Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Phlegmish posted:

I've played every game in the series other than Beyond Divinity and I'm still not sure about the timeline.
Is there an overview somewhere? Where does Divine Divinity come in?

Divine Divinity takes places 1200 years after Original Sin and 20 years before Beyond Divinity.

http://divinity.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline (it's a wikia, so expect ads galore)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin/posts/452503 found a better link

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Hackan Slash posted:

What should I be doing in the early game? I just hit level five and took out Arhu's lightning robot. Everywhere I go there's some level 7 ranged guys who just push my poo poo in. Going west of Cyseal to the beach it's orcs, and to the east in the ruined Villa it's the undead.

The cave with the robot has two exits. The second will lead to a level 5-6 area.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

While we're all dicking around waiting, can someone explain the physical armor / magic armor mechanic and how it interacts with CC?

If I build an all magic party would I still need physical damage?

AFAIK status effects are either physical or magical, and if the relevant armour is still up then the CC fails.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009
All of the rock-based earth spells do physical damage, and generally knock people over as well.

EDIT: Well, all of the ones I've seen. Dunno about any that might get added in the full release.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

NeurosisHead posted:

I'm getting a little sick of watching enemies use 6-8 AP worth of actions every single turn.

Yea, this is probably my biggest bugbear at the moment. I could deal with CC and damage if only they didn't poo poo out so much of it. But difficult fights turn into 5 minutes of watching enemy animations and then deciding who I let die first :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

enraged_camel posted:

So, did you guys kill the guy you find in Dallis's room? He was acting shady so I killed him... wondering the consequences though.

God no, he's a skillbook trader.