Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013

InediblePenguin posted:

i have a lot of problems and all of them boil down to the fact that i'm a big stupid idiot who's just so god drat dumb

I stabbed myself in the eye with my toothbrush, this morning. Fortunately, it was the numbing toothpaste for sensitive teeth, so I still don't know if I hurt myself or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013

I had covid-19 in April, didn't need hospitalization or anything.

I have covid-19 again, began Sept 29th. It is so mild that I barely can tell I'm sick, but I still have to quarantine for two weeks. Hopefully, it will not last 25 days, like the last time.

Bah, humbug!

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013

I am on my second go-round of COVID-19, and it is definitely getting worse since Day 14. It's Day 16. At least I don't have the ton of fatigue, this time. Last time, it lasted 25 days. This time, it's paperwork season and my health insurance has to be recertified by the end of the month, and I can't go to the copy shop. (I am going to owe my very good friend a whopper of a Christmas present for all the help she's been this year.)

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013

I HAVE SOLVED THE MYSTERY OF COVID-FARTS and I wish to publicize it so others can enjoy fartless COVID-19!!!!

Short version: It induces temporary lactose-intolerance, which results in flatulence/diarrhea/cramps/bloating.

Treatment: Switch to lactose-free milk while sick with COVID-19. You can go back to real milk once you are well.

Long version, so you can skip this if you don't care: I'm on my second round of COVID-19. First round, in April, lasted 25 days, and I had covid-farts for about 20 of it. This round started Sept 29, so I'm on Day 20. The very good friend who does my grocery shopping when I'm sick was talking about going on a trip, so I asked for Fairlife milk instead of real milk, cuz its use-by date is farther away, plus it's high protein so if I got too sick to cook, I could just have a big glass of milk-based beverage to wash down my zillion pills I take every day, and call it supper. Also, their chocolate milk isn't too bad for no-sugar-added and has the same amount of sugar as non-choco, real milk.

Fairlife is also lactose-free. Instead of huge amounts of loud, stinky farts, I had one or two medium-loud, moderately-stinky farts per day. Then, this Friday, I switched back to real milk, and several hours later developed full covid-farts! TA-DA!!!! Somehow, covid-19 induces thank-god-it's-temporary lactose intolerance.

Now, I just have to convince a few doctors and scientitians to recommend this approach to enough covid-fart sufferers to turn it into a real study, and my Nobel Prize For Medicine is in the bag!

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013

Astrofig posted:

HOLY gently caress

I honestly thought Ihad cancer or some poo poo,or like, ulcers the pain and bloating got so bad. I'm gonna start testing this.

Hope it helps!

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013

I have had no sound on my laptop for a month or so. There was a software update that killed my sound. Updating drivers was supposed to fix it, but did not. (Updated them twice, now.) Friend suggested USB sound card, it arrived and I tried it this morning with my external speakers. . . and it did not fix it. Still no sound! Bah, humbug.

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013

Life is being extremely petty to me: One single button on my watch decided not to work any more, so my watch is now stuck permanently in Daylight Saving Time. New watch will arrive about the 5th, because OF COURSE my local Walmart no longer has a jewelry counter where I used to be able to buy cheap Casio digital watches.

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013

Spent half an hour of phone-minutes straightening out a pharmacy problem that everyone blames on everyone else. Never did figure out who the Rx pink-eye drops were meant for, but at least it was just a paperwork goof and not a scam or drug-seeker.

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013

His Divine Shadow posted:

Accidentially stepped on my cats paw and it was bad enough we had to go the vet. Seems fine now at least, and gets painkiller just in case.

I sprained something in my neck and it hurts like hell too.... Also on painkillers but I need something stronger...

Muscle relaxant like Flexeril might help more than extra painkillers.

-------------------
For myself:
Good: Scheduled my first COVID-19 vaccine shot for yesterday, Friday, so I'd have all weekend in case of side effects/symptoms, such as. . .
Bad: COVID FARTS! I forgot to go dairy-free, so, naturally, it gave me the lactose-intolerance symptom. And a mildly sore throat, but I don't need the windows open for that. At least I don't have pink eye, this time.

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013

I realized as I opened my duck that I had forgotten to buy an apple and 2 plums to stuff inside. Good thing I'm dining alone!

On the plus side, my plum sauce came out pretty great.

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013

In today's episode of Stupid Things Done By A Preschool, we find that someone donated a tiny bicycle with a 'horn' that is a squeaker toy! Kids love squeaker toys!

Still not as bad as the time they taught them how to make monkey noises.

(Weekends and evenings are great, naturally, as I merely have a nice view of a great playground instead of the side of another building, and the kiddies are at home.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013

Latest software update (I guess) killed off my cursor/pointer thingy. Last year, an update killed off my sound. I "fixed" the sound by getting a USB sound card. I am using a plug-&-play mouse with my laptop, which at least gives me a cursor/pointer arrow. . . but I'm going to have to grit my teeth and buy a new computer.

First world problems, I know, which is why I'm just dropping a grumpy comment here.

This comp: HP something or other, not over 5 yrs old.