Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
OOC Thread
Influence Thread

You’ve already spent some time adjusting to living in your new base provided by the Heroes of Harmony initiative. Additionally, it seems like due to the Fuseon Border Watch, your base has some nifty gadgets, like a teleportal, that other teams could only dream of having. Go you guys!

The base is separated into two parts. Above ground, you have the living quarters nestled inside a forest on the outskirts of town close to the Fuseon border. From the outside, there doesn’t look to be any extravagant technology. However, underground, there’s a large technological facility with training ground and other laboratories, courtesy of the Fuseon Border Watch.

The team is now gathered around a large TV screen in the living quarters, waiting to watch the new video that the Heroes of Harmony Initiative put together for your team. Once you’ve all sat down together, the lights go down.

Opening Theme Song

For the first 16 beats, the team sits on top of a hill with a large tree overlooking Harmonia. Once the drums start to kick in, explosions can be seen happening in the city. Kitsu gets up and encourages all of her teammates to follow after her. They run towards Harmonia as the guitar kicks in, showing the title “Wyld Hunt” in stylistic font.

The next scene beings with Arc Voltaic sitting in meditation for a few still moments, before her eyes flash open and sparks of lighting shoot out from her body like a tesla coil. The camera then zooms out to show Kitsu sitting on a couch in fox-form next to her, bugging Arc Voltaic for scratches/belly rubs as the camera moves to her tails, causing a scene transition.

Sol is standing in a field, a gentle breeze ruffling his clothes and the grass, as he pulls back a glowing arrow and releases it. The arrow transitions to a scene where Frost Guard walks resolutely through a field in a blizzard, the white plane broken up by shadowy human shapes that are encased in ice as his eyes glow white.

Artemis is running across a roof top and the music builds, she leaps over the edge, P.A.N.D.O.R.A in hand. As she plummets, it shifts forms and fires off a grapple hook, from which she swings and leaps into the heart of battle in time to block an attack meant for someone else. As she turns to look at the crescendo of the song, she sees a hooded and robed figure and reaches for them but they fade into mist and she’s left surrounded by bad guys. She form-shifts and gets ready for the next wave.

At the chorus, the Camera drops in on a rail, and in comes Bossanova sliding down it. As he ramps off at the end of the rail, his Dubstep Thumper Guns seem to fly into his hand mid-flip, and he proceeds to open up on some faceless goons below, before landing with a huge burst of sound on impact!

A goon tries to flee from the members of Wyld Hunt, who are fighting in the background, but ends up running into a wall as the apparent 'door' just fades and the real door reappears a few feet to the right. Kitsu can be seen giggling at the man as the camera swerves to focus on Sol, who looses arrow after glowing arrow into a large stone creature while he hops between perches on lampposts, streetlights, and scaffolding on buildings. He finally shoots an arrow straight up into the air out of the shot and hundreds of arrows rain back down into the frame.

Images of Dance Commander, Silvia and El Divani and Fortissimo flash on the screen, with Fortissimo looming ominously over the team, casting a large shadow over them. The camera flies through the team and looks towards the sky. At the end, Kitsu is seen dragging her team into a final group photo. The screen flashes and a photo is left of the team.

Frostguard stands at the far left-hand side of the lineup, arms crossed high across his chest and looking directly at the camera, his terse expression and glowing white eyes giving him (what he hopes) is an imposing impression. Trying to be cool in another fashion than broody, Bossanova stands to his right, pointing finger gun upwards. Meanwhile, Kitsu is trying to put the bunny ears on Huntress and failing. Largely due to being small enough to having to jump to do so. Moving on is Huntress, a lot more concerned with Sol than the team pose, hanging off his shoulder. Sol on the other hand, is holding his bow and a glowing arrow. He looks a little uncomfortable with how close she's getting. Finally, Arc Voltaic is standing right in the back, looking away from the others and downwards, arms folded across her chest using closed off body language.

Loud clapping rings through the halls as the promotional video finishes. Dance Commander seemed to get a large kick out of seeing you guys make your TV debut as he jumped out of his seat and addressed the group, carrying with him a holographic dossier.

“Nice job with the vid guys. You totally rocked it! Almost makes up for the fact that you blew up half a TV studio. So, yeah, if you dudes didn’t already know, the name’s Dance Commander and I’m gonna be your supervisor during your time as Wyld Hunt. Now, first thing’s first, time to announce your leader! Now I’ve tallied up all your votes and the person who you have voted to be your leader is…. Wait, what?”

Dance Commander looked utterly baffled as he read the dossier. He made sure to read it again, as if checking to see if he was being delusional. Once he realized that he was not going crazy, he turns towards Kitsu.

“So, for some reason, you guys voted Kitsu to be your leader. Hopefully, you’ll lead your team to victory instead of just going off and doing whatever you kitsune dudes think is fun. This role has a lot of responsibility since you’re gonna be responsible for your team’s image, got it dudette? For one thing, don’t be late for team meetings. That totally kills the vibe, got it?”

He lets out a quick sigh, his face unreadable behind his sunglasses. He’s obviously a bit frustrated by the team’s somewhat questionable choice in leader. He flicked through his dossier a little bit more as he continued to talk.

“In any case, I gotta go through the rules. Basic stuff, don’t break the law, that’s a given. Try to limit collateral damage if you can, poo poo’s expensive around here, though we understand if that’s hard to avoid. Don’t be racist and try to keep up a good image. Blah blah blah, represent us well, don’t be an idiot. Basically, if you have to question whether or not something is dumb, it’s safe to assume that you shouldn’t do it.”

Just as he finished talking, the room begins to flash red as a loud siren wails in the background. A notification appears on Dance Commander’s dossier, which expands for him to read.

“Good news everyone, you’ve got your next mission. Three suspicious figures have been spotted in the Trivana warehouses. Go check out what’s going on and stop them before they do anything crazy. There’s a lot of dangerous stuff there. Oh, and try to be more careful this time.”

- - - - -

As you arrive at the Trivana warehouses, there are signs that the high-security area has been broken into. As you begin to search, you hear sounds coming from the one of the warehouses closest to you. Taking a peek inside, you see three figures: a samurai cyborg and a smart-looking girl with a cybernetic dog. The room is filled with magitech weapons that have not been released to the public due to being deemed too volatile for safe use or too dangerous for the general public. Unless you want to risk blowing up the entire warehouse, it’d be best to try and not disturb any of the devices here.

That’s not stopping the two, however, as they are trying to shove as many devices as they can into a bag that, for some reason, looks to be able to take a never-ending amount of things. You should probably stop them, right?

Everyone

What did you think about the promotional video and Kitsu being nominated the leader? Is there something in the base that is just your favourite thing in the world and now you can’t imagine living without it?

Kitsu

Woah, this is a lot to take in a short period of time. How do you feel about being given all that responsibility? Additionally, Dance Commander seems to have a grudge against you. Did you do anything to deserve that?

Sol

After your first mission, you didn’t seem to impress your family that much. Why weren’t they as impressed as you hoped they’d be? Also, Mara Bishop seems to have hooked you up with some new experimental magitech that she wants you to test on the field. What’s up with that and what does it do?

This counts as picking up new gear for No Powers and Not Nearly Enough Training.

Artemis

Wasn’t it such a nice gesture from the Fuseon Border Watch to provide all this fancy tech for you and your team? Admittedly, they probably won’t be happy to hear that Kitsu is the leader of your team, especially Watch Leader Raymond Harrison. How are you going to break the news to them, if at all?

Frost Guard

Are you feeling nervous about using your powers here? There’s a lot of expensive and dangerous tech here and it’s not like your powers are subtle or anything. Then again, you have been training a lot with Altea recently. Has she taught you anything new or helped you gain more control over your powers?

Bossanova

Oh god, can you believe that Dance Commander is now in charge of you? Talk about the shoe being on the other foot! How are you feeling about this change of power? Additionally, are you aware of any moves Fortissimo has made since the first mission? He doesn’t seem the type to leave any loose threads behind and he does feature quite prominently in the promotional video…

Arc Voltaic

Hey, doesn’t that cyborg look familiar to you? He does seem like someone from your past in the Order of the Short Circuit. After what happened at the studio, have you heard from your connections anything about Fredrik Skavlan’s movements?

What do you do?

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Sep 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

Fre: +0 | Dan: +1 | Sav: +1 | Sup: -1 | Mun: +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions:

And here we are, in the big house, with a big base and nothing has gone wrong yet. This state of affairs will not last forever and so Fidel intended to make the most of it as he could. And the base had all sorts of stuff an aspiring tech-based superhero could want, for example a Workshop just for him! Well just for the team but for the moment Bossanova was the only one who used it frequently in his ever growing quest to improve his equipment. Now if he could just install some sort of lock on the door of his bit, so that certain people won't keep making a mess of his things it would be perfect. Last week she put all the screws he had sorted by size into different draws! And then he came back and found that they were in the same draws all along and he had just made a mess of them and had to sort them all over again! Sometimes Kitsu really got on his thongas he swore, but he never could stay mad at her for any period of time. It was like a secondary superpower or something.

Watching his new intro movie Bossanova wonders if maybe he should have added some mysterious symbolism to his section about he future identity but, well it wasn't exactly a secret and he wasn't that keen on advertising it at the best of times. Besides, that looming ominous shot of Fortissimo over the group? That felt like a very deliberate call out by the Heroes of Harmony against the Fortunate Sons, and Bossanova was very nervous about what might happen if they answered it. Fortissimo was not the sort to lash out at perceived slights, but he was the sort to remember them for later. And he was very patient on that front.

