Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I've had the flu all week and can't remember the last time I slept properly. I'm so tired and everything hurts. :( :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
I took too much cough syrup and now I feel vaguely trippy and acidy but I'm not high enough to be having fun so I'm just lying in bed feeling sort of uncomfortable.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Oldpainless, more like Oldgameless :v:

My coworkers won't shut the gently caress up about food. It's all they talk about all day, non-stop. Do your loving work and shut up about food.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

princecoo posted:

Went to the hospital at 2am this morning because I couldn't take the pain anymore. So apparently I've blown out all the cartilage between my ribs on my right side, and the treatment is... pain management, until it settles on its own. Which it won't, as long as I have the cough. Also they gave me paracetamol and ibuprufen, with no relief, so they gave me some tylenol, which helped not at all, so then they gave me endone, which eventually allowed me to breathe less painfully and finally go the gently caress to sleep.

Work tomorrow is going to be just the most fun, I can't wait.

Are you taking some sort of cough suppressant?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

princecoo posted:

Yup. Barely worked, from coughing every 5 to 15 seconds to maaaaybe going nearly 30 - 45 without a fit.

As it is now my cough has subsided a fair bit - I only really get going if I move, or encounter air conditioning, or a change in temperature, or breathe to deeply/shallowly. Mostly moving. If I'm lying in bed, or sitting at my computer, I'm generally good. Get up for any reason and it's time to feel like I'm breaking some ribs again.

Goondolences :( I had a bad cold a few weeks ago that triggered my asthma so I was coughing constantly unless I loaded up on Ventolin and Seretide. I also had whooping cough when I was a kid and that'd make me cough until I vomited so I was terrified I'd somehow caught that again.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Yesterday (Sunday) was a garbage fire. I decided to go into work in the morning to catch up on some stuff. Get to the office and the system is down. No worries, I'll go to Walmart on the way home to get some stuff. Get to Walmart and they literally had none of the things I needed. Then I got home and dropped my travel coffee mug getting out of the car and it shattered on the driveway.

Today the systems at work have been down all day so I have spent 8 hours sitting at my desk reading the forums on my phone. I want to die and I have to go back to Walmart on the way home to get a new travel mug.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Thin Privilege posted:

...I still have my bedframe from loving 1999, same for my mattress...

:gonk: If your mattress was a person it would be old enough to vote. Please get a new mattress.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Kelp Me! posted:

The kids across the street have a mother who is somehow stereotypically overbearing and protective and yet doesn't seem to give a poo poo that her kids' response to a car driving down the street is "continue riding bikes/scooters in circles on the street" and not "get the gently caress out of the way until the car is past"

It happens pretty often but today was extra annoying - I literally came to a complete stop as they biked down the dead center of the road, and one of the kids actually swerved into my car and almost fell into it. They're too young for me to think it's malicious, but god loving forbid I honk or say something to them, I can only imagine the righteous shitstorm of bile that would spew out of that lady's mouth if I dared tell their kids to be careful around cars on the road or something.

I swear I'm not a 70-year-old man.

There's a bunch of lovely kids that live on my street who do the same thing. They play chicken with cars and do dumb poo poo like throw balls across the street in front of cars. I yelled at them the first time they did it to me and they've never done it again and now avoid me instead of trying to talk to me. Sometimes you just have to be a grouchy old man to get your message across.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

ryonguy posted:

Surprise $500+ medical bill final notice today because the hospital refused to change my address despite me telling them my new address every time I was there every month for a year. Somehow your collection agency manages to find my address just fine, HMM

If you can somehow prove that you provided the correct address and never received the bill because it went to your old address they may be willing to waive the collection fees. I work in medical billing and we'll waive fees if the doctor didn't put the right address on the original paperwork or things like that.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Thin Privilege posted:

Today I realized that a manager I befriended, and who now is now disliked by my company, may use texts I sent to her complaining about stuff could be used against me if she shows them to other people. I should really trust NO ONE.

Never send a text message or email that you wouldn't want read out in a court room :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
I forgot to get my meds refilled and have missed two days worth of doses so I'm manic af and can't go to the chemist until lunch time.