Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

quadrophrenic posted:

If you do mind buying early access, and hey man I'm not here to judge, the game will be out December this year.
Yeah, no, unfortunately it's definitely not going to be out December this year, that release date is over a year old. In all the recent interviews Swen's been saying it'll definitely slip into the next year and I remember seeing "later in 2017" bandied about too, so it could be anything from 2nd quarter of 2017 (if they take the same amount with EA as the first D:OS) to the end of 2017.

Buckwheat Sings posted:

God I hope it's a bit easier and they lay off with that ONE LEVEL HIGHER, YOU'RE hosed poo poo.
Just alpha impressions, but so far I did find it easier to beat higher level enemies than in the first game, at least two levels higher parties seem perfectly fine as long as you're liberally using all your consumables. Then again, since it's only EA I'm not sure if that's by design or just balance being a bit off as of yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Wizards live a long time. Like a REALLY long time. Zandalor and Arhu are in fact still alive about 50 years after D:OS 2 takes place.
Also, there's already one direct mention of him I came across in the alpha, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if you get to meet him later in the game.

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Zhulik posted:

Pet pal owns in this game, because every single animal you talk to either wants to die, doesn't want to die but will anyway, or it needs to have death explained to it and will then die. It's extremely disconcerting.

Some animals don't die, in which case their loved ones do instead. No animal escapes without getting horribly hosed up in some way.
Blatantly untrue. I don't recall anything horrible happening to the cat couple, and you need Pet Pal to bring them together in the first place. :colbert:

Apparently in D:OS II Pet Pal even lets you chat with dead animals!

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Caidin posted:

Oh, and you can just kinda wander into a quest result where the game strips pet pal off you, that was dick.
Wait what, can you elaborate? Don't mind spoilers, just don't wanna lose my Pet Pal as D:OS is just not right without it.

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

TyrantWD posted:

I seem to have hit an impasse with my group heading into the fight against Alexander and the void worm with no resurrection scrolls left, and no vendors selling them. We are also just a little bit short of hitting level 8, which isn't helping. Due to some earlier decisions it seems the only quests left are Alexander and the Witch who chained up Slane, but that fight is just as bad without resurrection scrolls.
How are you having trouble defeating the witch at level 7? Take her down first, and then concentrate on the bugs, you shouldn't even need tactical pre-positioning before the fight at that level.

Or are you playing tactician?

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Dongattack posted:

Thanks!

Unrelated, is there ever a skill or something that makes enemies more likely to attack my sword and shield dude? Except the skill that makes everyone else stink that is.

There's Provoke early in the Warfare skill tree, but it only works when the enemy has no physical armor left.

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Q8ee posted:

Ah right, cheers for the help.

Is anyone else having their music bug out? Mine will consistently play about 10 seconds worth, cut out, repeat from the start, cut out, and then go mute. I don't know why or how to fix it.

Also, I can't seem to teleport myself with Gloves of Teleportation. It keeps asking me to choose a target and when I mouse over myself, it says I'm an invalid target.

You can only teleport others with teleport spell.

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

VulgarandStupid posted:

I was under the impression that the 6 companions each have their own god and the custom character has the 7th.

I'm an undead human and my god was Amadia

Lohse gets her demon instead.

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

ChrisBTY posted:

I'd like to know this too but I can't imagine that anybody knows yet.
I just started another playthrough to play with Lucky Charm myself and this hit. I am disappointed.

Now I'm really wondering how people can properly outfit themselves without using the gold exploit.
Yes, I know thievery and that worked great in Act 1 but in Act 2 There are I think 9 people in the market square in driftwood, all the merchants face each other and most of them have their backs to a wall. Too many to distract. Leaving the guy on the ship and the merchants near paradise downs

There are plenty other merchants in Act 2 who are much easier to rob, such as the guys at Lone Wolves and Paladin camps. I think the second one is open for business as soon as you get to Act 2, and you can sneak up to the first one way below level too if you have enough persuasion.

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Dr. Abysmal posted:

That's not true, I purposely avoided attacking them and he ran off a mile away to eat a random corpse from the scenery.