For all intents and purposes it was a perfect showing of what the team could do and would possibly overshadow the part where half a TV studio accidentally blew up during the course of their first super-heroic outing. And here was the other rub, Dopey Stan is now his boss. Stanley was never the sharpest knife in the drawer Fidel was pretty sure but he had his heart in the right place and now here he was big famous superhero and now supervising his own team of junior superheroes. He felt proud for him, he really did he made it up out of the mess they had started in a lot better then he did. He watched as Dance Commander ruffled through his sheets to confirm our boss and then-

It was Kitsu "What, but, just, what?" He was not going to look at Kitsu, he was going to look at anything but Kitsu right now, he could just imagine the look on her face right now and he remembered the comment he made earlier in the week of 'Yeah sure you'll become the boss Kitsu, when pigs bloody fly'. He was never going to hear the end of this was he? He didn't even hear the rest of the rules being read out to him before the siren went off.

Bossanova didn't hesitate for a moment.

---

MAGITECH WAREHOUSE

And we get to here, two goons and a dog, in a quiet warehouse, with quite possibly enough illicit magitech to start a war and these two were here to do... What? Sell it? Use it? Display it over the mantelpiece? Eat it?

He tapped his earpiece. "Alright dear leader how do you want us to go about this one?"

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Sep 21, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Fre: +0 | Dan: 0 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: +1

Kitsu walks into the room in fox form... holding an ice cream cone upright with her tails. She gracefully sails over the others and then turns into her human form on the couch.

"So, who's the leader now? Sol? Artemis?"

Kitsu breaks into laughter as it's announced that she's the leader of the team.

"You guys... are great. Hahaha!"

And then Dance Commander continues on with his speech. Seems like he's annoyed by her. Perhaps it has something to do with her retuning all of his music devices until they produced horrible grating noises. So basically no difference, right?

"Appreciate the trust, Dork Commander. But don'tcha worry, I will lead Kitsu and Friends to ALL the victories! ... Wait, we're not called Kitsu and Friends? Awww..."

Barely managing to take a few licks off the ice cream before the sirens blared, Kitsu sighs. She wasn't nearly done raiding the rapid-refill snack machine, after all!

"Alright team, let's goooooooo!"

Taking the ice cream cone with her, she effortlessly keeps pace with Bossanova, even taking licks of icecream as she does so. In the meantime, flying pigs appear to be flying ahead of Bossanova, no matter which directions he turns. Surely this is not a reference to anything!

Magitech Warehouse

Poking her head out from the doorframe in a somewhat comical fashion for a second, Kitsu quickly scans the room.

"Well, my idea was that Sparkly fries that stupid dog looking thing, then we engage the dofus with the sword and the girl. Preferably with Frost Guard freezing that sword guy."

Waiting a moment, she continues.

See, the girl looks the least threatening so obviously she's the most threatening and the mastermind of the operation! ... unless it's the dog, which I doubt because ... it's head is a gun! ... Anyway before we do all that I'mma go sneak through the vents so I can get the jump on that girl. Does that work for you, or is it too boring? Cuz I have an idea how to spice this up! ... Maybe. Could result in us all exploding though..."

Assess the Situation: 2d6+3 7 What here is the biggest threat? and due to Criminal Mind, what’s the best way in/way past?

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Sep 20, 2016

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Fre: -1 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Magitech Warehouse
Extra Gear: Quantum-Arcano Translocator (Portal Creation)

Earlier...

I looked at the woman in front of me, a skeptical expression on my face. Mara Bishop. Her technical prowess was incredible. Her ability to ask the simple question of, "Is this something we should make?" Not nearly as impressive. I'm still worried about the cross-planar portal she's cooking up and then she had to go and make this. I looked back down at the device I was holding. An untrained observer might mistake it for a scope for a gun. Or, in this case, a bow. If the spiel she had been on for the last fifteen minutes was anywhere close to reality, this thing could rip a hole in the fabric of reality and connect it to a different point in space. Perfect for reaching vantage points and engaging from unexpected angles.

The only saving grace was that she swore up and down that it didn't have anything to do with her research into planar travel. Did I believe her? Well, no. Not particularly. But after my sad showing at the interview, I needed all of the gear I could manage. Perhaps I would regret this in the days to come. I sighed, "Alright, Dr. Bishop. I'll see about getting you some field data."

Picked up the Quantum-Arcano Translocator. (Ability: Portal Creation)

---

I tapped my fingers on the arm of the chair as we watched the promo video. It was pretty cool. My parts looked suitably heroic and sent the message that I was a valuable member of the team. I just wished that I felt that way. Our encounter at the interview had been a fiasco. There was all of the property damage, sure, but my arrows had just bounced right off the host. What was his name again? Nevermind, not important. Time enough to review the mission log later. Add in that I had a few stress-fractures in my leg after getting caught up in Frost Guard's ice wave and catching Artemis later in the mission and my mother was on my case. First for getting injured. And then for getting "fresh" with a teammate! No compliments for how well I avoided certain death by interview ninja, camera gatlings, or that incident where I had to duel the (apparently evil) hostess of Cooking While Powerful in a five-minute cooking battle. Her command of Riavellan cuisine (and ability to emit deadly energy blasts) was immense, but my Fuseon-Riavell fusion cuisine swayed the robo-judges and saved me from certain disintegration.

But no. It was all about the minor scrapes and completely coincidental ways that Artemis happened to fall into my arms during the mission. Not that I mind that last part much, to be honest, as she is quite attractive and a talented hero besides. Will I admit anything to that effect? Not to my mother and certainly not to Kitsu. Speaking of whom, it seemed she was elected to be our leader. I was quite satisfied. Clearly the others shared my eye for her talent. She would certainly be a handful, but I was confident that she would lead us to victory in our many battles to come.

My thoughts turned towards the base. The facility was nice. Incredibly so. The labs seemed to be well equipped, but the main feature that had drawn my attention was the kitchen. It had every ingredient imaginable and the tools to match. I needed to but think of something and it would appear from dimensional storage. It would serve me well in cooking fine meals and in preparing the customary offerings of inari-zushi to present to Kitsu.

---

Listening to Kitsu's orders, I nodded. My role was not specified, thus I was clearly to act as a free agent and address problems as they arose. A perfect distribution of forces. I twisted the sighting mechanism on the Translocator, quietly opening up several micro-portals in the air above the villainous trio. I scanned the area through the portals, using the unusual vantage points to my advantage. Surely one of the villains would be an appropriate target to start in on.

quote:

[15:45:12] <Tricky> Sol> Assess the Situation
[15:45:15] <Tricky> !r 2d6+1
[15:45:17] <Krysmbot> Tricky, 8+1 =

Who here is most vulnerable to me?

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Fre: +2 | Dan: +2 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +0 | Mun: +0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None | Location: Magitech Warehouse

Thankfully the base was surrounded by the woods. Some peace and relative quiet. Arc Voltaic had spent much of her time thus far simply meditating in the greenery surrounding the base. Legs in a complicated semi-lotus position that you couldn't copy unless your bones and joints were made of jelly. Magic thing, don't worry about it. Often hovering a few feet off the ground, the occasional spark of static electricity arcing off her and discharging into a nearby shrubbery or sapling. It almost reminded her of being back home in the Order of the Short Circuit. Comforting in a way, it really helped her. When life in the new team got too much, or her team-mates got to be too much, she had somewhere to retreat to.

Of course, there was no time for that now. She had to watch the promotional video of 'Wild Hunt', the name of the team she was now part of. Not the name she would have chosen, but ultimately it didn't matter what they were called. Arc chose to sit on the floor, as she often did, to watch the large screen. She didn't really concentrate on the video, instead feeling the power surging through the back of the monitor. And all the power lines running through the base. There was so much artificial thunder in this place, it was like listening to a massive heartbeat. More than a little distracting.

Kitsu was leader and the promotional video was crass and commercial. But Arc, in a fashion, didn't really care. She had no idea what being heroic meant, so if it was about being flashy and having a leader who couldn't tie her own shoes then so be it. Being magic, one had to accept that sometimes things are simply the way they are without much reason to it. The spirits act in mysterious ways, and if this was the will of the Thunderbird then so be it. Besides, not like Arc would be a better choice. She wasn't about to openly complain without offering a solution herself. She abstained for a reason.

"Congratulations, Kitsu." Arc nods to the leader of the team. "I'm sure you will lead us to many well fought victories." She says. "And congratulations on the video." She further adds. "I'm sure it will strike fear into the hearts of those who seek to oppose us. The first step to securing order." Arc hadn't actually been paying attention, and didn't know what the video had or what Kitsu was leader now exactly. But she was a team player!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Thankfully for Arc Voltaic, there was a mission to see to. She didn't need to force herself to be social any more. It was time for action, and she was good at that. Fearlessly, so goes with the others to the warehouse. Full of dangerous weapons, no doubt full of dangerous cyborgs too. It was almost like she was back in the Order of the Short Circuit. Except that now she probably shouldn't just hit the weapons and blow up the whole building. As a hero now, she had to avoid that sort of thing. Like Dance Commander said. Imminently doable.

But as she pokes her head into the warehouse and spots the assailants, Arc freezes. The woman and the dog were unfamiliar to her, but the man? That cyborg? She knew that mix of metal and flesh. From in the Order, one of her last few missions she carried out for them. She remember laying a trap, ball lightning just hovering in place. As he and two of his comrades got startled from the assault on the front, they ran for the back. And right into Arc's magic trap. drat near fried every circuit in their bodies. She and her patrol left them for dead, but clearly they had managed to reboot and crawl away. Did he even remember her? Her face? Her magic? Arc didn't know, but she sure as hell remembered him.

And what where they doing here? Something to do with their first mission, a ripple in the pond of fate? Maybe. But Frank had gone to ground, not even Dreamweaver had picked up anything about him. It might have been that, with his plans so throughly ruined, he was biding his time and waiting for a real opportunity to come up before striking. That was pure speculation though. But these two? Probably not working for him, or helping him. Heck, they might even be a supplier for Ali before they'd be helping Frank Skavlan.

