Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Ok, so I got thrown into the Fort Joy dungeon. Had 1 lockpick that I used to take care of the cell door. Now how do you get rid through the rest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

quadrophrenic posted:

Do you have Pet Pal? Talk to the rat that keeps scurrying around. And always save scum lock picks. All your stuff is in the chest opposite the cell.
Yeah, he's who I got my one lockpick from.

I ended up finding a way through with the rest of the party from the underground from the beach through the fire slugs through the other person's cell. I ended up reloading to not take off the source collar that early. Really cramps on the exploring.

Also...cursed ground is really really aggravating. Especially enemies that bleed cursed ground on hit. How are you supposed to deal with that with melee dudes this early? It's basically inescapable for them and they die trying to get out.

Also annoying is the AOE indicator on some skills are not accurate. I've murdered more than one person because of that.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Sep 24, 2016

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Caidin posted:

So looking around fort joys ghetto and beaches, am I correct in imagining that the elves cannibalize to get memories thing is gonna get at least as much mileage as pet pal?
A lot of it is flavor text it seems, unlike pet pal. Though you do get a few free skills, so that was cool.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
There's more than one way in. And another way out too that doesn't even touch that underground section.

To my knowledge, you can get free by:
a) teleporting over the cliffs and fighting through the docks
b) going through the underground dungeon and
b1) finding a boat
b2) fighting out the front door
b3) fighting meat golem dude and through the sewers

Where to get to (b), you can
- appease fire slugs
- kill fire slugs
- find a path around the fire slugs
- cave near teleport escape route drops you past slugs
- (very suboptimal) have the dwarf lady remove your main character's collar and get thrown in jail
- I think the door under the shrine is lockpickable, not sure

lurksion fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Oct 12, 2016

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Agreed. Never even bothered to try them out. Maybe later in the game when you have way more slots available? But you'd need to have invested in that stat.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Filthy Monkey posted:

I do hope they change the so-called 'competitive' xp system, with the person turning in certain quests being the only one to get XP for it. It is kind of a pain in the butt with other people.
Wait this is a thing? Does it exist in SP where I have to pay attention to which party member turns in quests too?

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Is there a respec at any point in the game? Tactician is murderous and I'm not feeling my current getup right after escaping Joy.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Um, what stats do you need to pass the persuade check with the Zaleskar outside of Fort Joy with Sibelle? Doesn't seem avoidable in the conversation and having a fight with someone with 800 HP and 400 armor is not happening yet. Unless you're supposed to lose or something?

juggalo baby coffin posted:

are the metamorph spells visually cool, like does your character actual change, or is it all big abstract effects like the lizardman fire breathing?
Bulls horn gives you bulls horn. Wings gives you wings. Dunno about the others.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

This is perfectly fine. :supaburn:

(It turned out OK - thanks magisters for burning down the worm while I set even more things on fire!)

lurksion fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Sep 18, 2017

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Harrow posted:

Ship after Fort Joy spoiler:

Did... did I just accidentally gently caress a skeleton? How? How does that even... at least Fane's as confused as I am. :psyduck:
Yeah I did this too. It was hilariously out of nowhere.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

ChrisBTY posted:

So has anybody had luck persuading Zaleskar with Sebille in the Marshes?
Because I got my finesse to 25 with 2 persuasion and I still can't do it.
Don't use finesse. I think INT succeeded around 20/21 with 1 or 2 persuasion. He was a dick so I still killed him.

Also if you end up fighting, teleport him to the low ground below and drop oil on him while having bows plink his physical armor down. Then bring him back up and keep him knocked down.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Except quite a few source skills are super powerful?

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Doorknob Slobber posted:

there are also animals that follow you around. after escaping fort joy I saved a chickens egg, it then hatched as a black chicken and killed all the other chickens then followed me around calling me mama
If he doesn't get murdered by collateral damage (aka try to avoid pathing through elemental fields cus he's going to stick on your rear end and burn/poison himself to death), he'll betray you if fully go down his quest line.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

PerilPastry posted:

Is there a use for the Phoenix Egg other than eating it for the Phoenix Dive skill? I was thinking of holding onto it in case you get a pet phoenix down the line.

Edit: Nevermind, the skill takes up a memory slot regardless so you might as well just get it from a skill book instead.
Yeah, also wondering about this and about the Phoenix Heart too. Seems like a weird low-end reward for something cool (though I guess the egg is low-effort, but that's not true for the Heart, nasty fight)

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Nope uniques are uniques.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
The other annoying thing about respecs is that you lose the original portrait orientation.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
The problem with spears is that upgrading is harder because you don't have your choice of axe/sword/mace that STR can pick the best of the lot of. Have to treasure what you get.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

PirateBob posted:

The song Rivellon in the soundtrack is loving great. :allears:
Speaking of music, check out the pianist in Ryker's house too

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
I think my main is a couple thousand ahead for unknown reasons since sometime in Fort Joy. Not that it matters since you get dumped XP in the dozens of thousands in Act 2, but it did have a minor lead in Act 1.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Hmm, bugged Act 2 Tarquin hasn't been fixed yet? rear end in a top hat doesn't feel like getting on the boat after finishing his quest.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Anyone else still having quest issues with Tarquin in Act 2?

FrickenMoron posted:

Its more about the fact that it has an aura on Tactician which TERRIFIES your characters automatically, taking all control away from you. you need to preempt cast peace of mind to resist it and the game does not tell you about this aura before the battle starts.
IIRC the terror aura was resisted by magic armor?

Been a bit (aka 2 weeks of vacation)

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
For blackpits, you can block the ladder with a character and the ramp with a big summon aka bone spider to remove the NPC's option of running around in the fire willy nilly.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Cowcaster posted:

we discovered while killing his much weaker rival for his quest that if you’ve got something that causes acid it removes their innate troll ability to regenerate 3000 health or whatever a turn
The element varies by troll.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Taear posted:

I'm trying to do a fight in the blackpits where there's a white magister and a sourcerer on top of a big gantry.
Every single time the sourcerer ends up getting himself killed because he's standing in fire and won't stop moving.

Does him dying matter? Is it fine to just let it happen? I just cannot win it and have him live.
You can also block him in on top of the tower. One guy on ladder, spider on ramp does it.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Maple Leaf posted:

Out of curiosity, how large was the pre-release alpha of this game? I heard it ended just after you beat Alexander (that's probably not a spoiler anymore but whatever, better safe and all that) at the end of act 1. Was it really that big? Is the final release more fleshed out and/or bloated?
Act 2 is really big (2x at least, I'd say). A3 and A4, hmm, probably smaller?

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
And you get potentially sweet L18 loot! Killed them @ 12 in my play through. Really have to pay attention to your cooldowns though, because loving up means a healed troll or a dead party member.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Inco posted:

How do you move around while in conversations?
Literally select someone else. Cheese as gently caress though.