s Play with videos for boss battles.
"

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

In honor of Langrisser 1&2 Remake that was just announced , I'd like to request SSLP's of Langrisser 1 and Langrisser 2 so we can compare them. I'll leave it up to any potential Lper's to choose which version to do. I'm certainly not gonna wish installing Langrisser 1 PC98 on anyone.

We did have an LP of the SNES version of 2, but we lost the lper to the dreaded moving curse shortly after he finished the first route, which is about a 4th of the game or so. And I hope to see one on the archives.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

R.I.P I'd love to read but as evidenced by use of the word read, I'm not capable of sitting through videos. Still do it though, It's always preferable to have the game documented in some way.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

I'd like to request Dragon Quest Builders SSLP. I'm really losing steam with the resets and I'd love to see what kind of marvelous architecture someone competent could make.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Argas posted:

Dragonatrix already did a LP of the original, so I'd like to see Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker on the 3DS done, since it's an enhanced port with a whole new story after the original story. SSLP is probably the only viable format.

Anyone know if ChaosArgate plans to resume 1 ever?

Speaking of Shinjiro Takada, Fuma Yato and Yo Haduki though, If anyone wants to SSLP Growlanser 4 I have portraits and junk I can figure out how to share and will gladly help as much as I can. Its been 2 years since I got this all together and its a great game that can compete with a Trails game 1 to 1 so I'd love to see it archived for everyone to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

namad posted:

Okay, so. This is either a very unpopular or very popular opinion.
Someone please let's play Mass Effect: Andromeda.

I played through all of mass effect 1,2,3. Andromeda is such a bad game, I don't want to waste real money on it. I have to know a) what happens and b) is it really as bad as everyone says?
There's basically NO full let's play of this game. All the random lazy youtubers who started let's playing it quit pretty shortly after the prologue. Sure that part of the game is awful. Is it possible that later in the game it gets better? Probably not! I have to know though. The mystery is killing me.

If you're thinking this let's play couldn't possibly be interesting, the game is too boring, well, see, that's why I want you to do it! Not me! Either edit the christ out of it. Make it a SSLP, or have a couple of your mates on the video with you so you can all make fun of the game together.
I'm hopeful this request is met sometime in the next decade or two.

I don't want to meet the man willing to SSLP ME:A. Record yourself playing the game, watch your recording to get screenshots, look through screenshots and determine what you need and then actually write stuff about the game. Thats 4X as much time with that game as anyone else and thats probably how the Joker went so crazy.