Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Seventh Arrow posted:

Having now played through the Divinity series, I think I would rank them thus:

1. Divinity Original Sin 2
2. Divinity Original Sin 1
3. Divine Divinity
4. Divinity 2: Ego Draconis

OS 1 and 2 are, I think, pretty level but OS 2 had enough improvements over 1 to make itself the better game. I think I liked the setting of OS 1 better, though - but the gameplay of OS 2 won out. The games being spread out over 1000+ years makes it interesting with regards to which characters can reappear or not. Divine Divinity still has a janky kind of charm to it, despite (or maybe because of) its age. The story is fun and gives a hint of the whimsical charm that Larian would develop. Divinity 2 was pretty blah. The tower that you overtake and use as your base of operations was kind of neat, and reading minds was a good twist but other than that it was pretty generic. I didn't play Beyond Divinity because it was just more DD and I was kind of DD'ed out. I missed out on Dragon Commander because...I'm not sure. I guess I never really noticed it, maybe it never went on sale or something. I guess I may pick up later if it's worth it but the reviews seem somewhat mixed.

I would agree with this sentiment, I'd only switch Divinity 2 and Divine Divinity around because I burned out on the gameplay of the latter earlier and I felt D2 had more memorable scenes. You did well in avoiding Beyond Divinity because it is a pretty bad game, even if it establishes the plot between DD and D2. Dragon Commander has interesting bits, but the actual gameplay is poor enough that it is better to watch a LP than to play it.

It's a shame Logic Artists abandoned Divinity: Fallen Heroes, I was very hype for that. Hope Larian does finish the game after Baldur's Gate 3 is released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

revtoiletduck posted:

I am constantly mis-clicking in DOS1 combat and can't really figure out how to keep it from happening. I just game over'd because my pyro wandered over to hug 4 oil-soaked monsters instead of launching a fireball at them as I instructed.

Is this a common issue or am I just a gently caress up?

If you're playing on PC, I think you can use the B key to go into tactical view. And yes, it's such a common problem that they added a tactical view.

ZearothK posted:

I would agree with this sentiment, I'd only switch Divinity 2 and Divine Divinity around because I burned out on the gameplay of the latter earlier and I felt D2 had more memorable scenes. You did well in avoiding Beyond Divinity because it is a pretty bad game, even if it establishes the plot between DD and D2. Dragon Commander has interesting bits, but the actual gameplay is poor enough that it is better to watch a LP than to play it.

It's a shame Logic Artists abandoned Divinity: Fallen Heroes, I was very hype for that. Hope Larian does finish the game after Baldur's Gate 3 is released.

Yeah watching an LP of Dragon Commander sounds like a good idea. I was mostly interested in the lore - since it I guess takes place 1000 years before DOS 1 but I've heard that most of the gameplay is pretty underwhelming. I'm really curious as to whether they do another OS type of game. Almost every game in the Divinity series has been a different genre. Maybe the next one will be a Tower Defense CYOA FPS with cards.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga is one of my fondest gaming memories that I will never replay.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

revtoiletduck posted:

I am constantly mis-clicking in DOS1 combat and can't really figure out how to keep it from happening. I just game over'd because my pyro wandered over to hug 4 oil-soaked monsters instead of launching a fireball at them as I instructed.

Is this a common issue or am I just a gently caress up?

I did it more than I’d like to admit in my playthrough. It felt like it was just me and my mouse being super sensitive but I don’t know for sure.

Edit: also, played Beyond Divinity to completion last year and thought it was fantastic. Voice acting was nuts, but the actual characters and storyline and environments I thoroughly enjoyed.

ChappedRaptor
Jan 14, 2022
Can anyone recommend a resource that has the mission's and location's recommended party levels? I got to the fire slugs in the fort joy cave and got my rear end kicked. The party is level 3 but each slug is level 3 and there are 4 or 5 of them. The combat is great but it's kind of hard figuring out if my party is ready to take certain missions.

