Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

You're all pretty goddamn stupid, parachute was bottom of the barrel gym time, let's play some loving SPORTS!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
is this a regional thing like those cow bell bouquets the girls wear in the south? never had a parachute that I remember.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
What, did you think your loving gym teacher just invented that herself? She came up with he idea of children running under loving colored fabric? Jesus Christ get a hold of yourself

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

Arrhythmia posted:

"have to" as if it was a chore instead of a god drat privilege

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

You're all pretty goddamn stupid, parachute was bottom of the barrel gym time, let's play some loving SPORTS!

Mr. Sandusky was tricking you.

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

Frankenstyle posted:

Mr. Sandusky was tricking you.

huh i was wondering why he'd never invite any of the stronger more gifted athletes to practice tummy swords

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Lol just lol if your elementary school gym time didn't devolve into vaguely covert bloodsports.

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
when i tried out for little league the coach said if i didn't quit the team that we would go on a hunting trip, that my horse would stumble and i would fall, or at least that's what he'd tell my parents

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
the activity where everyone can feel like a special needs child...

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Dreddout posted:

Lol just lol if your elementary school gym time didn't devolve into vaguely covert bloodsports.

I liked when we'd play street Hockey on the basketball court because it was never more than five minutes before it turned into a Braveheart reenactment.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dookifex_maximus posted:

when i tried out for little league the coach said if i didn't quit the team that we would go on a hunting trip, that my horse would stumble and i would fall, or at least that's what he'd tell my parents

God bless that coach

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Parachute owned.

The little 4-wheeled rolling seats loving sucked and I never was able to use them without rolling over my fingers.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Arkanomen posted:

Parachute owned.

The little 4-wheeled rolling seats loving sucked and I never was able to use them without rolling over my fingers.

We didn't even have those neat safe handles, just squares.

naem
May 29, 2011

JonathonSpectre posted:

We used to do a thing where everyone would be in a circle around it and then all at once we'd sort of throw it upward and everyone had to run under it to the other side before it came down on you. Oh and while this wasn't a rule of the "game" it was a strictly followed indigenous custom that you had to scream at the top of your lungs while you ran. This was kindergarten/1st grade and it was one of the most fun things to do at PE.

My district basically banned it about 10 years ago because kids would run into each other in the wild dash and fall down and then "someone might get hurt." Hey fuckers this is human life, someone WILL get hurt, start getting used to it.

I head butted a kid unconscious doing this game

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Darth123123 posted:

HAHAHAHAHA Those things weren't loving safe! They seemed designed to place your child fingers right in front of the wheels.

Jesus, those seats were a loving nightmare as a kid.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
We had giant multicolored mystery parachute funtime in Finland too

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Arkanomen posted:

Parachute owned.

What was even the purpose of these? "oh those little shits can make a cardboard box and pool noodle into hours of fun? Let's see what we do when we give them nightmare skateboards."

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Darth123123 posted:

Neither did we. loving kids these days getting coddled. When we played scooter dodgeball you just powered through the excruciating pain of mashing your finger between the hardwood floor and hard plastic wheel under your body weight and dealt with it!

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

mind the walrus posted:

What was even the purpose of these?

To teach children that life is pain.

They're still sold in the school supplies catalogs (as are parachutes) but it's rare that a school is allowed by their overlords, the insurance providers, to actually buy them anymore.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Elukka posted:

We had giant multicolored mystery parachute funtime in Finland too

It's probably the only thing America's successfully copied from the Finnish educational system.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
remember that one time all those kids were smoking weed under the parachute then the campus cop came then all the high kids ran away good times

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Arkanomen posted:

Parachute owned.

We would have "free play" once a week in the gym where you could take whatever small items out of the storage that you wanted to play with - basketballs, footballs, dodgeballs, jump ropes, and these things mainly
One day we figured out that if you get all your friends on these and have a chain of jump ropes tethering each other and you had one person at the front pulling everyone you could maneuver a massive whiplash reaction that sent the last person in the chain zooming across the gym at dangerous speeds.
After that day, jump ropes would forever be banned from free play, but also because nobody used jump ropes for actually playing jump rope either (lol if you did)

e: After jump ropes were banned another thing we would do is empty the giant trash buckets that were used to hold basketballs and stick them on top of 4 of these and push people around in them but that wasn't as fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
battleball motherfuckers

• Locked thread