Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

quadrophrenic posted:

the game will be out December this year.

Where is this coming from? I heard it will take a bit more than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
In the Divinity universe most of the scientific progress came from Imps. But since their population has been drastically dwindled by demonic slavery, regular slavery, blood rituals, war, ethnic cleansing and an unhealthy obsession with explosives, a lot of this machinery fell into disrepair. No one is smart enough to understand it and most who try blow themselves up.
If literally everyone associates science with uncontrolled explosions and the only ones who actually like those are gone, it's really no surprise that everyone focused on magic instead.

This silly setting about Imps which build exploding robot roosters is surprisingly consistent.
I really like the Divinity world.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Sep 22, 2016

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I actually liked identifying stuff. I kinda like finding a powerful item without knowing what it is right away.

Repairing stuff seems like a time sink though. For example I also found it just pointless in the Witcher 3.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Hmm. Maybe they could remove the durability mechanic, but add a small experience bonus for opening a chest or a door with a key or a lockpick.
People may waste their time bashing a door with a sword, but they will lose that precious exp.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
If it actually works like Stabbey is describing, I do admit that it sounds weird. I have no problem with prerolling the battle RNGs. But if this suddenly means that the distance becomes completely irrelevant, its another thing.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

hangedman1984 posted:

Anyone when they'll be patching in the undead for the beta/early access? Or will they not be included until the official launch of the game?

The game will be released in two weeks, so I doubt there will be a lot of beta patches till then.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Vegetable posted:

I’m at the end of Act 2 and also feel overlevelled from doing every quest possible. I’ve basically decided to use more inventive skills than the more effective ones to keep this game fun. It’s a testament to the game’s flexible combat system, but I’d rather they scale levels properly in the first place.

If you're doing every side mission, you are supposed to be overleveled. It would kinda suck if side missions would basically be mandatory.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I pretty much enjoyed *nothing* of the Consulate stuff, but now that I'm done with it, I'm enjoying act IV quite a lot again. It's still not as good as the rest of the game, but it's pretty good.

The only part I liked about it was that the developers allowed you to be a smart rear end who could steal the ring before she wants to hand it to you. She basically says "Screw you this is my dream, I give you my stuff when I feel like it."

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Inverness posted:

It's not game-breaking, but it annoys the piss out of me. Though, as I mentioned before, I 'fixed' the problem with a cheat.

Also the dialogue with the elven God said it would take my vitality, not my constitution stat. That's just deceptive.

That warning seems perfectly fine for me. Did you expect that it would take a bit of your health so that you'd have to use a sleeping mat for a second?
Constitution, health and vitality are used as synonyms in this game.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Santa Claus is a lizard person. :tinfoil:

VVVV :thejoke:

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Dec 25, 2017

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Reik posted:

The traders in driftwood have no physical armor so you can hit them with chicken claw and for some reason it doesn't trigger any negative consequences, but they run away in chicken form to places where it's much easier to steal from them.

That's clearly unintended. But I have no problem with cheesing stuff at all.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Hey guys, what are your favorite alternate ways to solve/cheese/fail quests in this game? I really love it when developers put stuff into a game which only a weird subset of people would see.
My favorite was how the guy who wanted Lohar's head reacted, when I casually mentioned that I ate it.
Also it is possible to steal the lizard wedding ring from Sadha before she wants to hand it over. At that point she basically says that we may have already took it, but that this is her realm, so she gets to decide when that happens. So she steals it back, just to return it to you.
Another fun thing was the fact that the machine golems in Act 3 instantly die if you steal their power core. So you could completely cheese that arena fight.

On the other hand, there was one quest where the scripting really kinda broke. You can steal the purging wand from that blood rose black ring witch and free the dragon without killing her (or even speaking to her.) The game is completely certain that you must have killed her and everything progresses like you did. If you later go talk to the witch, the game thinks that the dragon is still locked up. I was sort of disappointed when that happened.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

double nine posted:

yeah, the cursed fire surfaces need to disappear somehow. Note: blessing the cursed fire is insufficient, it needs to be removed. Either use tornado or bless + rain from a distance. I suggest tornado.

While that might be right, once you bless the necrofire, the resulting regular fire is on a timeout, so it will go away on its own.
But it's really not worth doing it like that, because there's a huge amount of little necrofire spots around. Ironically, one of the easiest ways to get rid of the fire is to start a giant fire which connects all the necrofire, so that you can clear it with one blessing.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

It was patched this way a few weeks after the release.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Phlegmish posted:

Nope, happened in my game as well. I still have no explanation

Yeah, that story arc felt weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

AriadneThread posted:

cat ears aren't made of bone!!!!!

It's a pre-established look for skeleton cats, though.
There was one on the ship.