Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

So pat yourself on the back and give yourself a handshake
'Cause everything is not yet lost

Pillbug

I originally thought I would be off this weekend. Instead I worked yesterday and am currently finishing my second hour of an 18 hour shift. Itís not hard work, itís really just sitting in an office unless poo poo hits the fan (or, in one case, the fan hits poo poo) but itís so soul-crushingly boring. Iím probably going to be losing it by like three in the afternoon today. At least when the day crew leaves I have the trailer to myself and can dick around on my switch and listen to weird podcasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

Captain Invictus posted:

Then my coordinator dropped dead while shoveling snow one winter, dude had a bad heart, dunno why he thought it was a good idea to go out and try and deal with the snow literally nicknamed "heart attack snow" himself, poor bastard.

I have responded to so many people who had heart attacks shoveling, itís insane. Now that I work in construction safety snow always makes me paranoid, because I know one of these unhealthy motherfuckers are gonna drop dead shoveling one day.

I really donít want to work today. I just did a week of 12 hour night shifts, then had a day off, now Iím covering today, Sunday, and Monday from 7am to 5pm. Time and a half at least! But Iím so loving tired.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

Cat rear end Trophy posted:

My favorite local burger place has become a neo-nazi hangout.

Show up in large groups with minority friends. Talk to them and make loud comments. Make them uncomfortable. Make them leave. Let them know they aren't wanted.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

I may or may not be working the rest of this week after christmas. Just loving tell me one way or another, don't hem and haw and say you'll let me know on tuesday. I'm fine with either outcome but I like to mentally prepare and not hope for days off and not get them/hope for the paycheck and not get it.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

Astrofig posted:

This has been the least-Christmassy Christmas I've ever experienced. Hopefully it gets a bit better by tonight.

Thereís like no decorations in the towns near me, itís so weird. Usually thereís lights and whatnot on the streetlights and whatnot.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

BallisticClipboard posted:

I've been in a depression downswing for about a week now. Since before the new year. And I know it isn't true but I feel like everyone hates me for existing. I have not wanted to be alive what feels like the last forever. I don't know if this is a regular downswing or if my antidepressants have decided to stop working. Not that I have the time to meet with my Psychiatrist because school starts in 2 weeks and she's usually booked 8 weeks out. I don't know how I'm going to make college work.

Today was supposed to be an improvement because I had something fun planned and it was just the worst. On top of that, an rear end in a top hat I have bad history with decided to reenter my life. He makes me physically ill. We share a mutual circle of friends and I can't stand to be around him, so I can't stand to be around my friends. So until he goes MIA again, I just don't have friends. I want to die.

Have you told your friends that you canít be around him and while youíd like to spend time with them, you canít if heís there? Not even laying down an ultimatum of ďcut him out or I severĒ just ďhey, can we do things without dipshit around?Ē

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

Captain Invictus posted:

went to bed feelin' fine. woke up with post-nasal drip, sore throat, and clearly developing a fever with full body aches after the weekend right before going back to work instead of right as the weekend started. excellent.

If you have health insurance, go to an urgent care right the gently caress now, it sounds like you have the flu, especially with the rapid onset. Antivirals have a short window on the flu, so time is of the essence.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

Yesterday, one of my clients told me I was testing 12 new hires. I got to the site and found out it was increased to 30 without them telling me. When that chaos was done, I got home and then after I ate dinner, they called and said they needed me back first thing in the morning for four new hires... well, today it was actually just four, but then as soon as I got home I got a call from another one of my clients that somebody crashed an ambulance and I need to head over for post-accident breathylizing and drug tests. gently caress, I would just like to sit down for like thirty seconds without unexpected work.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

I have to go testify for a civil case in three hours. The timing is loving awful, my car crapped out on Monday and I havenít been able to get it out to the mechanicís yet and Iím leaving for vacation tomorrow. And the actual traveling part of vacation seemed fine when I planned it in October but now it just looks like a goddamn nightmare.

E:got to the courthouse and found out the case was settled and no one told me not to come in.

Ugly In The Morning has a new favorite as of 15:31 on Jan 15, 2020

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

Pastry of the Year posted:

Had to say goodbye to my cat today, taken way too loving soon by FIP.

