Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

You could always go back through and kill all the npcs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

What skill trees got voted in anyway? I think I recall polymorph being one of them. You could probably make an argument for that one being based on str, I dunno

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

I meant that it should be based on str

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Can't they just make it so you need to pass a strength check to break things open like every other game?

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i still have no idea what the problem is

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

I didn't think the writing was particularly good either but it was enough to keep me going through the game. It was a good enough excuse for me to go to the next place and kill a bunch of things, in other words.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

The thing with levels is that you get a bonus/penalty to accuracy when you're a higher/lower level than your opponent. It's not tied to stats or abilities, just level. It's probably not the only reason just one level makes such a difference but it stands out because it's so pointless.

Also it applies the other way around too. If you go to a higher level area first and beat everyone there, you'll be overleveled when you go back to the lower level area and it'll be mind numbingly easy.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

also this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMHqguB7ihE

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Caidin posted:

So, what does poison resistance do in the context of an undead character? Buffing your poison/health conversion or maybe just flipping it and becoming healing damage Resistance.

The way healing from damage works for everything else is by setting their resistance above 100% so probably the first one

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

im playing through the first game. is there any point to the universal controller for arhus giant robot? the command for shutting down its weapons doesnt seem to stop it from doing anything and the other commands seem useless

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Filthy Monkey posted:

The controller seemed hosed on my playthrough too. I pretty much followed this suggestion.

oh im not having trouble with the fight i just want to know wtf is with the controller

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Section Z posted:

"They can silence us, which means we can't rely on spells! So we'll have to be creative, by using spells!"

:raise:

I mean, those are nice examples of regular abilities and spells. But it does come across as fairly odd pitch for thinking outside the box. "We're gonna need to be creative! So watch this Rogue use five abilities then still gently caress up their backstab against a caster with a bared midriff, while our wizard teleports plate armored people into lava. Like usual"

Still, I will be finally remembering to grab this soon if waiting for launch to actually play.

:goonsay:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Filthy Monkey posted:

Play dead does look pretty useful. I am betting people will find some encounter exploits using that skill.

My plan is just use four of the named characters with no customs though. Probably Red Prince, Fane, Sebelle, and Beast. I figure the more NPC quests and dialogue, the better.

People have apparently mined out all of the skill icons and memory costs. I recognize many of the icons from DoS1, but some are definitely new.
https://imgur.com/a/Iq9aU

Looks like deadly spores is back. Always enjoyed that one in DoS1. Came before the tier 5 skills, but if you could land it on fire it would do serious damage with all of the exploding.

I am torn as to whether or not I am going to have a summon focused character. They seemed a little disappointing in the alpha. I liked summons a lot in the original DoS1 though. My geomancer spiderbro did a lot of work right from the get go.

whats with the diamond in the corner of some of them

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

they talked about that in some of the more recent previews too so probably

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Jastiger posted:

I found melee rogues to be tough to do, but when you did it well, holy poo poo, nothing could match up. Double backstab with the crit modifier was crazy.

The downside was that sneak was useless and you dropped super quick if targeted. A fair trade off, but required more tactical prep.

Archers were god though, that spam arrow abilit with someome real close in the way was op.

sneak was good before the ea because at level 5 it only cost 1 ap to do and theres a talent that doubles your damage when while stealthed

the build i had the most fun with was a sword and shield fighter with fire magic. the gimmick was to boost fire resistance as high as possible and cast explode over and over. that probably also isnt possible anymore

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i had a companion talk to someone then pickpocketed them while they were distracted. then i hid the item in a box and came back for it later. it was really easy. what are you melting down about

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

:thunk:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

SirSamVimes posted:

So I just got to the Magister/Oil Voidlings/Fire Voidlings fight. Is this poo poo even possible? The first two waves of voidlings were doable but rough, but jesus christ a third which heals off all the fire that had been sprayed everywhere? gently caress.

the real enemy in that fight is the massive slowdown

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Supreme Allah posted:

Just past this and couldn't figure it out. Thought I could lure the rat with dropped food but it stays in its area.

teleport him

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

if youre having trouble with your companions attitude score you can dismiss them then trade with them and give them a bunch of free stuff

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

disputable

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i have gained immortality by feeding people to a giant spider

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

SirSamVimes posted:

did you just hire twenty mercenaries

i found out theres a maximum of 14

Gamerofthegame posted:

how do you even get more then one person to do that

if it's arena winner only, anyway (in mp)

you can get one if you pick the last option in the vision when talking to the werespider

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Mr E posted:

I'm about to start over after messing around a bit in Fort Joy for my actual playthrough. I'm planning on going Sebille as a Rogue, focusing on backstabs. I've heard Stealth isn't actually worth it. Should I put points into polymorph for invisibility? Any particular classes I should make my party members? Planning on at least having Lohse as a summoner.

for a summoner you should put a few points into necromancy for the bloated corpse and bone widow. incarnates and totems are really underwhelming. the incarnate champion seems pretty good but its a long way away

the bloated corpse does work with supercharge in case anyone wanted to ask

double nine posted:

so I'm level 9 and I'm in driftwood, but all the enemies I'm encountering (the fish guttery basement, the wilderness) is level 11 or 12. Have I skipped some part of progress? Where do I go that's level-appropriate?

you should be able to get to level 11 before leaving driftwood. the bridgekeeper and chicken quests to the east are lower level and the quests inside it have no combat or pretty easy combat, especially if you use the herbmixes. also make sure to sleep with the lizard