Kitsu had given orders, but Arc was too wrapped up in her own head to listen. To be perfectly honest, she didn't care too much for anything the fox had to say on anything. Least of all on battle tactics. Regardless of that, Arc Voltaic had something else in mind. Her own redemption. This was something she caused, and she had to face it. Stepping out from the others, Arc walks into the warehouse. She makes no effort to be silent, nor no effort to arm herself.

"Hello?" She calls towards the pair. "Hello?" She repeats, slowly approaching them. "I think I know you." She says rather bluntly, eyeing the cyborg man rather than the little girl. "I think I may have done you a great injustice, one you didn't deserve. I want to say that I'm sorry…"

[2:35pm] Robodog: i guess piercing the mask? i dont know if there is an action to directly do what i want but it seems like i should roll something
[2:35pm] Robodog: !r 2d6
[2:35pm] Krysmbot: Robodog, 6 = 6
That's a fail. Unless A mirror darkly applies, in which case I'll use the +1 forward right now to make it 7 and ask the cyborg 'what do you want me to do?'

e: also!!
[4:10pm] jimmydaladphone: Hey Robodog I'm a complete idiot and forgot to ask if you could roll obligations for me :p
[4:13pm] Robodog: oh! i sure can!
[4:13pm] Robodog: !r 2d6
[4:13pm] Krysmbot: Robodog, 2 = 2
[4:13pm] Robodog: hah!

quote:

Mask: The Reformed
Look: Teenaged woman, Mediterranean, Shadowy eyes, Concealing fashion, Sleek costume
Abilities: Ferrokinesis Thunder Magic

Freak: +2
Danger: +2
Saviour: -1
Superior: 0
Mundane: 0

POTENTIAL BAR FILLED ONE TIME!

What the hell, hero:
Once per session, when you call out an injustice that a hero has perpetrated that counts as taking advantage of Influence over them, whether you have it or not.

A mirror darkly:
When you are faced with a mistake from your past, carry +1 forward to correct it. If you fail, mark Potential.

C'mon, Lucky
You have a pet of some kind, a smaller companion that helps you out. Detail it. Whenever your pet could help you on Directly Engage a Threat, Unleash Your Powers, Assess the Situation, take +1 to that move. If your pet ever gets hurt, treat it as taking a powerful blow.

Friends in Low Places
You have ties to villains from your previous career. Name three. For each of them, choose a specialty.

quote:

Brokkr

It’s just a name, he’s not actually Brokkr from myth. When we first met he tried to convince me of it, but I wasn’t quite that gullible. He’s not a dwarf or Norse, it’s just him boasting because he’s quite good with enchanted metal and an anvil. Which he is, there is no doubt about that. He can work enchantments from elemental magic into any weapon made in his forge, and because of this the Order often contracted him to provide weapons. Often ones charged with electromagnetic energy to fry electronics.

When I was an younger girl, I was given gopher duties and one of them was to pick up the orders from Brokkr. I never really needed any of the weapons myself, not with my thunder magic, but I appreciated what he did. More so than most people who just gave him orders to fill. He was making works of art, fusing magic into the physical realm. Not a lot of people realise that, I don’t think. And maybe that’s why he still talks to me after I turns against the Order.

Specialty: Weapons
Obligation: [x][x][x][O]

quote:

Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver was the one person I felt I could confide in while I was still in Riavell. I know trusting a person who sells secrets seems like a stupid thing to do, but it wasn’t like that. I didn’t see her on business from the Order. I didn’t see her to pry secrets free from the minds of others. I just went to see her to… see her, I suppose. Yeah.

So she’s a mage who specialises in the magic of dreams. And because of this, she is an excellent information broker. No data is solely kept in electronic or mechanical data banks. There is always some human connection. And the security in their heads is much weaker than on server banks. Especially when they’re asleep at the time.

Dreamweaver picks at the strands of dreams, manipulating and weaving dreams until she manages to pull forth the images she needs. The name of their former lovers. Social security numbers. Top secret plans to intercept a convoy when they least suspect it. Give Dreamweaver one night and a target and she can get you the information you need. I try not to ask too much of her, though. She’s in high demand enough as it is.

Specialty: Insider info
Obligation: [X][O][O][O]

quote:

Ali Baba

I like Ali, and I’m lucky she likes me. She is one of those mages that thrives through chaos and disorder, which never really worked with with an organisation called ‘the Order’. But I never let that get in the way of being friends. She was magical after all, not a cyborg, so it wasn’t like it was anathema to just talk to her.

She has a special skill of ‘getting things’. I’ve pressed her a lot on it but she never gives me a straight answer. From what I’ve pieced together, she and her network of ’forty thieves’ fleece demons and make deals with spirits to make a brisk trade on black market material. Human hearts. Monkey paws. Nearly anything you could need, she knows which being to con to get it and charge you through the nose for it.

Specialty: Resources
Obligation: [X][O][O][O]

When you create your character, mark two obligation on one villain, and mark one obligation on another.

When you come to them for help with your problems, mark Obligation on them, and they'll help out within their specialty. If all their boxes are full, then they will not help you until you help them.

At the beginning of each session, roll +your highest Obligation. On a 10+, they come crashing into your life with a crisis. On a 7-9, they call for a favour. On a miss, they don’t come knocking yet, but mark obligation with them — the debts are getting heavier.

When you help them with their problems, erase 2 obligation on them.

When our team first came together…
When the team formed we fought a terrible evil and they lost something precious. Who was it and what did they lose?

Relationships
I follow Artemis’s example of what a hero ought to be.
I did something terrible to Bossanova once. I hope they can forgive me one day.

Do you talk openly about your days as a villain? If so, give each team member Influence over you.

Robodog fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Oct 15, 2016

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
If I must die, I shall welcome Death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it.

Freak: +2 | Danger: +1 | Savior : +1 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: -1
Potential : 1/5 | Conditions: None | Location: Unseelie Court Dojo >>> Home Base >>> Magitech Warehouse

“You’re always like this.” A small voice said irritably, Altea stood at the top of a long circular pipe with her fists pressed into her hips. Shimmering flakes of snow drifted from shimmering wings made of ice as she tried her best to loom. “You’re always asking after reigns and leashes, ways to hold the frost in check. You’re the north wind, Cole, the cold and the ice are going to follow you for the rest of your long, long life.”

“Hm.” Cole grunted slightly in acknowledgement, opening and closing one hand as he looked along the curve of the pipe. Taking a deep breath to focus himself, he took a step forward before making an underhanded throwing motion, a flash of blue light following the sweep of his hand as he focused his powers. There were no white beam of energy as he better known for using, he wasn’t using that much power at the moment. Instead, a trail of white frost started just beyond the rim of the pipe, moving unerringly forward but also running up along the inside of the pipe, completing a corkscrew path before it exited out of the other side. A moment after the trail had finished its path, icy stalagmites extended out turning the inside of the palm into a jagged trap. His white eyes looked at his hand as he opened and closed it again, the curl of his lip suggesting that wasn’t what he’d been trying for. “Maybe. If I can’t get it under control though, I’m no use to anyone. I told you about—“

“No!” Altea declared, stomping her booted foot against the top of the pipe and causing it to ring. The icicles along the inside broke into fine powder, falling to lie along the bottom of the pipe, a cool gust of air clearing it out, “No guilt here.” She said, waving a finger at him like a perturbed older sister. Cole inclined his head at her slightly, the artificially constructed mask of his face showing no particular emotion.

“You Fuseoners don’t get it at all.” Altea muttered, pinching the bridge of her nose and taking a deep breath, “Look, you’re thinking of cold in terms of entropy. You degrade the heat energy, and the cold is what’s left. The fact that you keep thinking of it in those terms, ‘drinking heat, releasing cold’ is part of why you’re having these problems.” She hopped off of the pipe … and proceeded to plant both boots onto his upturned face.

“Mrph.” He protested under her heel.

“Hush, not while I’m instructing.” She said, lightly flapping the back of her coat clear as she knelt down, “Heat, cold, summer, winter, it’s all about cycles. The ice and snow aren’t just energy, they have a will, behaviors, patterns. You can’t just beat a dog whenever it barks and hope it’ll turn mute, it’ll bite back. Barking is part of what it is. If you want to learn how to use the ice, you’ve got to learn to understand it’s nature. Trying to contain it, to break its will, already cost you one body.” Altea hopped down from Frost Guard’s head, her wings fluttering slightly as she neared the ground to allow her to land lightly.

“Your power is a lot bigger than you are, you’re going to have to learn how to bend it to your will. That’ll require some compromise on your part, which you’re still too proud to admit.” She said, resting a single finger against the pipe, a light white frost accumulating on the metal’s surface, “But, once you start working with your powers, you’ll find they’ll help you do all sorts of things you didn’t think were possible.” As if to illustrate the point, at the far end of the pipe, that light frost extended from all sides, stretching out like a transparent spider web of shimmering ice, until it stopped in the shape of a massive snowflake so thin in really shouldn’t be able to support its own weight.

“…Huhn.” Cole said, blinking slightly. Altea grinned up at him, a snowball appearing in her hand which she threw down the pipe to hit her snowflake sculpture dead center, causing it to shatter.

“Alright, do it again, but this time, don’t ‘let go’ of the power once you start the effect going. You need to be involved, to feel the ice reach out, maybe then you’ll be able to understand what it’s reaching for.”