That is such a cruel, cruel disease.

Condolences. I remember your posts about it and were hoping you'd get a bit longer to spoil them.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

I was gonna be off today, found out at lunch yesterday Iím working. Got stuck behind an incredibly slow 18wheeler on my way in. Got in to work and checked my phone to find out the drummer from one of my favorite bands died.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

My car keys fell out of my pocket at work and havenít turned up yet. Iím staying at the motel down the road from the job site tonight because itís too dark to find them now. Fuuuck.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

A cat ran out of the fog directly under my carís wheels on my way in to work this morning.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

I have an impending layoff but I have no idea when. Iím in this weird area where I want to make all the money I can before it happens but Iím also loving exhausted and just want to get told Iím done. I have to go in an hour early tomorrow and have a 12 hour day on Monday and just thinking about either one is exhausting.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

Iíve been trying to find out when Iím getting laid off for like a month now. Itís been a week away the whole time. I was kind of hoping that this week would be it but now it looks like Iím working next week too.

I canít complain too much, the money is excellent but Iím just so tired. I havenít been able to do basically anything but work since by the time my one day off rolls around Iím completely burnt.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

Itís less nefarious than that and more ďthe actual completion date of this project has slipped a few timesĒ but drat if it isnít really annoying. Iíve gotta see what my options are as far as unemployment goes when I finally do get laid off, since it looks like the job market is gonna be a total dumpster fire.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

I have what is almost certainly coronavirus. I feel like complete dogshit and itís basically going to get me laid off a week early, so Iím not thrilled about that.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

I Am Not Spor posted:

The state is issuing a mandatory closure of all non-essential businesses, including what we fall under, "Office Administrative Services", but the CEO and my supervisor are jumping through hoops to claim we're exempt because of the industry we tangentially work with. I was told that if I get pulled over on my way into the office - I live next to a police station, I drive through the largest city in the state, and then through three counties - I show them my business card and they'll let me go

I got a letter from the construction company I work for that says something to the effect of ďyo, this guy is helping build a power plant, let him goĒ. I havenít been able to leave the house regardless, since Iím still sick as hell. It was getting better but now my fever is back up to 101.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

InediblePenguin posted:

, or at least just loving sleep. i would rather sleep than work

That was the worst at my old job. I would have to be up at 5 so I was always trying to conk out by 9 but thatís not exactly easy. Also going to bed at 9 six days a week is loving depressing.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

Iím in the process of shopping for my 3rd car since 9/18 and I loving hate car shopping. It stresses me out.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

Captain Invictus posted:

Mom fell and sliced her eyeball open when she woke up. Great.

It looks like a relatively minor gash but it's directly across the middle and it's from her bracing for the fall and her head hitting her hand and her fingernail stabbing into her eyeball. Can't take her to the hospital because she has to isolate so I'm just hoping it heals on its own. I had my cornea almost entirely sliced off for surgery one time and it grew back within like a week, so I'm hoping she'll recover similarly

That sounds 100 percent like something that needs to go to the hospital. A lot of them have setups for contact isolation in the ERs still. Eye injuries are one of those things that can go from minor treatment to requiring major surgery or permanent disability if you donít get them taken care of ASAP.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

I leant my mom my car that I bought last week since hers is in the shop today. As she was going through the first intersection by my apartment going straight, some 80 year old doesnít even slow down and made a left into traffic and hit her. Sheís fine but my car is hosed.

People really need to give up their licenses when they get too old to drive. Itís absurd how many people are out there with two ton blocks of steel going tens of miles per hour that arenít in the condition to drive it.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

Solice Kirsk posted:

75 should be the hard cut off. They wouldn't take my grandma's license until she drove through her neighbor's garage door. That was also when my dad and uncle just stole her car to keep it away from her.

The guy kept trying to act like it was no big deal because it was an accident. Itís like, dude, you floored it into oncoming traffic to make a left; you could have killed someone. Heís still a practicing doctor, too, which is loving horrifying.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

InsertPotPun posted:

also i stabbed myself in the palm and the swelling is causing my nerves to scream up to my shoulder whenever i move my fingers or wrist and settle into a dull ache whenever they are in the same position for a few seconds. there's nothing to do but wait for the swelling to go down.