Autsj
Nov 9, 2011
https://divinityoriginalsin2.vidyawiki.com/Areas%20by%20Level

The quest list (under the walkthrough tab) also have recommended levels for most of the quests. Neither would probably help you too much in this particular case though as though you're doing good by checking the levels the fireslugs are a bit of a specialized encounter and at level 3 you are likely to be under equipped/under skilled for your level. You'll slowly stabilize as you catch up on your gear/skills for your level , quicksave a lot until that time and look for alternatives both in other quests or within the current one. For example, you never need to fight the Fire Slugs, you can talk your way through with Pet Pal, the route is also optional with multiple alternative routes to escape the fort.

Edit: the wiki overall does look a little out of date, I never used it but it was the only leveled map I could find.

Autsj fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jan 24, 2022

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Seventh Arrow posted:

3. Divine Divinity

OS 1 and 2 are, I think, pretty level but OS 2 had enough improvements over 1 to make itself the better game. I think I liked the setting of OS 1 better, though - but the gameplay of OS 2 won out. The games being spread out over 1000+ years makes it interesting with regards to which characters can reappear or not. Divine Divinity still has a janky kind of charm to it, despite (or maybe because of) its age. The story is fun and gives a hint of the whimsical charm that Larian would develop. Divinity 2 was pretty blah. The tower that you overtake and use as your base of operations was kind of neat, and reading minds was a good twist but other than that it was pretty generic. I didn't play Beyond Divinity because it was just more DD and I was kind of DD'ed out. I missed out on Dragon Commander because...I'm not sure. I guess I never really noticed it, maybe it never went on sale or something. I guess I may pick up later if it's worth it but the reviews seem somewhat mixed.

Dragon Commander was awesome at the start but got overwhemling as you go from the tutorial isle to the mainland. I read up and you can go in some pretty crazy directions like full skeleton communism or marry the fascist lizard Empress, and various permutations thereof.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

ChappedRaptor posted:

Can anyone recommend a resource that has the mission's and location's recommended party levels? I got to the fire slugs in the fort joy cave and got my rear end kicked. The party is level 3 but each slug is level 3 and there are 4 or 5 of them. The combat is great but it's kind of hard figuring out if my party is ready to take certain missions.

The first 4 levels are pretty rough. You don't have lot of skills, your equipment is garbage, and you don't have many resources either. The Fire Slugs are pretty binary, if you have the teleport gloves and a person who has a point or two of hydrosophist you can beat them at lvl3, alternatively a pure summoner I think can get summoning to lvl10 at that point, but otherwise just wait until lvl4/5 and come back and face roll them.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

pentyne posted:

Dragon Commander was awesome at the start but got overwhemling as you go from the tutorial isle to the mainland. I read up and you can go in some pretty crazy directions like full skeleton communism or marry the fascist lizard Empress, and various permutations thereof.

Yeah it's definitely an experimental game that didn't fully pay off, but the CYOA side is really cool and I'd say it's worth a play for that alone. The tactical gameplay is fine and there's fun to be had in zooming around an RTS battlefield as a dragon.

I remember it was a bonus for one of the kickstarter tiers for OS1 and I was actually more excited for DC because it sounded so weird and interesting lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

ChappedRaptor posted:

Act 1 is incredibly brutal for no real reason, I gave up so many times just trying to get past it. Once you do the game opens up and becomes way more fun. Also if you have someone with the pet pal perk, you can just avoid the fight alltogether.

If it's your first playthrough i'd recommend save scumming, and abusing the heck out of the pickpocketing mechanic. Just so you have way more resources to work with.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

AnimeIsTrash posted:

If it's your first playthrough i'd recommend save scumming, and abusing the heck out of the pickpocketing mechanic. Just so you have way more resources to work with.

Always do this unless you are playing honor mode (don't play honor mode). Pick Pocket is one of the best skills you can get and quite possibly learning how to abuse pick-pocket is one of the keys to winning the game. Understandng how to abuse the turn order and get the most out of the action-economy are the other ways.