--- The Base ---

For his part, Frost Guard stood at the back of the briefing room, arms crossed across his chest as he leaned against the back wall. He watched the video playing on the big screen without moving, aside from pressing his lips together into a thin line at his scene. He knew what they were going for, a kind of “casual power” statement with the frozen over humans serving to help bring across that he was supposed to be responsible for the blizzard. Given the last time he completely lost control of his powers though, it left a bitter taste in his mouth. It was the kind of image that made him feel dangerous, like he was less a member of a group of heroes, and more like an attack dog. His eyes turned slightly towards Bossanova when Fortissimo appeared on the screen … that was another choice he couldn’t really agree with. Bossanova and Fortissimo might be linked, but it wasn’t as though the Wyld Hunt had any particular claim on him and his terrorist lackeys. Showing this kind of image in public was just going to be seen as a challenge.

Well, at least Dance Commander seemed to like it. That was really the only barometer he had for how the public might respond, and, really, the promo was cut more for the general population’s benefit than the team’s.

Here was a sharp metal-on-metal sound when their team leader was announced, drawing a few eyes back to where Frost Guard had quite obviously face palmed. A slight scraping accompanied him dragging his fingers slowly down his face as her took a steadying breath. Still, he smiled thinly.

“Congratulations, Kitsu.” He offered, apparently not holding the result against her so much as … pretty much everyone else, “Team morale shouldn’t be a problem.” He said, trying to put a positive spin on it, more for his own sake than anything as he flashed her a metallic thumbs up.

It was at that moment that fate decided to step in, the scream of sirens recessed in the wall accompanied with flashing red lights insuring that everyone in the building was aware that an emergency needed intervention. It seemed like a bit much, but then, it was probably more theatrics for the benefit for others.

He pushed his way off of the wall, falling in step with the rest of the team as he dashed through the hall.

--- Magitech Warehouse ---

Frost Guard poked his head out at the same time Kitsu did, her diminutive height giving him plenty of space to do so without getting in her way. He’d switched his internal HUD over to the tactical display, white outlines scanning over the thieves and helping him pick out their weapons and threat levels, as well as the ranges to each target. Of course, in the Trivana warehouse, the readout included far too many weapons in crates and along the walls to create a meaningful analysis, especially when so many of them came back “threat level: unknown”.

“No explosions.” He said sternly when Kitsu suggested “spicing up” the operation. “We’re supposed to protect the property as much as detain the thieves.”

Normally, one might be surprised to hear Frost Guard give advice like that, considering how frequently he was the cause of property damage. On this particular occasion though, he was feeling pretty confident. Most weapons required a great deal of moving energy to activate, which his powers were particularly well suited to curtail. If people could use liquid nitrogen to defuse a bomb, his powers should be more than equal to the task of preventing the worst case scenario from happening here.

Of course, as he was offering his council to their fearless fluffy leader, Arc took it upon herself to shoot any semblance of a plan right in the foot.

“Grrn…” Frost Guard grit his artificial teeth as her voice rang out in the hollow concrete box they were all standing in. Arc tended to make him nervous, she had a history as a cyborg-killing terrorist, and while he would begrudge no one a chance to better themselves, the fact remained that she had the same skills and he was a total conversion cyborg himself. “I guess we leap into action and try to make the best of it.”

[13:11] <JusticeGrieves> Frost Guard attempts to Directly Engage the Cyber-Sammie
[13:11] <JusticeGrieves> !r 2d6+1
[13:11] <Krysmbot> JusticeGrieves, 4+1 = 5
Marking Potential

Frostguard came around the corner with both fists raised high. Normally, having Arc Voltaic between him and his target would be enough to keep him from trying to use his powers, but, well, he’d been practicing a new trick. Bringing both fists down, a wave of ice travelled along the bare concrete floor towards the sword wielding cyborg Kitsu had told him to try and disable, no icicles growing upwards along the path this time as it lay flat. Once it reached the trio of thieves, however, the wave suddenly exploded outward to try and ensnare his target.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Freak: +0 | Danger: +0 | Savior: +1 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None | Location: Home Base >>> Magitech Warehouse

Artemis stood at the base entrance, her ears twitching as she listened to the wind flowing through the trees. This place...! It reminded her of home. The best parts of home. Yeah, the trees weren't massive colossus. But it was close enough to just put her at ease.

"Beautiful...! It's so beautiful!" she sighed, a smile playing on her lips. Gosh! She had to unpack! And check out the tech they'd set up too! She turned and descended into the base. Already missing the feeling of the sun on her skin. The workshop was first. Well... TECHNICALLY it was a 'Aurorovos Chemical Research and Development Laboratory' but to Artemis it would always be the gun shop. She used to spend hours back at home, crafting bullets and gadgets, so she expected to make a LOT of use of this one. Especially if she could get Sol to teach her about elemental enchantment!

Artemis felt herself flush at the thought of staying up late, the two of them, working together late into the night, growing closer together, their hands occasionally touching, looking into his eyes, he pulling her closer to him and...

The elevator reaching the bottom jolted Artemis out of her little day dream. Slightly flustered she glanced about, but everyone was elsewhere. Thank god. She hurried over to the portal, checking to make sure it was functioning correctly, it would be very important to make sure it was, how else could they extract quickly to treat injuries? Well it seemed to be. The Watch engineers corpse had done a pretty good job!

*Beep* *Beep*

People were gathering in the main room, huh? Artemis grabbed her gear and started heading over, a tense nervous excitement building in her chest. Her team, her unit! She couldn't help but skip down the corridor.

- - -

"Oh, my, GOD! THAT WAS AMAZING!!!" Artemis squealed in excitement at the videos conclusion! She'd never thought, never even dreamed she'd see herself on TV, never mind looking so... so cool! Everyone did. And that photo shot, it was just... just wow! Wow. She couldn't be happier! There was no way she could be any less happy! After all, Sol was obviously going to be the team leader!

- - -
The warehouse
- - -

Artemis still couldn't believe it. Kitsu. She didn't get it, she didn't get it at all. But she was used to following the commands of people who might not be the best fit for leader. At least this unit actually seemed to like her. She didn't know how she was going to report this to command. Okay, she'd been omitting... bits... from her reports anyway. Agk, she couldn't think about this now! Artemis pulled her P.A.N.D.O.R.A out and shifted it to rifle mode. Loading scan-cam rounds. Remote cameras. She needed to check the area. Even while the rest of the team- oh god they're charging in! NO! BAD! Ahhh! RIght, uh, okay, focus, this is fine. Just scan and work from there!

She popped out of cover and fired of three cams, giving her a better view of the area. Pulling out a little fold away screen so she could try and check the area. Pity she was panicking a little bit.

- - -

10:21 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Artemis - Assessed the situation (+ be mindful of your surroundings)
10:21 PM D<Deltasquid> or were you toying with my heart, jimmydalad
10:21 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 !r 2d6+2
10:21 PM K<Krysmbot> ArashiOfOrdo3, 3+2 = 5
10:21 PM D<Deltasquid> were you trying to pierce my mask
10:21 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Well I get one anyway

+1 XP
Asking - How could we best end this quickly?

- - -

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Kitsu

quote:

What here is the biggest threat?

While your first observations point you towards the cyborg, it quickly becomes clear that he's only dumb muscle. There's something about the girl that catches your attention, however. For one thing, she seems to be much more observant of her surroundings, as if calculating all the possible options she could take. Additionally, she's sticking very close to the robotic dog, protecting it for some reason. It's safe to assume that she's probably the brains behind the plan and that you want to separate her from her canine companion.

quote:

What’s the best way in/way past?

Apart from the front doors, there are small vents that are probably too small for most people, but you could definitely fit in with your fox form. They run all around the warehouse and even come out on the other side. Additionally, you notice a large, unlocked window on top of the warehouse. If someone is able to get up there, they could probably easily open it and get in from there. The warehouse is pretty tall, however.

As you try to convey your observations to the team, you notice Arc Voltaic walking straight into the warehouse.

Arc Voltaic

"You!" The cyborg declares angrily, taking out his blade. "Know me? You tried to kill me and you're now trying to say sorry?"

The girl holds out her hand, holding back the cyborg from trying to slice you in two.

"Cypheris, wait. We could use this to our advantage." She looks you over for a second before continuing. "If you are so insistent on being sorry, why don't you express it with your actions, rather than your words?"

quote:

What do you want me to do?

If he had it entirely his way, he'd want you to jump off a cliff and kill yourself. However, Cypheris also seems to regard the girl with some measure of authority and is content to follow her orders. With her offer in mind, he'd want you to join them in whatever plot they're doing and help them get away from the authorities. If you did that, he might even forgive you for trying to kill him in the past.

Well, they didn't attack you. That's a good thing, right? Plus, the offer is probably the only way you're going to get Cypheris to forgive you. Are you seriously considering the offer proposed by the girl?

Frost Guard

Cypheris sees your attack coming from a mile away and jumps backwards to avoid them.

"Lilliana, we've been compromised." He reports. "We've got enough for what we need, let's get out of here now."

Reacting quickly, he turns his sword towards the back wall and shoots a large laser beam at it, causing a large opening to form.

Huntress

quote:

How could we best end this quickly?

If you wanted to end this quickly, trying to beat them down probably wouldn't be the best idea. Especially due to Frost Guard's failed attack, they seem to be on edge and ready to put up a strong fight if need be. Instead, their main objective seems to be the bag filled with experimental magitech weapons that Cypheris is carrying. If you can get it off him, they probably wouldn't stay around for too long.

Even though you're a fair distance away, it seems like Lilliana has spotted you. She gives you a short glare, sending shivers down your spine.

"F3-l1x! Execute Plan D1-$tr@ct!"

The dog's cannon began whirring into life and shot a few times at the roof of the building, causing it to start caving in. As soon as it does, the three turn around and begin trying to make their escape.

Sol

quote:

Who here is most vulnerable to me?

