Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

I just wasted all my charitable impulse for the day on a wet lump of fuzz.

InediblePenguin posted:

i don't even know why my day is lovely today i'm just having massive panic attacks and randomly began to weep while driving home from work this afternoon??? what the gently caress is wrong with me. i'm just, like, stupid and i'm not even funny to make up for it. having a really rough time for no specific reason

This happens. Don't ever blame yourself for odd body behaviour. At least for me, sometimes, even at the best of times, things get weird and I feel all weepy and feeling down and stupid without a real cause, even up to some mild anxiety (although not full-blown panic attacks, thanks God). Nowadays I just ride it out, chalk it out to "ok body/hormone levels acting up today, nbd it'll pass and I'll feel good again".

Try not to think too hard about it, maybe take it easy today/tomorrow if you can, cry if you need to (no use bottling poo poo up), maybe watch a good movie or relax, and don't beat yourself up thinking of a cause/what's wrong, because sometimes bodies just do odd poo poo. It's nothing terrible or unusual and you are not stupid or dumb, so keep up and you'll feel better soon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Skypie posted:

My cat had a stroke a couple days ago. the vet said he's doing as well as could be expected and seemed positive about his recovery. But it's just stressful watching him not really wanna move cuz he's dizzy/unbalanced and not be his usual playful self or not pounce on us for cuddling.

He was the first major decision my wife and I made when we moved in together in 2012 so he just means a lot to both of us, and I just want the little guy to be ok

Had that happen twice to two different cats. First one, 7-8 years old, had a bad time with the dizzyness (also was semi-feral and did not trust people) but recovered perfectly. She's now 17 and still strong.

Second one was 17 too and got them badly (probably from a brain tumor, the vet said) but it took four different episodes spaced two months to finally get her brain way too damaged to operate. Despite being old, blind and sick she recovered from the first three and was able to walk straight in a matter of days.

It is not so bad a condition in cats as it is on people. They bounce back from it. So fingers crossed for your kitty and stay strong, he'll probably be better in no time. Though most of the time it just happens and there's no real cause (again, vet words) take note if the episodies repeat, tho, there may be an underlying cause that you want to investigate.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Hedrigall posted:

I cut my thumb open right through the blood vessel and nerve on the inner side of the joint, woo

Oh poo poo . Hope you make a full and speedy recovery, that sucks big time.

I remember being a fresman in college and having the lab teachers yell at everyone to stop using the crystal pipette with our thumbs. One teacher that actually stopped to explain why was like "in your index fingertip, there are no tendons. Now your thumb (gestures)... guess what happens if you press the crystal with way too much force?". That was graphic enough to get everyone to stop.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

DrBouvenstein posted:

Great, the Johnson and Johnson vaccine has been pulled because 6 people got blood clots.
Six...out of 6.8 million people vaccinated. Granted, I'm not an epidemiologist or immunologist or any sort of doctor or scientist, but that seems like REALLY low odds.

I was scheduled to get that vaccine today at 1 PM but not anymore.

This has been the case for Oxford-AstraZeneca here (with so far one local death that can be attributted to blood clots out of a good million or so vaccinated people). As that was the only vaccine being used for younger folks, now it's only being used for the 60+ population (because clot risk is lower there I think?). A good number of teachers and healthcare people have gotten just the first AZ dose and don't know when or if they are getting the second one. Meanwhile TV keeps pumping up the issue all day - the local teacher who died, and four more cases in all of Europe, and then "Janssen also got six cases so no vaccine is secure!". So people are panicky and many are just saying they won't vaccinate because you can die from it - while the ICUs start getting pumped full of younger folks. It's a mess .