Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
My brain won't stop being sadbrains about my continuing cavalcade of failures regarding attempts at relationships and it's beginning to genuinely piss me off.

Also 12 hour shifts loving suck.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 14:32 on Mar 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Post anyway. Just because someone else's problems are worse, does not mean that yours are any less legitimate; if something's bothering you, it's bothering you, regardless of other people.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I'm sorry you're going through this. I really and truly am :(

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

A policeman showed up at our door about an hour ago and told us my sister had been taken to the hospital in an ambulance for taking a bunch of pills, and wouldn't tell anyone what they were. Gave him a list of her medications (She's on bipolar stuff) and that was that. If she were in critical condition that he knew of, I'm sure he would've told us.

I don't like that I'm neither terribly surprised nor particularly worried by this happening.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

You made the right decision. Hell with them.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

poo poo keeps cropping up that's threatening my plans what require me to save up a minimum of a thousand bucks before Christmas this year. It's starting to piss me off something fierce.

I need the thousand to give to my mom to cover a months rent so she can spend her money to get caught up on other stuff for a change. She never has a problem paying for everything she needs to, but she always has less left over than she'd like afterward, and then Other poo poo happens and then she's got nothing.

The universe is getting in the way of me trying to be a good son and I'm getting tired of it.

E: also, new phone because the last one was on its last legs, and having to reteach autocorrect how to swear like a sailor is surprisingly annoying.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 14:13 on Sep 29, 2018

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

That's a bunch of bullshit reasons from your family and I'm sorry that you're having to deal with it. I really and truly mean that. :(

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

My relief is late. The person hired to replace the one who quit is not on the schedule. They were hired specifically because they claimed to be able to be on time to relieve me.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Thin Privilege posted:

Lost my job, and plus my best friend didn't even send me a "happy birthday" text. Same day. Happy birthday to me.

Happy birthday. I know it's not the same from an internet stranger, but it's better than nothing at all :shobon: I've come to terms with the fact that I'm never going to hear it from the person I want to hear it from the most.

I'm sure everything will get better.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

My relief is an hour and a half late and I'm about to lose my poo poo

E:4 hours now. I am in the process of losing my poo poo.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 18:10 on Nov 25, 2018

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

NOPE!
:shepicide:

On the bright side, they have in fact found someone to relieve me. When the next shift starts.
In two hours. So I have basically had a 16 hour shift sprung on me. Thank gently caress I wasn't particularly thirsty after my patrols and still have a lot of water left or I would be even more livid.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 20:10 on Nov 25, 2018

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Home at last. Relieved by a Jason Momoa lookin' motherfucker, even had the beard. Good, strong handshake.

Someone ate the last of the leftover stuffing. :negative: no comfort food before bed for me.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Double pay is a myth and a lie; if it didn't happen on a holiday, you get your normal pay and you'll like it.
The one upside is there is zero chance of me being called in to cover any shifts now, as 24 hours a week is my maximum. They may be assholes in other ways but they've been great about respecting the hourly limit my disability benefits enforces.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Two weeks ago, it was a dead aunt. Last week it was a dead cousin, which led to me being here for a 16 hour shift against my will.

Today it's car trouble up to and including towing. I am so loving pissed off I can't see straight. I have called my goddamn boss 11 times. I know it's been 11 times because phones keep track of that poo poo. He does not answer. Why is he the loving supervisor if we cannot contact him? Why is this woman still working here when every single one of the three loving weeks she's been here, there has been some crisis or other?

I'm not heartless, but once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy goddamn action. I should have been relieved a loving hour ago. I should've been in bed half an hour ago, because these loving fucks want me here again, tonight, from 11pm to 7am again.

I am not loving staying another loving 16 hour stretch. There will be blood if they attempt to force the issue. You will see my fat rear end on the news.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

That's one of the things I worry about rather a lot. Almost all the people I associate with are online, and also goons. My best friend (also a goon) has orders that if anything happens to me he's to go to several goon discords to at least let everyone know that happened to me.

I'm sorry about your friend, Invictus. I really and truly am.

E: I swear to loving god if my relief no-shows today I will go loving mental

E2: he's a no show but my boss actually answered his loving phone for once (which is a minor Christmas miracle in and of itself) so I'll only be here for an hour and a half at most.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 14:46 on Dec 22, 2018

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I am not looking forward to my niece being a prat tomorrow. This child is slowly but surely making me hate Christmas. :(

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Yes, it's perfectly okay to take a little time for yourself.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

So that's where they got the idea for Paul in Saints Row 3.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Account McAccount posted:

Some jackass gave a dumb red text. The original was this pink puffy thing like cotton candy so I didn't initially know it was some pony poo poo. It was just cute. I am stereotypical female and therefore like pink puffy things :/

And hell no i do not like any pony poo poo.

People still getting mad about pony avs in 2019. God drat. I am truly and deeply sorry you have to deal with that

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I am... tired, of a lot of things, and increasingly wondering what the loving point of bothering anymore is. A lot of things I can deal with (might be better to say I have to whether I like it or not) but the straw that finally broke the camel's back day before yesterday is that I hadn't even realized I'd gotten my hopes up again. It's been almost fifteen years, when am I going to be over her?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

How old is your daughter? Kids can understand things earlier than you'd think. I'm still so, so sorry you're having to go through that, both you and Bert.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

My first shift back from my first vacation in almost ten years and my relief still has not arrived. Almost two hours now.