Since all three of them are running away, you probably will be able to get the shot most easily on Lilliana. For one thing, she's only a human and thus will by nature have lower physical abilities than the cyborg and robot. Additionally, she seems to be the slowest runner of the three. From your vantage point, it would be pretty simple to try and attack her.

Everyone

Well, this seems to be quite the mess to the start of the mission. Not only do you have to deal with the runaway villains, but it probably would be a good idea to stop the warehouse from collapsing. At least, so long as you don't want the entire area to blow up.

What do you do?

Team Pool

Everyone

Does the leader has Influence over every teammate? - No (+0)

Does everyone has the same purpose in the fight? - No (+0)

Does any team member mistrusts the leader or the team? - Yes (-1)

Is your team is ill-prepared or off-balance? - No (-0)

You have 1 Team in your pool to start with.

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Sep 22, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Kitsu just stares at the sheer ridiculousness that is Arc just walking in like that. At least tell her the plan is stupid, don't just waltz in like that!!

"Sigh... Chance of plans FROST I NEED YOU TO FREEZE THAT ROOF RIGHT NOW AND QUUUUUUUIIIIICK!""

Changing into her fox form but keeping the communicator in front of her mouth (don't ask how she does it) she jumps into the vents.

With a magically resonating voice, she continues. "Huntress, can you get that bag? Either shoot the cyborg in the leg or just steal the bag outright. If they don't have their loot they'll be more willing to flee empty handed, or fight us! Both are better for us than this!"

"Sol, or Arc if she decides to regain human intelligence, please get rid of that dog! It's going to cause the biggest problems! I'mma try and intercept the girl. Chances are they won't leave without her! Bossanova, if it's no biggie go after the cyborg but PLEASE DON'T AIM THOSE SONIC THINGAMAJIGS OF YOURS AT ANYWHERE CLOSE TO ONE OF THESE MAGITECH THINGS, THANKS!"

Satisfied with the orders given, she continues charging through the vents to go after the runners.

Provoking Huntress: 2d6+3 13 Add a Team if you do it, mark a condition if you don't)

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Sep 22, 2016

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None | Location: Colapsing Magitech Warehouse

"Their target is the bag! Their target is the bag!" Artemis yelled into her com. She had to get it off of the girl! But it was going to be stupidly dangerous. She had to move quick, the collapsing roof would block her off from being able to actually go after the bad guys! Almost like that was the point of it in the first place. Okay, the high calibre cannon on the dog was reeeealy worrying. But Artemis was fast! She was also really looking to impress Sol.

Ah the stupid things you do to impress someone.

She flicked her weapon, shifting it to the short blade. "Confirm, Kitsu. Cover me guys!"

- - -
Accepting Provoke, +1 Team

12:20 AM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Artemis - Directly engage
12:20 AM !r 2d6+2
12:20 AM K<Krysmbot> ArashiOfOrdo3, 7+2 = 9
12:21 AM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Ohhh
- Take Something from them (The Bag of magi-tech loot)
- - -

Artemis fires her grapple past the Group, hitting the reel and shooting forwards, sliding in between the falling rubble! She practically danced! Advancing fast on the trio, and snatching the bag as she flies by out of the hole they cut in the wall! She spins her blade flicking out to slice at them as she moves by!

"GOT IT!" Artemis yells as she hook lines herself around the corner of the building and latching onto the outer wall! She needed to get out of here! And quick!

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Magitech Warehouse
Extra Gear: Quantum-Arcano Translocator (Portal Creation)

An arrow coalesced in my hand as I watched Huntress charge at the trio. Covering fire? I could certainly accommodate. It would be tricky to fire at angles that wouldn't lead to hitting any of the devices, but I was confident that I could do just that. I sent a hail of arrows flying past the trio and, naturally, Artemis. They weren't meant to wound, but to deny them the opportunity to strike back.

As the arrows flew past, I noticed that they weren't doing as effective of a job as I had hoped. They wouldn't be a suitable distraction. Unless- I twisted the Translocator, calling a large portal into existence in front of them and, naturally, in front of me. I used the new vantage point to spray arrows at their feet while Artemis secured the bag. Hopefully this would do the trick. If I grabbed too much attention? Well, that'd be a problem to solve later.

I grinned at Artemis as she grappled out past the portal. "Nice work, Huntress!"

quote:

[15:37:48] <Tricky> Defending Artemis
[15:37:52] <Tricky> !r 2d6+3
[15:37:54] <Krysmbot> Tricky, 5+3 =

Add another team to the pile (3 total), but I'm exposed to danger.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

"Yes." Arc answers. Not like she could deny it, she did try to kill the man. Though why exactly he wanted to fight after getting so thoroughly thrashed the first time she didn't know. "And I am sorry." That didn't seem to be worth a lot to him or to his offsider, but what else was she meant to do? She couldn't go back and un try to kill him.

"My actions haven't exactly been beneficial lately, I'm not sure you'd want me to express anything with them." She counters the little girl with her own immense guilt and self-doubt. But it seemed to matter not. She was rather firm in the deal that she wanted to present to her. Which actually made Arc a little angry, which you could tell because a little bit of static electricity was making a few strands of hair stand up on her head. "Excuse me." She tells the girl. "But I'm not here to answer your every whim. I made a huge mistake years ago and now I am trying to make it up to Cypheris, okay? This is between me and him. It doesn't concern you or your robodog." With that, she turns her attention back to the cyborg. "Now, w-"

Arc Voltaic needn't have bothered, because the rest of her team manage to trip over their own feet and get noticed and scare the thieves. So much for making any sort of progress towards helping! "Wait." She tells Cypheris and Lilliana, but they had already started to run. "No, don't." But Sol and Artemis had already thrown themselves into the midst of battle. "But…I…" Arc visibly deflates, sighing and sitting down on one of the half opened boxes of Magitech weapons. Was this being a hero? Just zapping cyborgs exactly like she used to in the Order, except this time it's totally cool and allowed? Arc just shakes her head, saddened by her failed attempt at reaching out.

Wait, no, that wasn't her shaking. That was the whole building! The robodog had blasted the roof, it was about to collapse. Oh well, not a huge problem for a mage like Arc. Still sitting, she holds her arms out with the palms flat and facing the roof. There is a small crackle of energy as she taps into the ambient chi, which is but a precursor to dozens of arms of pure lightning snaking out from her hands. They creep up towards the ceiling like vines, lashing out to zap into dust any pieces of the building that fall down. And if the whole building was about to fall down? Well, that might get zapped and turned to dust too.

[10:07am] Robodog: time to ignore yami again
[10:07am] Robodog: !r 2d6+2
[10:07am] Krysmbot: Robodog, 10+2 = 12
[10:07am] Robodog: noice

Using Unleash Your Powers to reshape the environment, specifically to stop the building from caving in. Probably by disintegrating it with lightning.

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
If I must die, I shall welcome Death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it.

Freak: +2 | Danger: +1 | Savior : +1 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: -1
Potential : 2/5 | Conditions: None | Location: Magitech Warehouse

Frost Guard raised his hands up to the ceiling, already envisioning a latticework of pillars that could prop up the ceiling without needlessly cluttering up the battlefield in the process. As swirling white particles began to gather around his arms, a brilliant flash of light caused him to close his eyes for a moment. When he opened them again, there was nothing but a gaping hole in the ceiling, the collapsing rubble burned away and the unstable portions vaporized as well. Well … that was another way to handle it, he supposed.

“You know, Arc,” he grunted, pulling back on his powers which were still half-unleashed, “When you abstained from voting on a leader, I didn’t think it was because you didn’t plan to listen to whoever we picked.”

It was clear he wasn’t going to be able to hold onto the energy he’d gathered up. It looked like Sol was providing Artemis with covering fire … he supposed he’d just have to revert back to his previous objective. Sweeping both of his hands forward, the swirling white particles he’d been gathering for the pillars suddenly streaked towards the fleeing villains, stretching out into long lances before they solidified in the air.

[12:52] <JusticeGrieves> Frosty Directly Engages Cyber-Ninja Once Again
[12:52] <JusticeGrieves> !r 2d6+1
[12:52] <Krysmbot> JusticeGrieves, 4+1 = 5
[12:53] <JusticeGrieves> And does exactly as well as the first time.
Marking another Potential

Justice Grieves fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Sep 22, 2016

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Bossanova just gaped at what he was bearing witness to here. Arc literally just walked up to people they were trying to ambush and blew their cover wide open like it was noting. Frost Guard failing at fighting the cyborg ninja, what part of 'shock and awe' did these people not understand? And the roof was collapsing in on the warehouse, awesome.

"Well gently caress it" he said reaching for his Dub-step guns. "Stealth had failed, time to go loud."

"Bossanova, if it's no biggie go after the cyborg but PLEASE DON'T AIM THOSE SONIC THINGAMAJIGS OF YOURS AT ANYWHERE CLOSE TO ONE OF THESE MAGITECH THINGS, THANKS!"

"Aw really you gotta handicap me like that?" Grumbling, Fidel stashed away the Dubtech Thumpers and pulled the secondary weapons. He didn't even have time to properly test them! Woe for him if he blew his hands off because he didn't run all the proper safety checks.

"Sonic Batons Mk.2, test run" *Click, Click THRUM* went the sticks as they extended out and connected to the power pack on his back. "Fuckin' amateurs, I'll show em how we go loud back in my day!" As charge built up under his feet and he sighted on a big window, Bossanova did some quick math and charged.

TheNabphone> Bossanova gonna punch that dick
<TheNabphone> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> TheNabphone, 9+1 = 10
<TheNabphone> Yeah boy!

>Resist/avoid their blows
>Impress, Surprise or Frighten them.

From the outside came a distant cry of "Yeeeeeah boyeeeeee" could be heard by those in the warhorse, followed by a muffled boom of deep bass.