Which fight are we talking about here again? I just did the entirety of Wrecker's Caves and can't remember anything like this, what did I miss?

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Mordus, the boss fight at the end of the cave. He can eat a corpse and turn into a giant voidwoken bug. You can kill him before he does it. I ended up leaving and started to go around the proper way since I had no context to what was happening having skipped the whole dungeon.

Huh, might've just missed the transformation then, as pretty sure the fight lasted longer than one-round. Ended up letting him go in exchange for 3rd source point.

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Dr. Abysmal posted:

You don't have to actually let him go to get the source point. Say you will and he'll give you the point, then there's an option that's like "did you really think I would let you go?" that murders him in-dialog.

But that would go against role-playing a character who keeps their promises!

Yes, I'm one of those that don't do murder-for-xp either, 'cause my immersion.

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Dr. Abysmal posted:

If you're talking about the area with the cursed lever, did you save Gareth from the room above you already? If you did, you can go to the sanctuary of Amadia and Leya (the PTSD lady) will remove the collars for you. Or do the arena fight, which you should be overleveled for now, and then speak to the blacksmith and she'll remove it for your main character. Getting back there is easy, just waypoint teleport there and then teleport back when you're done.
Or, speak to Leya while having Beast in your party and she'll remove collars for everyone as soon as you arrive, without having to find Gareth first.

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

theblackw0lf posted:

Having a hard time leveling from 12 to 13. Most of the quests I see available are 14 and above, with a spattering of 13. Can't see any left that are level 12.

What are the areas that have quests that are good for a level 12 character that I might be missing?

Did you do everything in Stonegarden, Driftwood and Wreckers' Cave/Mordus? Scarecrow field is also level 12, and if you have good enough persuasion you can sneak all over Lone Wolves/Bloodmoon Isle area for a good chunk of exploration xp plus quests that don't require fighting.

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Almira's is pretty sacrifice-free, and so is the one you get from Mordus, any ethical decisions on what you do with him after aside.

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Is Jahan essential, or is there another way to continue Lohse's quest in Act 2? Yes or no without further spoilers would be great. I went to Bloodmoon Island and made a deal with Advocate before meeting Jahan, and now Jahan wants me to kill him, going into fight mode if I refuse, so looks like at least someone's gonna end up dead if I wanna finish that quest.

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Mzbundifund posted:

I'm rolling with this exact build (dwarf, for the extra petrification move), but he never gets a chance to suck up oil because he's too busy locking the universe down with an endless series of infuriating CC. He has no intelligence, I just use the Geo for the sweet status effects. Geo has a lot of spells that don't care about his crappy intelligence. He's a really great character.

Same. My Beast is mainly geo/scoundrel with a couple points in warfare and necro for knockdown CCs and healing from damage dealt. Depending on the type of enemy he either throws poo poo around for earth damage and then absorbs oil for phys armour, or goes on a sawing/tendon rupturing spree and regenerates from resulting blood pools.

Related, I'm about to finish Act 2 and I still don't get the 'no mixed parties' advice. My party is mixed, but everyone dabbles enough to chip in with other type of damage if required, and it's worked just fine. Namely, I'm rolling with

Lohse - crossbow + polymorph + hydrosophist (mostly for healing)
Prince - warfare + pyro (p. even split between both by now)
Fane - summoner + other skills split between aero and necro depending if he needs to help out with phys or magical damage more
+ Beast as per above.

In the second half of the game there's much more flexibility to deal with enemy armour, like there's a great warfare skill where if you have more phys armour than the enemy, you can break all of his with one hit.

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Vegetable posted:

How do you sneak the dude out of the fishery? I haven't tried releasing him yet but I assume we'd have to pass one of the many sets of magisters.

He attaches himself to you as a follower, so just teleport the whole party to one of the waypoints.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

GrandpaPants posted:

Did you guys just not focus fire on Mordus the second he consumed the corpse and caused you to reload because wow was I not ready for that?

I focused on him immediately and he never got a chance to transform before the fight ended. Feels like I missed out :(