Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Since the Divinity Original Sin 1 thread is closed and I'd like to play through it, I'll ask here.

Are there any quick and dirty guides for the Do's and Don'ts of creating characters in this game?

edit: or links to super involved guides, whatever you like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
By the time you finalize a build for a given character, is there anything left to do?

Do monsters respawn? Is there any reason to keep on playing a single game perpetually or do you mostly find yourself completing quests, killing the main bad guy, then finishing the game in a pretty ordered fashion? In other words, is this game suited for elder scrolls style screwing around for long periods of time?

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
The only game that would have had a fun durability system is Skyrim, because for the vast majority of the game, you come across thousands of identical copies of your currently equipped weapon per minute. Repairing would just become some entirely optional RP thing you could do to coddle your personal metal short sword Excalibur and be a cool and tough viking who hits poo poo with hammers, or if you didn't care you could just toss it and start using any one of the other 5 identical swords in your inventory that have max durability. Rinse and repeat.

But that game didn't have weapon durability because Bethesda couldn't design a cohesive and well-thought-out and synergistic mechanical ecosystem if their lives depended on it.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
I have a question about the game's GM mode where you make custom campaigns.

I watched a feature video to try and get a feel for what's available, but one thing I didn't see was basic trigger functionality, as in [when player touches invisible wall X as placed by GM -> make Y happen].

Does that feature exist?

edit: I guess a better question would be... is the GM mode absolutely meant to be hosted by a human, or are you able use it to create your own custom campaigns you can play single player?

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Sep 19, 2017