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Always do this unless you are playing honor mode (don't play honor mode). Pick Pocket is one of the best skills you can get and quite possibly learning how to abuse pick-pocket is one of the keys to winning the game. Understandng how to abuse the turn order and get the most out of the action-economy are the other ways.

How do you abuse the turn order? Also Fort Joy is somewhere between KOTOR 2 tutorial station in dumbness and war and peace in tediousness.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Valtonen posted:

How do you abuse the turn order? Also Fort Joy is somewhere between KOTOR 2 tutorial station in dumbness and war and peace in tediousness.

War and Peace is not tedious!! It's just long!!!

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Valtonen posted:

There is some subtlety, but if you are invisible with chameleon skin or a potion or whatever, it basically comes down to delaying the turn before you are going to reveal yourself. If you do it correctly you will come out of stealth, kill the person that is supposed to go before you (if one exists), then since you broke stealth at the end of the turn, it's now a new round and you get to go again. A double move. The same concept applies if you are sneaking, and not in combat yet, you want to time it so when you come out of hiding even if you can't kill someone on your first turn alpha strike, you will be coming out of sneak getting a "free" (as in AP cost) attack off, then you will get to play your turn with full AP. If you timed it properly, you will get another turn directly after. For even more abuse, with that free turn directly afterward you can have fane cast time warp too, but that's a bit more complicated to pull off.

In the final battle you can actually abuse this with skin graft as well so that you can cast 2 Pyroclastic Explosions in a row with just an invisibility potion. (Or for maximum cheese just craft pyroclastic eruption scrolls and drink the -1ap cost tea and just read them all.)

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Hey I started playing this, its great, and then I got to the boss at the cave in the blackpits. Having a story boss that you can't beat unless you know literally everything that is going to happen during the fight kinda sucks and ruined my playthrough. There should be some indication you need to be level 15, nothing else in that cave is above 13! Its pretty poor design to have fights you can't do going in blind

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Seventh Arrow posted:

3. Divine Divinity

Dragon Knight Saga (The first reworked Ego Draconis) still holds a special place in my heart but I will never replay it.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

A Moose posted:

Hey I started playing this, its great, and then I got to the boss at the cave in the blackpits. Having a story boss that you can't beat unless you know literally everything that is going to happen during the fight kinda sucks and ruined my playthrough. There should be some indication you need to be level 15, nothing else in that cave is above 13! Its pretty poor design to have fights you can't do going in blind

You can do that fight at lvl 12. You can stop him transforming as long as you kill him first and/or teleport the bodies away from him. You may not be able to do the fight flawlessly the first time you try it, but you don't have to be lvl 15.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

A Moose posted:

I'm surprised this is the first time you've had that happen tbh, the game is pretty bad about springing overlevelled fights on you without warning.

I like being able to fight them if I want but they're not brilliantly signposted sometimes and I feel like level matters a bit more than I like - I generally detest level systems that apply invisible modifiers that make you do much more/less damage depending on your level without relying on other stats, and Larian is unfortunately one of the big culprits of that.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

A Moose posted:

I am not a fan of level scalling (and have modded it to be dramatically reduced on replays), but you can punch way above your level in this game with the right bullshit. It was one of the things that made me a fan of this series in D:OS1 when I wandered into an area I was not supposed to be and somehow made it.

Personally, I didn't have much trouble with the Blackpit encounters, maybe I was better tuned to tackle the Eternal Aetera, but the Scarecrow and I'LL KILL YOUR LIVING LIGHTS positively kicked my rear end in act 2 in a way nothing else in the game did.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I'm surprised this is the first time you've had that happen tbh, the game is pretty bad about springing overlevelled fights on you without warning.

I like being able to fight them if I want but they're not brilliantly signposted sometimes and I feel like level matters a bit more than I like - I generally detest level systems that apply invisible modifiers that make you do much more/less damage depending on your level without relying on other stats, and Larian is unfortunately one of the big culprits of that.