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I'm playing as a custom male elf character and one thing I don't like is that the armor for elves is absolutely terrible. I made the guy a thieving cutthroat and I wish I could have him in regular clothes instead of leaves and poo poo.

theyre actually the best, if youre playing as an undead

also beast is great because if you talk to the dwarf bard in act 1 he sings a song making fun of him and it owns

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Freaking Crumbum posted:

combat is still tedious even with a group that's all focused around melee damage.

combat is tedious also i deliberately made my party as samey as possible

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Freaking Crumbum posted:

pretend i wrote "physical" instead of "melee" because there's multiple ways of dealing physical damage, some of which aren't even swords. the point is, even specialized to focus on one type of damage, combat is still too slow to be engaging.

ok so you only cut yourself off from half the content instead of 3/4ths

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Skyl3lazer posted:

So have people figured out any of the augmentation crafting like existed in OS1? Like, Ruby + Dust + Weapon used to add fire damage to it, etc, but that doesn't seem to work anymore. I can't even figure out how to make a Lucky Rabbit's Foot.

you can combine poison barrels or eternal artifacts with weapons to add poison damage or air damage respectively but i think thats it

also you can still put nails through your shoes

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

double nine posted:

Does anyone else have a visual bug where hovering over equipment in inventory makes the displayed information blinks/refreshes every second or so?

yeah

they mentioned theyre going to fix it in the next patch which is sometime this week

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

you can just shoot them with a bow before the fight starts

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

hmm theres probably something useful i could say but instead i'll go with :cawg: because what did you expect when you went all melee

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Supreme Allah posted:

I'm at the part in 2nd act where the party gets split up in a cave. I have the pyramids so I can gather everyone together but I'm finding I just get slaughtered no matter what. I'm level 10, enemies seem to start at 11. Am I doing this part too early?

At the moment I've fled back to town, wondering if worth trying again or grind a bit first.

make sure youre keeping youre equipment updated. you can get away with using whatever you can scrounge up in act 1 but after that you'll need to get stuff from merchants. dont worry about trying to buy the very best gear. a common piece of armor at your level is better than a legendary piece 5 levels lower

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i knew that reactive shot was going to be nerfed but i wish they raised the cooldown for it instead

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

is there any way to respec your party members without it messing up their portraits

Vargs posted:

I was one-shotting groups of enemies with it on tactical. It could be a once-per-encounter skill and it still would've still been broken as hell.

they could always lower the damage then. its kinda hard to justify using it when it doesnt even trigger half the time

Jimbot posted:

Question about the endings, spoilers obviously:

I was also disappointed that Larian seems to side with Lucian with his genocide to save people since you are never able to call him out and all his talk of sacrifice without actually sacrificing anything, when he has everything to lose. Oh no, he loses his source except he's still a living god in the world, what ever shall he do.

im pretty sure hes full of poo poo about sacrificing his source too because how does he expect to do that without becoming a silent monk

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

combine a blank sheet of paper with a high quality/alien life essence and a arthropod leg to make a spider legs scroll. then immobilize them with webs and nuke them from a distance

not entirely sure how well this will work but i know that all of their strongest attacks are melee

by the way, since you apparently didnt tell the paladins what the magisters were doing, do the paladins still kill all the magisters and take over the city

Kharmakazy posted:

Vendors who sell crafting ingredients seem to be few and far between.. even though crafting is gimped. Does anyone sell any substantial amount of mats in driftwood?

theres the dwarf at the paladin checkpoint

cuntman.net fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Oct 27, 2017

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

90s Shoes posted:

In general, is physical armor or magical armor better across the whole of the game?

I'm pretty early in (having just finished the vault of braccus) but so far there's been maybe one encounter where physical armor seemed better, and several where all of my characters' magical armor got pretty dusted.

youre probably right about magic armor

it protects you from annoying things like curse and drain that the ai loves using and also some rarer but incredibly crippling effects like charm and fear. it also protects you from damaging terrain, particularly necrofire. also theres a lot of tough bosses that like to toss ridiculous magic nukes at you before you can even do anything but there arent really any physical equivalents that come to mind

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Jose posted:

I assume i want to make the swornbreaker fairly near the end of the game?

you can get another one later on

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

poe meater posted:

I think I broke my game or something. Is kniles supposed to be hostile? He was cool after giving him the leg and I can walk out the sewer grate with no problem. I think the argument between the paladin and magister is supposed to be triggering a fight but they seem to ignore me and I cant talk to him. I can directly attack them though to start a fight. I can also walk around the outer area between fort with no problems either (behind the locked front gate) and loot their nails and stuff.

did you actually go through the grate

all the magisters become hostile after you leave fort joy

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

the real problem with necrofire is that it ruins the framerate

BJPaskoff posted:

Unrelated question about summons - I noticed that some summons cancel out others, like I can't have the same character summon an Incarnate Champion and a Bone Widow at the same time. Are there summons that don't cancel out like that? I know I can have an Incarnate and as many Totems as I want.

its just 1 summon at a time per character and totems dont count

Taear posted:

He runs back up into it unfortunately and I don't have any source points! I guess I should go back and find a source thing.

you can drain source from the primordial fire voidlings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Taear posted:

To the person who said to drain source from the voidlings - what do you mean?

do you have source vampirism

Inverness posted:

I'm talking about doing it to everyone, not just a single character.

But apparently this doesn't exist. :saddowns:

cant you just

only unchain the character that you want to move