And then the windows along one wall blew out as Bossanova crashed through, blaring deafening music into the room. Bossanova did not do quiet.

As he dropped feet first towards the cyborg he pointed and screamed "Hope you didn't void the warranty on your face motherfucker!" One last sonic burst bore him to the cyborg at top speed and slammed both feet into his back, grinding him across the length of the warehouse.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Sep 22, 2016

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None | Location: Outer Wall of Magitech Warehouse

There was a sudden BOOM from the inside of the building, and Artemis couldn't help but cry out in pain! OH GOD OW!!

She scrabbles for handhold on her P.A.N.D.O.R.A as her balance and vision was shaken by the sound blast. Oh geez! What was that?!

"Yeeeeeah boyeeeeee!!!" came the call.

"Bossanova...! Ow! Warning please!" Artemis whimpered. "T-That really hurts, yaknow!?" Shaking the blur out of her vision. She refocused on the situation at hand. And maybe not getting murdered by the robot dog or the girl. The Ninja wasn't quite so worrying as an unarmed girl surrounded by tech.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Cyborg Ninja vs. the World

Cypheris turns around a feet outside the warehouse as he notices Artemis; attack. While the slice from her attack didn't seem to cause major damage, he loses his grip on the bag of stolen loot, which is snatched up by Artermis. Before he has a chance to move to get the bag back, Sol's barrage suddenly appears, causing him to have to activate the jet boosters in the arms to launch himself backwards. He has just enough time to see Frost Guard's attack coming to swerve past the ice spears, one of them just skimming his waist. However, this leaves him no time to react to Bossanova's attack, launching him backwards. Cypheris skids across the floor as the sound of Bossanova's attack reverberates around the area.

"It's true, you really are the young Fortissimo." He comments, the awe in his voice noticeable. He looks slightly shaken from the attack, probably not expecting the amount of power packed behind Bossanova's weapons.

<Cypheris marks Hopeless.>

"I can't say the same for your icy friend, however. I've seen training dummies that have more impressive powers than him. I had heard much about his exploits. It's sad to see them turn out to be so disappointing."

"I didn't want to do this, but young Fortissimo gives me no choice. Activating overdrive."

Flicking a switch on the side of his head, you watch as all the green lights turn to red. A strong aura emanates from him as his electrical devices work themselves to their full capacity. After a few seconds, he launches himself right past the two of you towards Artemis, all of his physical capabilities dramatically increased. It's clear he's going after the bag.

What about Lilliana?

"Jesus, these kids are persistent." She mutters to herself. "F3-l1x! Execute transformation sequence, now!"

At her words, F3-lix jumps up into the air and begins to break apart. The pieces of what once was a cyber dog fly towards Lilliana, latching themselves onto her. As soon as the dust clears, you realise that F3-lix has turned into a robotic suit for his master. It also occurs to you that Lilliana is now much more dangerous than she was before.

Turning towards the warehouse, she unleashes a barrage of missiles at Sol's general direction before focusing her attention on the bag. She wants that bag reaaaaly badly.

Kitsu

Hey, aren't you supposed to be the leader? Sol and Arc don't seem to be listening to you at all. The former seems to be more preoccupied with Artemis than actually doing the mission while you have no idea what Arc Voltaic is doing. You knew that girl and her dog were dangerous, but your teammates did nothing about them. Do you blame them for the current situation? What about the mission in general?

What do you do?

Sol

Hey, you saved Artemis! Good for you! Unfortunately, you also managed to piss off a cyborg ninja and a girl in a robot suit. Said girl has also shot missiles towards you and the warehouse. As you see the explosives fly towards you, a sense of dread creeps in as the reality starts to set in.

Mark Afraid

What do you do?

Frost Guard

Yeowch, you are having a rough day, aren't you? None of your attacks seem to be able to hit Cypheris, let alone damage him. He even had the nerve to criticize your abilities! When you think about it, he does seem to have more battle experience than you do, that's for sure. Maybe he has a point?

Cypheris is using his influence to shift Mundane up and Freak down

What do you do?

Artemis

Woah, a lot is happening in a short period of time. Bossanova's music is not helping things at all, let alone the fact that you have a powered up cyborg running straight at you. At the same time, that guy you have a crush on is at risk of being exploded out of existence. What makes things worse is that you also have the bag that the duo are after. Maybe if you give it up to them, you can focus on saving your friends.

What do you do?

Arc Voltaic

Your actions haven't seemed to impress your team, Frost Guard and Kitsu in particular. Do you care about how they feel? In any case, your powers have done the trick and have managed to prevent catastrophic chain reactions from magitech weapons via caved roof. As you turn to see what the others are up to, you are greeted by the sight of missiles headed straight in your direction.

What do you do?

Bossanova

Wait wait wait. Cypheris knows Fortissimo!? Do you think that they're here on his orders or something? That's some freaky information. He also seems to be hyper-focused on getting that bag and getting out of here. Maybe you should capture him so that you can get as much info about your future self as you possibly can. Helping Artemis would also be a good idea, especially due to how you sort of messed up her ears with your music.

What do you do?

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Lightning shoots out and zaps the falling pieces of roof. There is a crackle around the warehouse that might have been disconcerting to some of her teammates, but it was a beautiful noise to Arc. The sound of elemental fury unleashing pure destruction, raining down dust and ash as the warehouse gets progressively more and more stable. And more and more full of burnt out holes. The wispy tendrils of lightning, their job done, sink back down into Arc's palms and disappear again. A job well done, Arc Voltaic thought.

She'd be the only one thinking that, though. Apparently the rest of the team hated her and wanted to go blow up the cyborgs. But what was she meant to do here! Everything was nice and calm before Frost Guard and Bossanova made more noise than a thunderstorm and got everybody riled up for a fight! And somebody had to keep the roof from falling down and hurting everybody! This was her first real mission, and Kitsu wanted to bark out orders like they were a crack assault squad? Arc could have stayed in the Order of the Short Circuit if she wanted that. Again, defeated by self-doubt and obviously not doing this 'hero' thing right, she slumps back down on a crate. "Have to ask Artemis what I did wrong after we get back to base." She mutters to herself, making a mental memo while a flurry of missiles was heading her way.

Wait, what?

"poo poo!" She curses, jumping up and holding both hands out as they start to spark. A small ball of electricity forms, and rapidly grows to the size of a a couple basketballs. It then flies forwards, right back at the missiles. If this worked like it usually did, it should totally fry the guidance and propulsion systems onboard and leave the missiles totally inert. Either that or eating a dozen missiles right in the face.

[09:09am] Robodog: powers roll to keep missiles from blowing up in my face
[09:09am] Robodog: !r 2d6+2
[09:09am] Krysmbot: Robodog, 7+2 = 9

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Afraid | Location: Magitech Warehouse
Extra Gear: Quantum-Arcano Translocator (Portal Creation) [Used]

A cold sweat broke out on my brow as the missiles bore down on me. This was, to be fair, a first. I hadn't yet been on the wrong end of a swarm of missiles. I was finished for sure if they hit home. I'd need to make sure that didn't happen. It was time to maximize the output of the Quantum-Arcano Translocator and redirect the munitions back to their sender. A series of twists and spins sent a series of countless portals into existence in front of the swarm. Each missile soared through a portal and emerged in a matching portal outside the warehouse. Naturally, they were pointed back at the now-armored girl. Hopefully her armor was as good as it looked. I really didn't need this mission to end with a casualty. Even if she was trying to kill me.

I yelled out, "Huntress! Let's get the bag out of here!"

quote:

[14:21:40] <Tricky> Sol may have No Powers and Not Nearly Enough Training, but he's going to redirect those missiles. (Unleash w/ +Mundane)
[14:21:45] <Tricky> !r 2d6+2
[14:21:47] <Krysmbot> Tricky, 8+2 =
[14:21:51] <ArashiOfOrdo3> NICE!
[14:22:01] <Tricky> now we're thinking with portals :v

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Wait what? What do you-" But he was already gone after the bag. The bag, Bossanova swore under his breath.

"Iceman!" He called to Frost Guard "You get the lady, I'll get the ninja" He didn't wait for a response, he pounded after the fleeing cyborg. He couldn't catch him just by running but as the charge built under his boots, he knew he didn't have to.

"One!" The left boot fired he aimed at a shallow angle at the distant wall. He'd only done this a few times and it sometimes twisted his ankles. But not this time he aimed at the spot between Artemis and the Cyborg and jumped.

<TheNabwork> Gonna try and stop Cyborg man from getting to Artemis
<TheNabwork> Rolling Savior+1
<TheNabwork> !r 2d6+1
<TheNabwork> Ummm
<Krysmbot> TheNabwork, 9+1 = 10
<TheNabwork> Thank you dice bot

>Taking influence over Artemis

Crashing between the two before they met, Bossanova brought his batons around and blocked the ninjas attack. Sparks flew and a sharp whine emitted as steel pressed against sound and meet resistance, Bossanova grinned under the mask.

He turned to Artemis and his mask winked "You're welcome."

Turning back to his assailant, he somewhat more firmly said. "No you don't get out of this fight that easily my son, did I order this raid?" The way he said I should tell him who he actually meant.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Sep 23, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Last Kitsu checked, people were supposed to do what a leader says. Did she read that definition wrong? Were leaders only there to do paperwork? Did Kitsu.... GET PRANKED!?

Jumping out of the vents to land behind the leader, an illusionary voice echoes in Liliania's head.

"Hahahahaha! Do you really think what you see is true? Consider who you're dealing with~"

As Liliana wonders what the hell that was, Kitsu's tails begin to glow blue and shoot forth fox-fire at Liliana...

