Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
It was Monday, so in addition to being Monday, my car failed it's yearly inspection (big ole hidden rust hole), I got one month to fix it and come back and show the repair. Then later that night my snow blower broke. It's snowing a lot here now. Last night I managed to fix the snow blower at least, not fun working outside in the wind and -10C weather, hate that can't feel your fingers situation when yoi need to work on stuff and just loose all dexterity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I ran over a cat turd with the snow blower

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

My day was lovely because I had an old alarm forgotten on my phone that woke me up at 3:30AM in the night. I went up, put on coffee, showered and fed the cats and was getting dressed when I noticed the microwave clock saying 3:45. I thought what, did we lose power during the night, but all the clocks sayd 3:45, even my phone. I've gotten up in the middle of the night and I still had two hours of sleep left...

Well I tried to go back to sleep, felt like when I finally got a good sleep the real alarm rings. Then it's all stressfull, gotta wake the kids, forget my wallet, need to get gas or I won't make it so I gotta go back home and get my wallet, late for work, tired, stressed.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

oldpainless posted:

For me, when I feel rushed in the morning I find setting my alarm for 15 minutes or so earlier helps me manage my time and not feel so rushed. Maybe you can try that?

I got this morning routine and it has worked pretty well. 5:50 to 6:40 is me time for waking up. Shower, feed cats, drink a few cups of coffee and eat something usually while watching youtube or reading the SA newspaper comics thread, sometimes petting a cat too. Then I wake the kids and ideally we're out of the door 7:10 to 7:15. This day it took until 7:25!

I don't want to wake the kids any earlier than I do now, they need their sleep. But sometimes they can be complete bastards about getting ready. And the lateness was ocmpounded because a bridge we go over is shut down for maintenance so I had to take a pretty big detour.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Accidentially stepped on my cats paw and it was bad enough we had to go the vet. Seems fine now at least, and gets painkiller just in case.

I sprained something in my neck and it hurts like hell too.... Also on painkillers but I need something stronger...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Mostly the way these forums are so loving antagonistic somedays. Especially when you already had a pretty lovely day and didn't want more negativity.