E: Someone finally showed up! Four loving hours later!

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 17:00 on Jul 6, 2019

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Second fuckmothering day in a row that my relief has been late. I am homicidal.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

gently caress 'im, give him the boot. If you don't stick to your guns on this he's just going to make y'all miserable.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Midig posted:

Do they just never fire them?
They did!
This was an entirely different person! :shepicide:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I have a hemorrhoid. :saddowns:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Well my reliefs phone is going straight to voicemail but I was able to leave a message on my boss's boss phone instead of getting the usual 'inbox full' notice, so I got at least one thing done regarding my relief being late.

What's that? No my boss didn't answer his phone, why would he do that, it's not like being able to get ahold of him is important or anything.

This loving company. I can't get ahold of anyone above me when I need them. In case of an actual emergency, I am loving screwed.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I've been here for over twelve loving hours and my relief isn't loving here and my boss phone is going straight to voicemail and HIS boss is getting snippy. No I'm not sorry for using this tone with you THIS IS YOUR loving JOB, TO MAKE SURE SOMEONE IS SCHEDULED TO RELIEVE ME. DO YOUR loving JOB AND I WON'T HAVE A REASON TO BE SHORT WITH YOU YOU SHITFORBRAINS

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

One of my best friends in the world is an anxiety, depression-riddled mess and I am nearing the end of my rope with them. Every single day is a bad day, every single day is something new for them to have a panic attack about and I love them like a second sibling but I cannot take it anymore. I've done all I can, always, to be supportive of them, but sometimes it feels like they don't want help. I know depression isn't logical and almost never makes sense, it isn't their fault, I just... I need a break. And I feel like a terrible friend for feeling like this but I also feel like not much of one for not being able to be much help for them.

Every

Single

Day

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I discovered one of my coworkers is a goddamn animal that puts spent chewing gum on the underside of the work chair. I discovered this by reaching under it to adjust the height. It was still wet.

C'mon, man, we've not even had this nice new non-busted chair for two weeks yet.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

My sisters boyfriend is a goddamn train wreck, and I don't mean this is the sense of "Oldest brother never likes whoever the younger siblings are dating". The man is diabetic as poo poo and seemingly refuses to keep track of his drat blood sugar! The paramedics recognized him by the back of his loving head and were on a first goddamn name basis with him! That is not a good thing, for fucks sake!

And just last night right after I got to work the bastard had another diabetic episode while driving, passed out and totaled his car. Someday this fuckfurter is going to not get lucky, and he won't walk away from it. The only question is whether he's going to take someone with him if it happens in the car, and that makes me even goddamn angrier!

And she's loving stuck with him because the rear end in a top hat knocked her up! Initially I believed her that it wasn't intentional, they used condoms and all that poo poo, but I'm starting to believe that if this motherfucker can be this severely diabetic this long and still refuses to take it seriously there's no loving way he'd take safe sex seriously.

God loving drat, I wish I were a drinker.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 14:11 on Oct 27, 2019

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Just get his truck towed.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

My friend isn't getting better and I don't know what to do. The whole thing seems to have started after she had a negative reaction to a birth control implant that threw her hormones not for a loop so much as it completely up-ended her mental stability. But it's been almost a month since it was removed; I don't know how long the hormones stay in the system, but I feel like it should have improved somewhat by now.

I'm at a complete loss. Her boyfriend is at his wits end. She's had bad times before, but it was never this bad this often, and everything that worked before isn't. She is seeing a therapist, as often as they can afford it, and it seems to help at least a little, but it's not doing much for the times between sessions. She's one of my dearest friends in the world, and I can't do anything to help.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 15:24 on Nov 11, 2019

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

It's not a contest unless you try to make it one. You are unhappy; someone else having more or bigger reasons to be unhappy, doesn't make your reasons and less valid. Unless you're being racist or sexist or whathaveyou but that's fairly obvious.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

"There are children starving in Africa. Eat your drat vegetables."

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

If the Retail thread has taught me anything, they're trying to annoy you into quitting

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Webcomic webtoon thing that I had high hopes for has dissolved into the usual "rear end in a top hat character gets away with their assholery for way too loving long" thing and I'm really fuckin' tired of that poo poo :geno: I'm here to have a good time, god drat it, and it started out so good. I'm just gonna put it down and check back once a month or so, if I remember to, unless or until said character gets tied to a post and lit on fire.

E: it's not even the primary antagonist being a dick, I could handle that, I don't think there even is a 'primary' antagonist, it's just some other character being a huge piece of poo poo.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 16:26 on Jan 28, 2020

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

They're doing that on purpose. They mean to work you to the bone and get as much $$$ per hour out of you as they can before they give you the boot, if you don't quit out of sheer desperation/self-preservation before that happens.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Time for an anonymous tip to the local news!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

It can be a hard decision for some guys because the prostate is kind of important in the male reproductive system.