Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The last month has been poo poo. I'm sick and I don't know why. Joint pain everywhere, muscle pain everywhere, fatigue, loss of appetite, trouble walking, tingling in feet and hands, delayed motor skills, headaches, arms feel too heavy to lift sometimes, blah blah blah. Body is not working and it sucks. Last week I couldnt even get oit of bed. All my tests so far say I'm perfectly healthy. Doing another big round of blood tests tomorrow. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I'm trying to get tested for Lyme but since I don't remember a bite or rash it's really hard to get it done. I don't know what the problem is and why they refuse when I ask. Like just do it. Who cares if I remember getting a rash or not? Didn't think of mono though. My coworker was saying I should forge my test sheet and add stuff according to advice in the chronic pain thread.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My husband sliced his hand open with a grinder.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My husband didn't do anything about my birthday.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Today was the last day I'll have with the people I've done my degree with for the past 4 years. In a class of 20, we were super close and it's really depressing that we're now moving on.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My mom just disowned the whole family after admitting she never accepted my sister for being gay. Merry Christmas everybody! :toot:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My mom and sister still aren't speaking and I'm supposed to fly out with my mom to my sister's place in 5 days! Either she comes with and it turns into a horribly awkward flight and a huge fight on Christmas, or she doesn't come and our family continues to be torn apart.

MERRY CHRISTMAS 2016

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My husband is flying back home across the country tonight after we'd been inseparable all week on vacation together, because I'm going to Belize for 2 months alone to work. I'm crazy about him and I'm going to miss him so much. I'm mad at myself for crying so hard in the airport when it was my choice to go off alone. This is the second time I've gone away for 2 months, and it's always hard.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My lungs hurt so much from coughing nonstop for 3 days. I've come so close to throwing up from the force of coughing too. I also need to eat but I have zero appetite and feel nauseous. I wish I could be put in a coma.

Edit: scratch that; I did throw up.

SulfurMonoxideCute has a new favorite as of 00:16 on Mar 9, 2017

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Nooooooo :smith:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

food court bailiff posted:

Please see a doctor, that sounds serious :ohdear:

Oh it gets better, I've bruised my ribs, maybe even cracked one!

I'm abroad right now and return home in a week. If I see no improvement by then, I'll get checked out. I have insurance, but I'm technically on an international school trip, so any insurance claims I make will also go through the university, which will mean my illness will be an official "incident" and I'll have mountains of forms to fill and weeks of annoyance. No thank you. Not for a cough. Maybe if I lost a limb or something.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My butter chicken poutine didn't have cheese, and the butter chicken sauce wasn't creamy or tomatoey. Very disappointed.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I forgot my painkillers have caffeine in them. Took one at 3 am when I went to bed and am still awake at 6. Good thing I'm unemployed!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I'm coming down off my SSRI's and I can't stop crying over everything. Cute puppy pic on Facebook? GOTTA CRY. Cat has a hairball? GOTTA CRY. Hear a song you've liked for 20 years? GOTTA CRY. Husband went to the store without you? GOTTA CRY. Made a tasty lunch? GOTTA CRY. Clicked the wrong button while editing a video? OH poo poo SON YOU BETTER CRY NOW.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My boss has been putting in a bunch of overtime and can't handle it, so she's going completely mental and treated everyone like poo poo today. Then my coworker broke her arm. Then I got trapped in a freight elevator.

Edit: My coworker broke her own arm, not the boss's. Although to be fair, I'm sure she was tempted at some point.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Maggie Fletcher posted:

Jesus, I am so very loving sorry. My thoughts are with you.

Mine was yesterday, but it spilled over. Small potatoes compared to the above, but I was lying in bed last night crying over my cat who died in December. It may seem like a long time ago but she was my best bud for 18 years. As I was just starting to really get into it, my boyfriend of 3 months texted (yeah) to tell me he wanted to call things off. I'm fine with ending things--wasn't super into him anyway--but now I'm still crying and I can't decide if I'm still sad over my cat (never got to that good cry), or if there's some of the dumping in there too.

