Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

So depressed and disgusted with myself that I couldn't even muster up the energy to go to work today or even deliver my son to kindergarten so I've been doing jigsaw puzzles with my almost three year old son for the last seven hours hating myself intensely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Today my girlfriend, the mother of my 3 year old son, told me she's been loving a coworker for the last two months and she wants to break up.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Man if only it was some elaborate internet joke.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

InediblePenguin posted:

a tree fell through the roof of my bedroom at 4 am. We went to the inlaws' place and my lovely racist mother in law who already didn't like me the first time we met loving let my cat out of his carrier in an unsupervised shed and now he's gone and I can't find him and I don't know what to do

:murder:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

heavy with child, I snuck out to the stables to see my beloved, Jareth, the one good soul in my wretched existence, but upon reaching them a frightful sight awaited me: Jareth hanging from the rafters and the terrible King, my husband, laughing madly as the guards seized me and dragged me to the Tower of Solitude

goondolences

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Day 2 of living on my own since my fiance left me for another man and I am a loving wreck, been sitting in my underwear eating chinese food and getting drunk all day, I honestly feel physically ill like I have a fever. Kept it together through the moving process on account of not ruining things for my son but now I am hosed.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

My day turned lovely when I remembered I'm deeply in debt and stuck in a job I hate with no way out except winning the lottery or suicide.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

My day was lovely today for many reasons, chief among them the realisation I cant even be happy when I'm spending the day with my son. I can only imagine the deep depression I will fall into after tomorrow when I have to spend the whole day with my former in-laws, my ex (the mother of my son) and the man she dumped me for.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

phone got shut down because I havent paid my phone bills in three months, Im flat loving broke, in crippling debt, depressed, and I somehow have to keep it together for my son

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

my life can increasingly be summarized with linkin park lyrics.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Thanks a lot facebook memories for bringing up a real special moment between me and my ex from 7 years ago. Thanks for the feels.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Picnic Princess posted:

Regarding my post in the awesome day thread, my coworkers completely dismissed all the work I put into reducing theft in my store and just kept making excuse after excuse instead of just accepting I did something good for them while struggling with my illness. Glad to know how useless they really think I am. I don't understand. I'm trying so hard to keep up and do what I can to do a good job and no one cares. It hurts. A lot.

Never do more than the absolute bare minimum, my dude.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Your coworker is right.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

remember to keep a mongoose or two, just in case

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Some fuckhead in Germany apparently hacked my League of Legends account and charged 500 euros worth of whatever ingame currency it uses on my credit card. Riot games says it'll take minimum 3-5 days to fix leaving me without money for bills and food the next week.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Broke and all my remaining food got spoiled when the power was cut due to roadworks. My next pay is all earmarked for rent so i guess i’ll be on a water diet for the next three weeks.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

oh yeah I'm a huge fan of ramen. Spice that bastard up a little, maybe you'll find some extremely cheap cuts of meat or some sausage or whatever, you basically have a normal meal if you squint a little bit.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

about 65% of my company voted to reduce pay for the bottom 50% of performers to give massive bonuses to the top 10% and now I'm bummed because that's how the world works in general

drat that’s stupid :capitalism:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Got a new job which is good but because I was hired at the end of june I won't get paid until loving august 10th, the unemployment fucks are jerking me around cause TECHNICALLY I am doing labor for pay, even though I won't see any pay for almost another month. Due to this I'm late on rent, power, internet, phone, all the things a person needs to live. Oh and my new boss is into wage theft apparently and I am literally the only one at my new job who thinks it's hosed up and illegal so now I am going to have to make a scene about this in like my second full week of employment. gently caress ME.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I'm so happy for you!

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Never anime.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Tonight I had a dream where I was debt free, in a 2 bedroom apartment out in the sticks, and it was summer. I woke up to my mountain of debt, my lovely 1 bedroom in the city, and it was raining and cold as balls. Totally destroyed any hope of having a good day.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

mind the walrus posted:

That's what I mean by "no option left but escalate." That would work, but then it creates an even more hostile environment for the remaining 5 months while I struggle to scrounge up the money to move (I'm working 3 jobs already and can barely afford my bills). My roommate is very petty and vindictive, and I leave my dog alone with her. She's already pulled the insane move of contacting my girlfriend behind my back to try and complain about me, then blowing up at her when she told my roommate to kick rocks. She thinks I'm that I don't know that she did this.

I'm sure I could find a room somewhere that I could afford, it's 100% saving up the moving costs and the fact that even one unexpected event could send me into serious trouble.

How many floors is a habitat normally? Also I'm sorry about those box turtles. It sounds like you guys have a lot of work and little time to do it.

