Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
Because it was just like every other day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

In the last week I've gotten a painful ear infection, a flat tire on my car, got told I wouldn't get overtime pay because of a technicality (they deducted the overtime hours I worked from the bereavement time I took for my grandmother's funeral) , my dishwasher broke, my favorite belt broke, and the sole is coming off of my work shoes.

Yet after last night, somehow that all seems trivial.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I was driving to work on a 35 mph road. There is a black SUV in front of me. We are both driving exactly 35. The driver hits his breaks and slows down to 20. I of course close the distance and got up to about 10 feet behind him.

He then pulls into a turn lane and I pass him. He then pulls out behind me. Turns out it was a cop in an unmarked vehicle. He takes my info and then hands me a ticket for following too close.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

There's a lady at my work who smokes two packs a day, and probably has done so for 40 years. Her voice is raspier than Patty and Selma. Due to this, she coughs constantly. All day every day. She makes no effort at all to cover her mouth when she coughs. She also blows her nose about 30 times a day, every single day. When she blows her nose, she blows hard, making the super loud honking noise. She also doesn't shower and wears heavy perfume to cover it. She is the most disgusting person I have ever met.

And today they rearranged seating at the office and her desk is now adjacent to mine.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I had planned a Horror Movie marathon with friends today. Spent a bunch of time acquiring the movies to watch. Bought a bunch of food and drinks to share. Got the house all set up nicely for it. Had about half a dozen friends say they were gonna come.

Nobody came. They all backed out last minute, or just completely flaked out without so much as a message. Sat at home all day alone waiting for people that never came.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I dropped the garbage can on my foot this morning. It hurt then. It hurts more now, 8 hours later. Pretty sure I broke my toe.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I've been dating a woman for the last month or so. Felt it was going really well. She is intelligent and funny and we had lots of long, deep conversations.

She of course texted me saying she felt no spark and doesn't want to see me anymore.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

Cowslips Warren posted:

I filed my taxes last week and got the refund already. Now I'm loving paranoid I messed up because the return was larger than last year by about a grand and I am waiting for a letter from the IRS that I owe the money back.

Good news. The IRS has been so gutted and neutered by the Republicans, that they don't have even remotely the kind of manpower it would take to go after someone in your situation, if you had made a mistake.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

One of my internet friends attempted suicide today. They took a huge amount of pills then posted about it on a shared Discord. Luckily, we knew someone who they lived with and were able to contact them and that person was able to call for help and an ambulance showed up. They were taken to the hospital, but have now gone silent.

Unfortunately, none of us know their real identity or have any way of checking on their condition, or any way to send support at all.

So a friend may or may not be dead, and we have no way of knowing until they come back... or don't.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I was having some pretty bad side effects from the anti-depressant I was on. So, together, my doctor and I made the decision to have me go off of it and try something else.

I've been taking gradually smaller doses to wean myself off of it, and been following my doctor's directions to a tee.

But I'm still having severe withdrawal. Look up SSRI withdrawal symptoms, and I've got just about all of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I produced an improv variety show at a local brewpub that was designed to give other members of the community with lesser known groups an opportunity to perform. I had to cancel the show because nobody signed up.

My sister and her husband have been wanting a new dog for a while. She had expressed for a long time that she wanted to name it after a favorite Fleetwood Mac song, however, that song happens to be a racial slur for Romani people. A couple months ago we had a conversation about it where she fully acknowledged the word was a harmful slur. And I told her it would be unacceptable to name a dog that. A couple weeks ago they got that dog, and that dog has a racial slur for its name. And now I don't know how I'm going to confront them about it and let them know that I will never use that dogs name, and to do so without destroying my relationship with them.

After talking to my general practitioner doctor, many people in the community, and just simply analyzing every bit of my life, I'm realizing there's an extremely high likelihood that I am on the autism spectrum. I want to get proper diagnosis, but at my age there are very limited resources. Reaching out through the medical network, the only insured option I have has an over 9 month waiting list, and will cost me about $5,000 out of pocket, just to get a diagnosis. I need specialized treatment as this disorder has caused significant problems in my social life and mental state, and traditional therapy and medication have been useless.

And also I am stuck in a job I hate, and applied for a new job that seemed perfect for me. Everything about it was great. Fit my skills. Doing something that I felt was actually helpful. Then, somehow having missed it until the interview, I found out the job was seasonal. And so the bump in pay I would have gotten would be completely wiped out as there's no way I'd be able to find another job that pays as well, and isn't retail or service hell.