Directly engage Lilliana: 2d6 5 (6 due to assess, forgot to add) Thanks to Team, this is a 7, so I am going to choose "Take something away: Specifically, her ability to use the mech suit. Due to cooking her inside it and overheating the system so she has to leave it.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Sep 23, 2016

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: None | Location: Outer Wall of Magitech Warehouse

Artemis watched the stream of missiles fly towards- SOL! NO! OH NO!!

Her brain flew into overdrive as she dashed to the space between Sol and the barrage of rockets! She threw herself in the way, relieasing her shield form hoping to block as many shots as she could. Screaming at the top of her lungs.

Then Sol opened the portals.

Artemis hit the ground and froze unblinkingly. All the sounds of the fight just seemed to fade as she imagined everyone staring at her. A heavy blush slowly building on her cheeks as she lay there. The mech girl Lilliana just looked at her dumbfounded. Artemis fires a grapple and slowly pulls herself out of line of sight behind one of the boxes. Quietly screaming to herself. Life was over. That was it.

- - -
Spending 1 Team on Kitsu to distract Lilliana for her
- - -

Then Bossanova hit something again, and the sharp sounds shook Artemis out of her social horror. The fight was still ongoing, she had a job to do. Making sure the bag was still secure. She ran back out to rejoin the battle. She slides up to Sol, her face still blushing furiously.

- - -

11:36 PM Artemis - Comfort and Support Sol
11:36 PM !r 1d6+1
11:38 PM !r 1d6
11:38 PM K<Krysmbot> ArashiOfOrdo3, 1 = 1
11:36 PM K<Krysmbot> ArashiOfOrdo3, 3+1 = 4
Total = 5
11:36 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Yay

+1 Xp
- - -

"G-Godo jub." Artemis says, a small twitch in her eye is all she gives away about how badly she just hosed up talking. Oh god. Just kill me. Kill me now!

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Sep 23, 2016

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007

Freak: +2 | Danger: +2 | Savior : +0 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: -1
Potential : 2/5 | Conditions: None | Location: Magitech Warehouse

[13:17] <JusticeGrieves> Resisting Influence
[13:17] <JusticeGrieves> !r 2d6
[13:17] <Krysmbot> JusticeGrieves, 9 = 9
Shifting Savior down and Danger up.

As lightning reached out to fry the missiles heading his direction, Frost Guard looked at Arc Voltaic out of the corner of his eye for a moment. His jaw tightened slightly. Great, now she’s sulking, he thought. Well, at the very least, she seemed to have the defense locked down, that freed him to try and move up. Which was good, because the artillery game wasn’t working out for him, he needed an angle of attack with fewer team mates in the way.

“Every time I try to use a little finesse,” he groused, stepping onto the path of ice he’d stretched across the floor earlier, “Someone has to start talking poo poo about power levels.”

The ice under his feet rippled slightly, causing a wave which he rode closer to the fray, keeping his body low so he wouldn’t interfere with Arc’s line of fire even as his highly conductive body swept in front of him. Curving off to the side, he swept in behind Lilliana, the vents from his chest and along his arms opening up. As soon as Kitsu’s flames let up, he hurled a whirling storm of white energy at her. The rapid heating and cooling of the metal suit should cause stress cracks all throughout the frame, rendering it useless while hopefully mitigating the risk of a deep fried felon.

[13:40] <JusticeGrieves> Frosty Directly Engaging to Antipode Bomb Lilliana
[13:40] <JusticeGrieves> !r 2d6+2
[13:40] <Krysmbot> JusticeGrieves, 8+2 = 10
Resisting her Blows, and Taking her ability to run as I try to seal her in a thick icy shell

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Cypheris collided with Bossanova, trying to force his way through, before skidding backwards, scoffing in frustration.

"I don't need to answer to you," Cypheris responded, looking up to see the missiles. At first, Sol seemed to have succeeded in redirecting them towards Lilliana with the gun, the missiles flying through portals before they all congregated towards Lillianna. At that moment, Arc Voltaic unleashed her electrical energy, rending them inert as they harmlessly crashed into the ground. Underestimating how strong her powers were, stray bolts flew towards Bossanova, frying all of his electronics.

"You probably should learn to work as a team." The robot commented cynically, recognizing the opportunity to burst forward in the speed of light and snatch the bag from Artemis, who was preoccupied with trying to provide support towards Sol.

Lilliana, on the other hand, was having a much tougher time. Artemis's shouting had caused her to turn her head, just in time for the fire to start baking the inside. Quickly flying behind Kitsu, she swipes her with her robot arm as hard as she could away from Cypheris.

Kitsu takes a powerful blow

She turns to face the rest of the group just in time to be hit by Frost Guard's ice attack.

"Cypheris, just get out of here! Now!" She screams, her voice sounding increasingly panicky. "Use your final weapon!"

<Lilliana marks Hopeless and Insecure>

On her orders, Cypheris opens up his chest and shoots out thousands of small, circular bombs all around Sol and Artemis. From there, he shifts all of his remaining energy into his thrust capacitors and flies off, the bag of dangerous weapons still in tow.

Arc Voltaic

So maybe you could've coordinated better with your team, that much can be said. However, there are bigger problems to deal with. Mainly, the many bombs that litter the area that not only are your friends right in the center of, but also dangerously close to the magitech weapon warehouse.

What do you do?

Artemis/The Huntress

Man, you really messed up, not only did Sol not even notice you, but you let your guard down and let the villain take the bag back from you. Are you sure you're really up for the task of being in the Wyld Hunt? How are you going to tell the border patrol about what happened this mission? Oh, and there's also the issue of you standing in the middle of a field of bombs.

Mark Insecure

What do you do?

Bossanova

Wow, Arc Voltaic really screwed you over, huh? You couldn't even lock down Cypheris to get any leads about your future self. While there is the issue of the bomb field, what can you do without your powers? Have you ever found yourself in a situation where your devices haven't worked before?

What do you do?

Frost Guard

It looks like Lilliana isn't going to be going anywhere soon, so that's a good thing. What isn't a good thing is that Cypheris is still getting away. Due to how strong your powers are, you could possibly try to get the bag off him. That would mean leaving your compatriats to deal with the minefield and they may need you to deal with the sheer number of bombs.

What do you do?

Kitsu

Well, it looks like when people follow you, stuff gets done. You and Frost Guard worked well together to keep the Lilliana threat down. Unfortunately, it seems like Cypheris was overlooked. As a leader, what do you focus on and do you think your teammates will even listen to you?

What do you do?

Sol

Mara Bishop really pulled through for you, didn't she? You managed to get some fantastic data for her while saving your own life as well. Now all you need to do is get out alive. Artemis is here with you too, though. Whose life do you value more, yours or hers?

What do you do?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: 100% Resolute | Location: Magitech Warehouse
Extra Gear: Nothing at the moment.

I blinked. Artemis had thrown herself in the face of unfathomable danger to save my life? It was a truly noble gesture. I was almost disappointed to have solved the missile issue without her help. Almost. I would prefer to render her efforts somewhat superfluous than to face injury or death against that missile attack. Still, that left us facing quite the conundrum. The bag stolen, our surroundings thoroughly mined. I was at a loss. Was the Translocator capable of sending living matter? Could I trust our lives to it? At this point, could I not? I looked at the Translocator and my heart sank. It was low on power. I had definitely stretched it to the limits with that last stunt. I only had enough juice to save one of us. What else could I do? Whether or not people believed in me, I was a hero. And that could only mean one thing.

Clearing Afraid (from the successful Defend).

I looked down at Artemis, a small smile on my face as I ruffled her hair, "Good job to you too. Now get back in the fight, Huntress. I'm counting on you to get that bag back." The Translocator whirred to life, a portal opening up under her and a matching portal opening in the distance near the fleeing cyborg. I watched as she fell back into the fight, the portal closing as soon as she was through. The lights and sounds of the Translocator faded with it. I would not be able to use it again, not without Mara's help.

Going to say that the Translocator has been used up with that stunt and remove it from my sheet!

quote:

[11:41:48] <Tricky> Defending Artemis (and maybe even myself if this goes well!)
[11:41:55] <Tricky> !r 2d6+3
[11:41:57] <Krysmbot> Tricky, 5+3 =
[11:42:05] <Tricky> definitely just Artemis then :v

Choosing to clear Afraid and expose myself to danger.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Sep 25, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Unfortunately for Kitsu, the communicator was still open as she got smacked against the wall by a mechanically empowered robot arm.

"GAAAAARGH" it voices over the comms as she hit said wall.

"Guh... Artemis! G-Get that bag back, ya hear me? Gah... Everyone else get these bombs away fro- OW OW OW"

Taking a moment for the pain to stop, she continues.

"I... I'll need a moment..."

Take a powerful Blow: 2d6 10 Giving ground as well as provoking Artemis into foolhardy

Provoking Artemis: 2d6+3 8 Take a condition if you don't.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Insecure | Location: Dropping in on a robot man

Oh god, Sol had seen all of that! Noooo! No no nonononono! Noooooo! She looked like such an idiot, and then the bag was gone, wait, what? Oh! HEY! GET BAC- oh, he's got rocket boosters? Man! Not cool! Then the beeping of all the microbombs reaches her ears. Ahhh...

Then Artemis felt a hand on her head, and for the first time learned how incredibly sensitive her ears were to being gently touched. It was like a jolt of electricity ran through her. It caught her breath in her throat. By the time she'd recovered enough to look Sol in his incredibly handsome and very close face her brain had only just registered the danger they were in. She had to get him out of here! She could grab him and then grapple to safety! Yeah, that would work! Then she worked out what he'd just said.

"Wait... do what nOWWW!" She yelped in surprise as the portal immediately dropped her! "NO! SOL!" Time slowed as she she reached for him. The portal closing behind her before she could even act! Twisting in the air, she launched a grapple at the feeling borgs legs! Latching on with the quite litaral lifeline! Haha! Try and get away now! Artemis suddenly realised she had no other ankers. Just the one attached to him, and she was along for the ride!