It sucks but you didn't create the lovely situation - your roommate did. You not escalating things because you don't want to rock the boat further is what she's banking on. Escalate the situation. Things are going to be lovely so why not make them lovely for her too?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Prolapsed my loving lower back and it completely blows, I can barely move and may have to be hospitalized. :( this could completely destroy my plans with my son this holiday. He lives most of the time with his mom and we haven't seen each other in like 10 weeks due to both of us being quarantined several times. gently caress

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I'm back whining about my prolapsed disc which is better but it still hurts, and it hurt so bad initially that every time I exert myself and my back hurts a little extra I feel like I'm having a mini panic attack. I know physical activity is the way to heal it, and I do try to move around as much as possible but I'm actually terrified every time I sit down or stand up or bend slightly too far in the wrong direction. I can barely sleep because I wake up in a panic every time my back says "gently caress you", which is often.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

My slipped disk may have resulted in nerve damage (??) and it may require surgery (????)

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Rainbow Knight posted:

Dang that sucks. Sorry friend

Thank you

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Selecta84 posted:

My results for my testicular cancer are a bit muddled. I should have gotten a plan for further treatment but my blood test results don't correspond with expected results after the removel of my cancerous testicle. So 4 more weeks until another blood test. Either the blood test shows a better result or they have to check for more cancer, check my liver, maybe chemo or something else. I'm just so frustrated and angry right now. I thought I could at least be sure about the further cancer treatment but hey, no luck on that front. Just more waiting and hoping that everything is alright. And still no one to comfort me. I just feel so empty.

Hang in there brother, I'm rooting for you

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

My dang bed is too soft; it's murder on my back. I have to sleep on my old couch which is a little better at least. I wish my body had chosen a less dramatic way to tell me I'm getting old. :(

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

One of the fans inside my laptop is busted and now I have to dismantle the whole loving thing to clean the fans and hope it was just dirty and not broken!! :argh:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

My laptop died for good I think and i can't afford a replacement

And I had a dream where a spirit showed me a "bad" version of myself, sitting in a basement doing acid and listening to nine inch nails, playing dungeons and dragons with my big titty goth girlfriend and our friends. Motherfucker this is way better than my actual life, gently caress!! Was so shook i couldn't fall back asleep so I am tired and extra gruntled

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Dang :( I'm sorry for your loss.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Me again. posted:

Flogging Molly has been doing a lot of heavy lifting for me lately! Always despised them (pretentious lyrics, and for a long time I thought the singer's accent was terrible minstrelry rather than just his accent), but a couple of days after my dad left I heard If I Ever Leave This World Alive by accident and was so overcome with outrage at the sheer gall of that man's suggestion that the world really hasn't ended that I was able to get going again and function. I would rather that my dad still be alive and that I still didn't like Flogging Molly. But Flogging Molly has good songs about death and I recommend their death songs highly now if you want to think about the nature of death while being simultaneously entertained. :)

Devil's Dance Floor!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2OC_lDrsRw

Thank you, I will give it a listen. Today is a listening-to-music-on-the-couch kinda day. And I wish you luck in your dating endeavours :)

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

if they ruined your life I hope you're prepared to ruin theirs

Agreed. Have the animals stalk and hunt them.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Was tipped about an apartment for rent that would be a massive upgrade for me space-wise, two bedrooms, not a spider infested dank cellar, a garden, cheaper, just an amazing opportunity I can not avail myself of because the county won't let me break my current lease with my slumlord who is "struggling" like we "all" are, according to the fucker i talked to

I take painkillers to deal with my hosed up back, the painkillers make me extremely constipated and due to poverty i cant afford laxatives so while my back may not make me want to kill myself my stomach does, I have spent the last six hours trying to poo poo more desperately than anyone ever

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Good god drat, why is it so hard to find someone who can reliably relieve me in the mornings?

Wait, I know the answer to that. Because Payroll is staffed by dildos and fools, and completely hosed up paying the last person who was supposed to take that shift, so they quit
:ughh:

Just leave when your shifts over? gently caress em

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

nesamdoom posted:

Day 55 without seeing my son, because 3 years ago I didn't know his mum was going to turn out to be the worst chick I've ever met.

Im sorry :( I hope it works out and you get to see your son, that fuckin blows

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

GoodyTwoShoes posted:

Day 63 of my third bout of covid. How long do I have to stay sick to win a prize?

Just six more days, hang in there buddy

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Nothing unusually bad happened today, but it dawned on me as Im waving goodbye to my son and watching his train roll out, that this is like the millionth time I have stood here in this situation for the last three years: broke, no job, will probably be evicted, in poor physical AND mental health. Time to start collecting empties again and hope I manage to scrounge up the money to see my kid next week too. Oh and also rent, electricity, food, all the luxuries. Holy gently caress I'm so tired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

have you used the goonfund before? it could probably help you out at least for the moment.

I think it got shut down. Last time I checked, several months ago (when I was in the same situation, having had the same realization :haw: ) it was shut down for scamming or thread drama idk.