Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

This is a few days of shittiness. I got a letter in the mail saying they were dropping my son's SSI payment next month to $0, because they somehow estimated my partner would be making more than double what he actually makes in a month. So that was stressful, and then I got to sit in the SSA office with all the paperwork showing actual income, child support payments for my son's half siblings (since that affects how much income they count), and whatnot. Now I get to just sit around and wait for them to input all that information, to hopefully get his payments sorted back out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Biplane posted:

Broke and all my remaining food got spoiled when the power was cut due to roadworks. My next pay is all earmarked for rent so i guess i’ll be on a water diet for the next three weeks.

If there are food banks in your area, this is the sort of thing they're absolutely there for. If you're really lucky, it'll be one with access to fridges and freezers, so they can hand out meat and dairy as well. But even if not, it'll be a good way to shore up your supplies of boxed and canned goods, and potentially some produce and breads depending on the food bank.

For days when you're not working, or the hours are convenient, any soup kitchens in your area can be a good way to get a hot meal for free.

Assuming you're in the US or Canada (I think they have it), you can call 211 to help find any resources available in your area. What is available is very dependent on your area, but when these things are available, they're there to be used.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I woke up this morning with a cold, and it feels like my sinuses and ears are about to explode.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I found out a good friend of mine is most likely not going to live through the year. Things just kept coming up, and I haven't been able to see them as much as I would have liked over the past years, and now time is running out.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I've been making plans to get see friends of mine (married couple), since they moved out this way (about two hours away) for better medical care for her. Her prognosis was "within a year" basically. Unfortunately, no one expected that meant "In about a month", due to a sudden turn for the worst.

I knew I needed to be fast about getting out there, but....I didn't know just how little time there really was.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I didn't watch One Punch Man until fairly recently, entirely out of spite for a person like that.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I have a really bad cold, and all I want besides to not be sick is a big bowl of crab soup like my grandma makes. I lack any of the ingredients for it except for copious amounts of Old Bay, and so I am sick and sad.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Landlord is selling our house, so we gotta get. We have a few months, but moving still sucks, and I don't wanna, and *whinebitchcomplain*

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Hours got cut from 40 to 32 with no warning, which with my pay and being overnight is almost $100 off my paycheck.

However, they're about to learn two very important facts.

1) I wasn't telling them when they'd scheduled me and another person off for the same night (which is not supposed to happen) out of the goodness of my heart. I did it because it makes my life easier.

2) I am perfectly willing to make my life more difficult for the sake of being a petty dick.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

The Moon Monster posted:

The Red Cross sends me apparel with the slogan "Heroes for Babies" on it because apparently my blood is for babby. I wore some out today and 2 separate people tried to strike up a conversation about the anti-abortion cause with me while I was buying groceries.

Your blood is Super Rare, if you got the Heroes for Babies stuff. Means you're either O negative or positive (already uncommon), and also have never been exposed to CMV (super duper uncommon, something like 50% or more of all adults are carriers by age 40). CMV is very dangerous to infants, so the Red Cross is after that blood like it's liquid gold.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Have had a splitting headache this entire shift. On break right now and trying not to just lay down and die.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

We are amazingly short staffed at work, and my one coworker and myself are the only two left in our section. We're slowly drowning.

Having a paycheck is nice, and being backed by a union means they can't gently caress us over quite as effectively as they could if the union wasn't there. But there's still just so. much. to. do. and we're only two people.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I really tried to drive to the store I work out, to see if I'd be able to get myself to work tonight since my partner isn't in town right now, and I just couldn't do it. Some years back I started having panic attacks while driving, and it's just gotten worse and worse over time. I made it like two minutes from our apartment, and had to sit in the parking lot of a gas station trying to calm down, scarfing down some food I bought in said gas station, and trying not to cry, before I could manage the two minute ride back home.

I hate this, so much. I want to be able to go places on my own, without having to pay for a ride or get one from my partner/friends. But it's just too much.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

To add to the shittiness that is not being able to drive myself to work while walking there last night some asshat swerved at me when I was walking along the side of the road. Had to pretty much jump out of the way and tripped onto my knee. So not only does my knee hurt like hell, I have to wash my work pants again after just washing them yesterday.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

skooma512 posted:

Saw a cockroach crawl out from behind the heater, and this morning saw a smaller one on my TV.

It's not spotlessly clean in my apartment but I do keep up with the dishes and trash. I eat at the coffee table by the heater but only to set a plate down.

I'm gonna put out boric acid and poison bait. If I keep seeing them I'm going to tell the landlord because I'm pretty sure they're coming from somewhere else or otherwise in the walls.

Since you're in an apartment, it's veeeeeeery likely another unit next to, above, or below you is the origin, if you keep your own place reasonably clean. Infestations in units are notorious for spilling over to neighboring units.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

My uncle died unexpectedly. Basically had a major but otherwise routine spinal surgery. Recovery was going good, until it suddenly wasn't, and then he was gone.

I'm processing my own emotions well enough. I want to help my aunt and cousin somehow, though, but am limited by the fact that I live hours away. My mom is going to get with me so we can order a big thing of cookies or a meal, or something, but I just feel like I want to and should do more somehow.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I have a sinus infection and it sucks, a lot. I spent a large chunk of time curled up on the floor of my shower, hoping it would do something for the sinus pressure, as nothing else was working (it helped, a bit).

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Then 3 months from now when most of the staff is gone & work isn't getting done: "Whyyy can't we keep anyone?!??! Nobody wants to work WAAAAHHHHH"

This is my previous job right now (Kroger!). I saw what was coming and got out while the getting was good, but from what my friends who still work there say, the staffing issues are even worse and management is badly trying to course correct, and only making it worse!

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Pretty sure someone who swore up and down he was going to buy my old TV off of me is about to flake on me. I really could have used the money.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

My glasses broke today. I don't have a spare pair. I can get around well enough, but I am extremely nearsighted, so there are some things I just can't do now until I get a new pair.

and remember to buy some spares this time

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I got laid off today. Technically furloughed, but everyone can see the writing on the walls, and the company is clearly in its death throes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Someone hire meeeeeee! I am throwing out applications at anyone who even looks like they're hiring. I have completely open availability because I am completely jobless! Arrrrgh!