Higher level gives you better visible stats such as damage and armor amount, there is no invisible malus for fighting higher leveled guys. If you use a higher leveled weapon, you have a to-hit malus, but that almost never happens, and it is not an "invisible modifier."

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Higher level gives you better visible stats such as damage and armor amount, there is no invisible malus for fighting higher leveled guys. If you use a higher leveled weapon, you have a to-hit malus, but that almost never happens, and it is not an "invisible modifier."
Ah, that's not as bad as I remember - been a few years since I played, should have double checked. I remember the difference was more extreme than I liked but at least it doesn't commit that particular cardinal sin!

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

The stat scaling is pretty severe, though, and leveling up and getting new gear is a pretty substantial power boost.

Autsj
Nov 9, 2011
Yeah, technically speaking the game doesn't "hide" the stats were damage comes from, but it goes through several steps of multiplication and those multiplications are both fully obfuscated and ridiculously significant. A player that knows how it works can hit well above their level, but for a new player there might as well be a hidden malus fighting higher level opponents- the effect is pretty much the same.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Ah, that's not as bad as I remember - been a few years since I played, should have double checked. I remember the difference was more extreme than I liked but at least it doesn't commit that particular cardinal sin!

you might be thinking of os1 where you get a +10% bonus/penalty to hit chance for every level above or below your enemy

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

cuntman.net posted:

you might be thinking of os1 where you get a +10% bonus/penalty to hit chance for every level above or below your enemy

Yeah probably a combination of this and what Autsj said

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

The higher level weapon penalty is absolute bullshit though. It us super-rare to come by, and as such it uisabsolutely atrocious trying to figure out exactly why your to-hit is suddenly like 30%

Overall the interface is super unintuitive when it comes to figuring out What buffs/debuffs are going on exactly and How significant they are in reality.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

You can do that fight at lvl 12. You can stop him transforming as long as you kill him first and/or teleport the bodies away from him. You may not be able to do the fight flawlessly the first time you try it, but you don't have to be lvl 15.

I think that's Mordus you're thinking of, I didn't have a problem with that and I even let him transform. I just snuck my guys over to the treasure chest and had my melee guy camp the climbable wall and used teleport to keep him away while I picked off the little guys.

ZearothK posted:

I am not a fan of level scalling (and have modded it to be dramatically reduced on replays), but you can punch way above your level in this game with the right bullshit. It was one of the things that made me a fan of this series in D:OS1 when I wandered into an area I was not supposed to be and somehow made it.

Personally, I didn't have much trouble with the Blackpit encounters, maybe I was better tuned to tackle the Eternal Aetera, but the Scarecrow and I'LL KILL YOUR LIVING LIGHTS positively kicked my rear end in act 2 in a way nothing else in the game did.

The scarecrow fight took me a few tries, but I just burned down the big one first by starting the fight with Onslaught. I also did the Abomination fight underlevled. I just spread my guys out, aggro'd him with my tanky melee guy, and as long as he didn't 1-shot my air/water Lohse on turn 1, I could chain stun/freeze/knock down/sleep/charm everything. I didn't bother with the witch because I looked it up on the wiki and it basically says "don't bother" outside of using some HP swap cheese

Eternal Aetera is killing me though, no amount of strategy can make up for "not having enough stats" I guess. I've started this fight like 20 times, and the only time she doesn't summon 2 wolves on top of Lohse, instantly killing her, are when I had my whole party clumped around the sarcophagus, but then all my guys just get AoE'd to death when she opens with rain + hailstorm + chain lightning

I feel like you have to burn her down fast, since she gives you a couple turns where all she does is steal source, and I should be dumping all my source points before then, but she just has SO MANY NUMBERS. Her damage is insane, her armor and HP are both crazy, and the wolves hit like trucks. I also can't use chain lighting because it apparently hits friendly targets too. I found this out by using it after her rain/hail/lightning combo and finished off my own melee guy.

My Ifan does a ton of damage with his crossbow and the vulture set, but he got chain-cc'd into oblivion.

