Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
Is telekinesis still stupidly awesome?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

ChrisBTY posted:

3) Spear is the black sheep of the weapon types because the two finesse-based skillsets, Huntsman and Scoundrel, use Bows/Daggers exclusively. You can use Warfare skills with a spear but those all work off strength.

You were reading warfare skill descriptions while you had a strength weapon equipped....weren't you?

Remove the strength weapon, equip either a spear or dagger and look again.

You'll see it quite clearly changes and says that it now scales off of Finesse.

Spear is actually REALLY good with warfare because stuff like whirlwind has a huge distance increase. In fact, I'd say that spears are potentially BETTER than standard 2handers if only because of the range upgrade.

Main problem with spears is that there seems to be a shortage of them (or my luck just sucks).

mauman fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Sep 29, 2017

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Dr. Carwash posted:

Has anyone made a party that does both types of damage actually work? I did that on tactician (going in blind) and got hosed in the first act completely. Almost had to restart. After respeccing to one damage type though, the game became 1000x more manageable.

Yeah.

I recently restarted to mess with some mods, but the party I had up to act 3 was:

2x summoners for armor stripping (physcial and elemental). Blood for physical (later bone widow), fire for elemental (those fireballs are scary).

2x dagger/shield CC'ers. They had shield throw for physical damage and scoundrel has a few pretty good magical armor stripping attacks (and outside of that their damage sucked :downs:). Otherwise there job was to do lockdown/support/healing duty, including stuff like teleporting and whatnot.

Once the summoners maxed out they actually started looking like the CC'ers. Likewise my CC'ers started picking up summoning once I picked up everything I wanted for them.

This was on Tactician.

edit - if I ever go back to that game, I would likely change the dagger/shield guys to a more straight up mage archtype and drop summoner (I love it and all, but 4 summons is kinda a headache). I'd be tempted to drop the daggers and give them wands, but then I'd lose access to the nice knockdowns in warfare.

Maybe I'd keep them with daggers and go magic. One in pyro and one in geo. I'd lose 20% damage (since you need a 14 at max I think to use equipment linked to a particular stat).

grrrr....too much to think about.

mauman fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Sep 30, 2017

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

You can, but any skills he learns from doing this will be lost if you un-equip the mask.

Not true. They stay.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Spiteski posted:

Everything I find on Wiki says I've completed every step on each of them but nothing. On The Ropes is the worst as it seems fairly major. Also with that, why the gently caress is this major storyline removing Pet Pal? What a piece of poo poo move

You literally just learned to suck the souls out of your animal "pals". Losing Pet Pal seems like a reasonable consequence to me :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Jose posted:

stick summoning on sebille because the flesh wound thing lets you start every fight by summoning a blood infused incarnate

My problem with that is that I use summoning spells as "ranged" attacks (i.e. getting them where they need to be as summoned rather than waste ap to get there).