Our first cat passed away last Monday of a sudden massive stroke a the age of 12. I brought him home almost immediately after we bought our first house. My husband and I were both extremely attached and it was loving devastating. He died in my arms while my husband was driving us to the vet. This has been one of the hardest weeks for both of us. I've been trying to act normal but my heart still hurts a lot.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My phone got cut off today because I'm almost $2000 poorer than I was expecting to be thanks to bacterial pneumonia loving my body up for over 3 months now.

Also

TMDTN posted:

Arrested for the terrible crime of being homeless and existing, the state dropped the charges, because they literally had no case, but that was after I spent a week in jail because I couldn't afford to bond out, rode the bus 6 hours to get back to my camp to find everything I owned got looted.

This is hosed up. Sorry, man. :smith:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My friend is at work at Orlando Airport. She is safe, thank goodness.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I have a friend who lives in a high rise apartment in London and I don't know if she's safe.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I got a really deep cut on my foot last night and I was supposed to go hiking tonight and all day tomorrow. Still going but will have to pick a shorter trail.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I went for a hike with a friend, and the road to access it was severely washboarded and the bumpiness hosed up her car and we ended up driving for almost 5 hours at an average of 28mph on highways while stuck in second gear. We went to her parents house and switched vehicles there before driving another hour to get home. Normal time from trailhead to home is less than 2 hours, 2 hours to her parents place.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My boss is going insane. Half of the old guard staff have quit, the other half are having a hard time hanging on. One of the biggest benefits of working where we do was flexibility with student scheduling. I gave her my availability for the upcoming semester, which was Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday, and got an e-mail back saying we need to talk about it together in person. Sounds like that's not good enough. I've had one weekend day off every school semester for 3 and a half years with no issue. Just because everyone else quit because she's become a micro-managing tyrant with zero flexibility isn't my fault. If she says I can't work there without working both weekend days, I'll say "Either you have me 3 days a week or 0 days a week. Up to you."

I may just be joining the mass exodus after all.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I'm just really pissed off because there's a fire ban in my region due to our half of the country burning down, and someone had an illegal campfire at one of the most stunning lakes in Canada where fires are banned permanently regardless of conditions. It was a doubly illegal fire.

And they set the loving forest on fire. It isn't getting cold enough for it to be necessary for survival, we're in a heat wave with zero precipitation. They're just gigantic selfish assholes.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My friend's 18 year old son died of a drug overdose.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I saw a pedestrian get hit by a car once. Tossed him pretty far. Found out later he didn't make it. It's a terrible thing to witness. Hugs from me too, I understand what it's like.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

oldpainless posted:

You seem like a really bad employee

Get a load of old regretless over here, never had a bad day in his life.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

InediblePenguin posted:

I have bronchitis and it's making me really loving tired and my supervisor who isn't actually my boss he's just my supervisor keeps going on and on about how he had bronchitis and he just powered through it, and I took half days the last two days because I was literally too tired to do my job, and I'm less tired now but I'm still so tired that I want to loving cry, and he just keeps going on about how he powered through it and you need to power through it and he doesn't believe that I'm actually sick as I am he hasn't actually come out and said that he doesn't think I'm that sick but it's just inherent in the way that he's talking to me about it? And I'm just really tired of this whole thing and really want to just go the gently caress home and never come back to this loving job ever again because I'm so loving tired of this poo poo. There are other things going on with this job that are shady but whatever I'm just tired I'm just tired and I want to be allowed to be sick. I got a loving doctor's note and everything but that wasn't good enough because my supervisor powered through it

I loving hate people like that. Illness affects people differently. Only a loving moron thinks otherwise.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Had a guy from Hong Kong tell us that we're all giant wimps in Canada when we get really bad forest fire smoke, the air where he is from is much worse.

SORRY I'M ALLERGIC TO FOREST FIRE SMOKE, guess I'm just being a baby when my lungs and throat close up!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

This was actually yesterday but I want to whine anyway. Sorry for all the words.

I went to catch the train to get to work, I live 2 stops away and it takes 5 minutes from station to station. Yesterday they decided to shut all 3 stations down to do some construction, there was warning, but there was a lot of misinformation. All the info at the stations and online claimed that there was a train running from the station to the west of my work (I live 2 stations to the east). I would just have to take a shuttle bus from my home station to the station west of work then take the train from that station to my work. I would have made it to work on time if that was the case. But it wasn't.