My Fane was pyro/geo, but I swapped him to not gently caress with my rain/ice stuff so I made him a summoner and gave him more earth/poison spells to help break magic armor but it seems like everything is immune to either poison or earth and none of those spells do very good damage. Anyway, its largely irrelevant because he never gets a turn.

I looked up strategies, and most of the people who left comments were just like "idk have you tried winning?" or some bs about stacking 30 oil barrels before the fight starts.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

A strategy on Aetera I've seen is to approach her with a single character while the rest of the party hangs by the stairs. As soon as it begins you use a teleporter pyramid and then spend the time it takes for her and her pets to haul rear end to you setting up the terrain and casting buffs.

The right way to do Alice, I later learned, is to use Bless to turn off most of her kit. The funniest way is to start a conversation with her and then teleport her to Jahan, who will promptly one shot her.

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
I beat Aetera by having all my characters except the initiator on the high ground, and my fastest character had a teleport scroll to get the starter up to them. When you're up there, you can ignore the lower adds and burn her fast. It's a very swingy fight, though.

"Find high ground nearby, plant 3 characters there, have your high-init char start the fight, then port/jump to safety" is excellent advice for nearly every fight. Better if you can skip the talking and just chuck a grenade at them. (You're going to kill them; who cares about the conversation.)

Cobalt-60 fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Feb 11, 2022

Autsj
Nov 9, 2011

A Moose posted:

Eternal Aetera is killing me though, no amount of strategy can make up for "not having enough stats" I guess. I've started this fight like 20 times, and the only time she doesn't summon 2 wolves on top of Lohse, instantly killing her, are when I had my whole party clumped around the sarcophagus, but then all my guys just get AoE'd to death when she opens with rain + hailstorm + chain lightning

I feel like you have to burn her down fast, since she gives you a couple turns where all she does is steal source, and I should be dumping all my source points before then, but she just has SO MANY NUMBERS. Her damage is insane, her armor and HP are both crazy, and the wolves hit like trucks. I also can't use chain lighting because it apparently hits friendly targets too. I found this out by using it after her rain/hail/lightning combo and finished off my own melee guy.

My Ifan does a ton of damage with his crossbow and the vulture set, but he got chain-cc'd into oblivion.

My Fane was pyro/geo, but I swapped him to not gently caress with my rain/ice stuff so I made him a summoner and gave him more earth/poison spells to help break magic armor but it seems like everything is immune to either poison or earth and none of those spells do very good damage. Anyway, its largely irrelevant because he never gets a turn.

I looked up strategies, and most of the people who left comments were just like "idk have you tried winning?" or some bs about stacking 30 oil barrels before the fight starts.

So all conversations, even those that start with a fight end with the "1.(end)" bit- that's your cue to switch to other party members and reposition them so that you're spaced out with good positions. Any party member not directly talking can just move around, prep terrain, buff*, what you want. There's a couple of spots in the game where crossing an invisible barrier immediately starts the fight but otherwise you can and should do this consistently.

For the Aetera fight: iirc the dogs have a tiny amount of magic armour, enough to nuke through with a single AoE, then toss a charm grenade on top and watch them kill Aetera for you. (Use netherswap/teleport to put them together). If you don't have a charm grenade, drop a pyramid, warp to town, there's a craftsman in the undertavern, buy some perfume bottles (heart shaped ones). Then either combine them with pixy dust or head into the forest and combine them with a beehive. Pyramid back and troll Aetera.

*Buffs cast on the character locked in dialogue never time out either, though that's maybe a bit of an exploit.

Autsj fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Feb 11, 2022

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i dont know how good the elemental resistance potions are at that point but if you can get some potions to resist cold and electricity that should help a bit

one dumb thing i did that worked a lot better than it should have was to group my party together and toss a smoke grenade on top so she could only hit me with the edge of the big ice spell and only ended up hitting one person with it

cuntman.net fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Feb 11, 2022

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Autsj posted:

So all conversations, even those that start with a fight end with the "1.(end)" bit- that's your cue to switch to other party members and reposition them so that you're spaced out with good positions. Any party member not directly talking can just move around, prep terrain, buff*, what you want. There's a couple of spots in the game where crossing an invisible barrier immediately starts the fight but otherwise you can and should do this consistently.