You might want to go to the hospital. Hand injuries are seriously nothing to gently caress with- nerve and tendon injuries there can easily lead to permanent loss of function. It really does not take much for that to happen. At the very least get an urgent care to look at it.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

My tax bill is crazy high this year, and it wouldnít be a problem if I didnít lose two cars to no fault of my own (manufacturing defect and an old guy driving into it) which set me back basically the exact amount I owe. Plus there was a girl I had just started seeing who got a new job and is moving away. gently caress.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

MisterBibs posted:

A lot of poo poo is going south in my life, so I figured I'd zone out a bit playing this feature-heavier Minecraft clone I haven't played in a while.

The game is working fine, but for some reason my stomach is decidedly not working fine while I play it.

It's never happened before, so it's that fun experience of "is it something I ate, something I haven't eaten, or something else".

Check the FOV settings or make sure nothing added head bob, maybe? Those are usually the biggest culprits.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

Constant nightmares last night when I was trying to sleep doing some ambulance stuff, followed by more this morning when I tried to take a nap when I got home. Itís something I usually deal with like 1-2 times a month, not every time I try to sleep like this. I even had my Joe Frank radio on this morning to try to have something with vivid imagery while I was conking out to try to guide me to something else, but nope, woke up in a panic with my heart pounding again.

Also I got pink eye from a hoarder house.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

I woke up with my knees and wrists absolutely killing me. I hate when the weather changes.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

The seasonal depression has decided to kick in early and hard this year.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

Itís my last shift with the ambulance service Iíve been with for five and a half years since Iím moving back to MA for a new job. This place frustrates me sometimes but it also sucks to know this is it. Lots of good times here.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

I have some ear congestion type thing going on today and in the last hour or so itís made me dizzy as gently caress. Iím sitting in a chair and getting motion sick without moving.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

Manager Hoyden posted:

Sudafed (the behind the counter kind) can help with that if you have any around.

I sadly donít and Iím not driving like this. It is pretty great when I have it though.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

DicktheCat posted:

Another college buddy turned up dead.

Second this year, and not due to covid. One suicide, other we don't know yet. Third in total for me.

So it goes, so it goes, so it goes.

poo poo man, I have been there and it really sucks. In 2014 four of my college buddies died in a short span and it never got any easier. If you ever need to rant into the internet about it my PMs are always open.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

My back has spammed the gently caress out and I have been crippled with back pain for the first time in 32 years. I have a good job offer and that mAkes me worried. And the one actor Iíd watch read the phone book has lymphoma.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

Got the scans back yesterday and I have MS. Which wasnít surprising, it runs on both sides of my family and Iíve had odd symptoms for a while. Still sucks.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

I had a faulty screw in the armrest of my new desk chair which snapped in half.

Those screws also keep everything lined up so it doesnít lean too far back.

I ended up falling backwards and now my desk chair is more of a desk stool.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

Manager Hoyden posted:

Ha, you know what? You were 100% right. I ended up going to the doctor and that is exactly what it was.

Did you also have your sense of taste completely messed up? When I had sinus infections like that everything tasted incredibly bad.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

Captain Invictus posted:

do sinus infections cause massive thick yellow mucus tubes to constantly fill up your nose and sinuses

I remember having that happen a long long time ago, my head would be completely clogged and I'd blow my nose after waking up and like, these horrific yellow mucus "molds" of my nostrils and sinuses would end up on the tissue, just long connected tubes of mucus that looked kinda like flattened rigatoni or something. it was a bad time. to this day I have no idea what it was or what caused it.

Yes.

I would go into more detail but... yes.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

Wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

Iím listening to Tom Lehrer and getting super drunk at the behest of one of my friends who has been dead for 6 years. He was one of the funniest people I ever met and he was coming back from a tour of Afghanistan as an Apache helicopter pilot and got killed by a drunk driver at the airport. The dude saved my college Krav Maga club and is why it was one of the biggest ones on the east coast.

And I canít even visit his grave this year. Canít pour out a Monster. Canít even just say ďgently caress, dude, you missed a yearĒ