When I go to the westerly station I was told that the train turns around before it gets to my work station but didn't go the whole way there. There was no shuttle bus stopping at my work station because it wasn't considered an important stop. I work at one of the most popular tourist and family destinations in my province. Apparently city transit doesn't care about this. So no bus to work when the train is down. I decide to walk because it's really not far between stations. The train runs in the middle of a major roadway that is not pedestrian friendly, there are no sidewalks along this road at all. There is a pathway along the river just off the road, that apparently went up the side of an onramp over a bridge to access the road to my work's parking lot. So I'm like "okay, the bike path is fine, I'll walk, I'll be 20 minutes late but at least I'll get there."

Except the pathway was closed and torn up and fenced off for some kind of construction project. I couldn't tell from the station. So I get to the fence and am like "gently caress". I decide to just say screw it and cross the onramp and walk on a narrow curb with a steel barrier right beside it, cars passing me within inches, then climb over some barriers to continue on to work.

I was walking on the curb on the left while the fence for the construction was to the left of the white lines, forcing the cars to barely scrape by me. I was not happy about that.

It turned out that literally everyone who works at my venue who takes transit was 20 to 60 minutes late due to the stupid misinformation of a train running between the west and work station that my venue, that by 3 pm city transit changed the shuttle bus routes to service our station too because it was a really busy day and there was no loving staff.

Break relief at my particular location on grounds was so late for her shift that by the time I had my break I was ready to start closing duties during my 7 hour shift. It was really busy and I was by myself all day. It was just an all around lovely-rear end day. But I texted my husband asking if he could pick me up since there was no reasonable way for me to get home and he showed up with my favourite burger when I was done my shift so that helped relieve my rage.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Thought you said sharted.

My mom's cat died. Only a few months after mine passed away. We got them both a few days apart the same year without knowing each other's plans, and they were both our first cat since the one we had when I was a kid. Both were sudden deaths with only a few hours between normal and gone.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I very clearly have alcohol intolerance and possibly an allergy that I've refused to acknowledge until now. I get flushed across my chest, breathing gets laboured, and hangovers consist of severe dizziness, tight throat, and racing heartbeat. So I guess no more wine or beer for me.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My province is on fire. Again. Whole communities being evacuated.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

A guy on the train smelled like poo poo and I can't help but think of those guys who think it's gay to clean their buttholes so they never do.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My legs hurt too much to walk.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Yesterday I tripped on uneven pavement while going to work and got a really bad scrape that bled through my leggings a bit. I put a bandage with a bunch of polysporin quite a few hours later, and everything seemed all cool today at work until it seeped so much it soaked through the bandage and through my leggings. Customer flow was steady enough and I was working by myself that I couldn't do anything about it for a couple of hours. On my break I took the bandage off and there was a bunch of thick yellow fluid all over everything. The first aid kit at work didn't have any polysporin or anything like it so I just put some gauze over it and taped it on.

The second half of the shift was insanely busy and I was still alone. Every time I walked I could feel the gauze tugging so I knew it got stuck to the scrape. Had to wait until I got home to deal with it. It took about 10 minutes to remove the gauze by wetting it with water and gently peeling it up. It's now airing out, it's gone dark, dark red and has redness in the skin around it that's three times as big as the scrape itself. It appears to be infected and whenever I have a scrape that goes ugly it turns into a keloid scar and I'm really mad about this right now. This scrape is 1" by 2.5" and if it scars it's going to be horrid.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I absolutely despise one of my profs. Only one more class but he refuses to let our group hook up our own laptop to the projector to do a presentation. The only reason why is "I don't like it". Who gives a gently caress, we're the ones operating it. He doesn't have to touch it at all. He also talks super condescending all the time. I can't wait until this is finally over.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I've seen a lot of extinguishers in locked glass cases but also have giant text that reads to break it in case of fire. It keeps people from stealing them or setting them off for fun.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Every time I ask my mom if she wants to do something other than just sit at her house and watch tv she says no but then complains I don't spend any time with her. We haven't gone to my inlaw's for Christmas for 2 years so we wanted to go there. I invited my mom too but nope. She just wants to stay home and watch tv.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

We don't gently caress around on our true capitalist holiday: Boxing Day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I bought some topical cream to help with sore muscles but it burns my skin like I rubbed chilis in my eyes.