For the Aetera fight: iirc the dogs have a tiny amount of magic armour, enough to nuke through with a single AoE, then toss a charm grenade on top and watch them kill Aetera for you. (Use netherswap/teleport to put them together). If you don't have a charm grenade, drop a pyramid, warp to town, there's a craftsman in the undertavern, buy some perfume bottles (heart shaped ones). Then either combine them with pixy dust or head into the forest and combine them with a beehive. Pyramid back and troll Aetera.

*Buffs cast on the character locked in dialogue never time out either, though that's maybe a bit of an exploit.

Yeah, charm grenade (or maybe arrows) were how my buddy and I finally cracked this one. Definitely one of the biggest obstacles in our run.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Autsj posted:

Oh weird, I didn't know about buffs not timing out, because summons definitely do so I never thought to try that. Going into the fight with some bonus magic armor might help. Really the biggest obstacle is surviving the first turn. She summons 2 dogs on the squishiest person, and then they each do 3 ~200 damage hits so a lot of attempts end with my big magic AoE user dying on turn 0.

I might have to go find a bunch of stuff to kill to try to hit 14 too. There's a serious lack of level 13 stuff to do. I found the island in the north, but noped the gently caress out when I saw what level the black ring cultists were. I ran away from the magisters south of the blackpits when i saw they were like 16 too. I wanted to fight one of the bridge trolls, but the one I wanted to kill is 18. I tried doing the 4-seaon shrine by the mill but those guys are 14 and have elemental immunities. The sawmill guys are all level 14 too. I think I've done every quest that starts in Driftwood by now.

I did the blackpits ooze fight, which only took me 2 tries. I'm not sure if I was supposed to do it, but I just put my team up on the top platform, used my Incarnate + Red Prince to try to keep them occupied down below, teleported oozes that jumped up when I could, and blessed the floor a bunch of times to clear the cursed floor effects. Weirdly, the first attempt was going well, a bunch of magisters got aggro'd by the oozes and did a lot of fighting for me, but I forgot to pay attention to the NPC's health and he died so I restarted. The second time those Magisters didn't aggro and I had to take on all the oozes myself, but that also meant they were more grouped up.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Yeah that sounds like how the blackpits fight goes lol

If I remember correctly there's a bunch of stuff you can do on the island for decent XP without getting into any serious fights. You should definitely be able to take most level 14 enemies at level 13 though. Remember respecs are free, might be worth looking at where you're struggling and plugging some gaps.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
I'm fairly sure you should be able to clear the mercenarys at the sawmill. Been a while but I always did the saw mill before trying to cope with the black pits.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Yeah, pretty sure the mercs are an easier fight than Aetera.

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal
The mercs at the mill are also spread out so if you are careful you can do it in 2-3 fights instead of just one.

Autsj
Nov 9, 2011
The Lone Wolves at the mill are definitely doable at level 13 as long as you push your damage a bit and try and keep the fights small. The only real issue is that dwarf lady (what'shername) with the 2 handed axe, she will one-shot people she gets close to.

Smiling Knight posted:

Yeah, charm grenade (or maybe arrows) were how my buddy and I finally cracked this one. Definitely one of the biggest obstacles in our run.

Glad you got through it. Aetera is honestly probably one of the hardest fights in the game if you come in unprepared for her bullshit. My personal nemesis on my first playthrough was the Black Pits Voidling fight but I suspect more people would name Aetera.

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

You can cheese the mill by running around with the hostage, the AI focuses 100 on trying to just kill her which is annoying af.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I just watched my wife do the blackpits voidling fight, on a laptop, in 9 glorious frames per second. My favorite part was when she blessed her crossbow character, which turned all the fire to blessed fire and stopped the game for like 30 seconds, only to have an ooze curse it again a turn later, but since she was still on blessed fire, it converted the whole map back to blessed again