Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

Caidin posted:

So looking around fort joys ghetto and beaches, am I correct in imagining that the elves cannibalize to get memories thing is gonna get at least as much mileage as pet pal?

lurksion posted:

A lot of it is flavor text it seems, unlike pet pal. Though you do get a few free skills, so that was cool.

Body parts also seem to give a pretty substantial heal, which basically means that generic body parts (that is to say, body parts strewn randomly around the environment that don't have any story connection and draw from a list of possible memory dialogues) act as free health potions for elf characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

Gort posted:

My one major complaint about the gameplay mechanics is that having two types of armour (physical and magical) is dumb. In my party it has basically meant that there are a load of cool-sounding magic spells that we just don't use because it's inefficient to chop through both the physical and magic armour when you can just have everyone focus on physical damage. It's not even a small inefficiency, it's like adding 50% more hitpoints to every monster.

I don't see what purpose having two types of armour is meant to serve, either - if you wanted some monsters that are particularly vulnerable to magic or physical attacks just give them armour and health, then make certain attacks do more armour damage than others.

Yeah, the system might've worked a bit better if doing damage to magic armour gave (for instance) a bonus to physical damage against a target and vice versa, in addition to enemy-specific damage resistances for physical/magical. Then it would've at least given a choice of dealing greater damage overall vs inflicting CC sooner.