Oh gently caress!

Hanging on for grim life, Artemis shifted her weapon into something a little more suited to this kinda engagement. Shifting to due mode. One hand into Gauntlet, to hang on! The other into a simple firearm. A low caliber hand gun. Well... sort of. Artemis called this the concussion pistol. It's rounds latched on, and then exploded after a few seconds with a concusive blast! The perfect way to rattle anything with armour that you don't want to leave with a smoking crater!

Taking aim, Artemis had only one target. She needed to disarm him, and she needed to do it at just the right moment, so she had somewhere to land or hook onto! Well, she could at least try and take the advantage!

- - -

9:25 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Artemis - Directly Engage cyborg +Assess bonus about the bag.
9:25 PM T<Theantero> if Clatters takes a mighty blow and fails
9:25 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 !r 2d6+1
New messages
9:25 PM K<Krysmbot> ArashiOfOrdo3, 8+1 = 9
- Taking the bag from him!

- - -

Bang! The shot hit him in the lower back! Just the right place to get him to let go of his oh so precious cargo! "Mine!" Artemis yelled as she snatched it out of the air! The cyborg even started to tumble as his flight path was messed up from the shots! Take that you...! Artemis noticed her grapple line curving down as it followed it's anchor faithfully. OH SH- She screamed as she was yanked downwards with him! Spiralling down towards to the floor with the team still back at the warehouse, if she survived this fall, it would be her vs the cyborg alone.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

If there was one thing Arc knew for sure, it was that she was not on the same wavelength as the rest of her team here. She wasn't trying to short out Bossanova! And why did all the missiles she short circuited them get teleported away! Once again, she sighs. "Guys, can we just…" But her words aren't shouted and are lost against the din of battle. And Kitsu shouting. And look, maybe in the middle of the mission it wasn't the best place to try and talk about tactics and how to be a hero anyway. Arc puts it all in the back of her mind and tries to focus on the job at hand. She hadn't been kicked off the team yet, after all.

But that focus is broke by the fighting outside, and the hundreds if not thousands of bombs that get fired out and dropped on top of Artemis and Sol. "poo poo!" Arc sort of just stands there in a mild panic. "poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo!" Is what she follows that up with. So far she hadn't been much help in the fighting at all. Not that she wanted to fight, that sort of just got dropped on her. But they were fighting now, and she had to help. Even if her help just kind of just shocked Bossanova before. She had to really help now to make up for that! Okay. Need to deal with thousands of tiny bombs before they kill everybody and blow up the warehouse. Okay. So. That was above her pay grade. Time to call upon a higher power.

She utters an incantation, with mystic words that were just gibberish to anybody else. But between her and the spirits, it was a plea for help. Then Arc Voltaic's eyes glow white, blue and purple. All the colours of mighty lightning strikes. And out of her mouth comes, unbidden, a dead language, words unheard since the Conquistadors ran rampant over the mighty Aztec empire. These words are loud, but nobody can hear anything that makes sense. But there is one word that is boomed out with strength of a terrible thunderstorm.

"Xolotl!"

A huge dog made of nothing but sparks and lightning leaps from Arc's chest. Followed by another, and another, until there is a pack of lightning dogs looking like they are ready for the hunt. Each one a different colour of lightning, one bright yellow while another is a blinding white. An electric blue, and a powerful purple. Each one looks different, and almost not like a dog at all. If one were familiar with Aztec iconography, they'd recognise they look like stone carvings of dogs left by the Aztecs. Big, powerfully built, round heads and sharp teeth. Arc lets out more ancient Aztec words, and points towards Sol and the micro-bombs that surround him. The hounds of Xolotl howl in thunderclaps, and run for the bombs.

The pack run and run until they hit the mines and bombs. Onlookers might shy away, expecting a huge explosion, but standing far back and staring at it Arc doesn't blink. Her eyes were still blazing with lightning. The first of the hounds hits the bombs, and sparks fly. The bomb starts to smoke and spark on its own, and then the little red blinking light of death slowly fades until it is nothing. And then the electrical spark hops from that to the next bomb. And as more and more of Xolotl's pack run through the bombs, more and more arcs of lighting fire through the bomb field. It's almost a dance of lightning, with how the sparks fly between one explosive to the next.

When the hounds reach Sol, they start to circle him. Lightning hops from their paws, shorting out the explosives closest to Arc's ally. The whole pack soon follows, pacing around Sol in a circle to protect him from any bombs should they detonate before the lightning of Xolotl can reach them and harmlessly fry their circuits.

[12:02pm] Robodog: i think i need to unleash power again to help the mines not kill anybody?
[12:02pm] Robodog: doing it anyway
[12:02pm] Robodog: !r 2d6+2
[12:02pm] Krysmbot: Robodog, 11+2 = 13
[12:02pm] Robodog: noice

Also Aztec lightning dawgs look like this!

Robodog fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Sep 26, 2016

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions:

And just when he couldn't possibly think any less of his teammate after she singlehandedly ruined any chance of a surprise attack, she proceded to make every single handy little device he had brought on this mission useless and now he was stuck. He gave her an empthatic finger and just held back on saying some very bad words.

This wasn't new to Fidel, the reality of being in a situation where you have to always be on the move to avoid the authorities is that what QA and QC you can do on your gadgets is limited at best and sometimes the only time you find out your stuff doesn't work as intended is when you're mid raid and your experimental sonic fist goes Fzzt when you try to hit someone with it. He always brought a few reliable standbys in case of mid fight mechanical failure, or failing that a mundane secondary weapon he knew how to use.

These things do not help when random unexpected high voltage cripples your entire arsenal and you at left with nothing that can defuse microbombs but Arc corrected that problem at the very least.

What can he do here? He turned to the mech woman, sonny jim may have given him the slip again but she want going anywhere.

<TheNabphone> I can't do much here as Bossanova
<TheNabphone> So I'm going to Pierce Liliana's mask
<TheNabphone> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> TheNabphone, 2+2 = 4

Err free potiential I guess.

Fidel was really frazzled, he was only just keeping his cool. "Who are you working for, is this his doing, is it!?"

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Sep 26, 2016

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007

Freak: +2 | Danger: +2 | Savior : +0 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: -1
Potential : 2/5 | Conditions: None | Location: Magitech Warehouse >>> Up In The Air

[12:27] <JusticeGrieves> Frosty's going to generate some Burn
[12:27] <JusticeGrieves> !r 2d6
[12:27] <Krysmbot> JusticeGrieves, 11 = 11
Generates 3 Burn

Frost Guard glanced over his shoulder as Arc began invoking the names of anciet things, her words causing bolts of lightning to arc out of her chest. His head snapped back around to the glare of Cypherius’s thrusters, deciding to take the opportunity while he could. If Arc Voltaic could handle a swarm of missiles in flight, he didn’t expect her to have any trouble with these mines either. Perhaps more importantly, if he hung around here he could get swept up in her display of power, much as Bossanova had.

“Hnnnrgh…” a look of concentration crossed his face as he crouched down, his eyes glowing more brightly as he focused his power down and into the ground, holding its expansion in check as the pressure built up, a ground frost the only tip of what was about to happen. Then, he vanished, a burst of ice erupting out of the ground and hurling him violently through the air, giving him the height he needed in a sudden burst. He managed to get the height on Cypherus, watching Artemis as she made her desperate bid to snatch the weaponry again.

Spending 1 Burn on Move to catch up with Cypherus and Artemis

The vents on his back opened as he corrected his course with a strong burst of arctic air, a short blast from his left hand allowing him to correct his angle of approach as he used the combination of gravity and some thrust generated by his vents to close the distance.

[12:49] <JusticeGrieves> Spending Burn to activate Shielding for Artemis
[12:49] <JusticeGrieves> !r 2d6+2
[12:49] <Krysmbot> JusticeGrieves, 4+2 = 6
Hmn, failure unless Artemis wants to spend some Team.

Unfortunately, while it seemed like Artemis had a firm grip on the loot from the heist, she had considerably less control of her fall. If he grabbed her while she was tumbling like that, there was no telling how it was going to pan out.

“Artemis!” he shouted over the roar of the rushing wind, with her ears she might be able to hear him, “Reach for me!” he said, stretching a hand out to her. If nothing else, he’d make a much friendlier grapple point, and he had a lot more experience braking a fall than he had with these high altitude acrobatics.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Insecure | Location: Dropping in on a robot man

"FROST!" She yelled surprised! How! He had rocket boosters?! Why had she never through of doing that for the P.A.N.D.O.R.A? Well anyway, looks like he could only get so far! Would he reach her? Artemis was brought back into the present by the sensation of a sword blow against her shield, oh god! She released her hook on the Ninja, and firing one Frost Guard's way! With a quick pull, she found herself practically sitting in his arms.

- - -
Spending team on Frost Guard
- - -

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Sep 27, 2016

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Arc Voltaic's powerful display succeeds in deactivating the bombs, managing to divert the crisis for the moment. Lilliana can be heard scoffing inside the mech at the turn of events, which only get worse for the villains due to a combination of Artemis and Frost Guard.

The shots cause him to falter in the air and you hear him curse to himself as the bag once again slips out of his hands. At first, he tries to drag Artemis with him with the hopes of isolating her from the others. That hope is quickly dashed by the timely arrival of Frost Guard. In desperation, he tries to attack Artemis with his blade, but is dissuaded by the shield.

<Cypheris marks Afraid>

Once he manages to shake Artemis off, he uses the last of his energy to zoom away and leave Lilliana and the bag behind. Not even one smart quip to make about the team. For now, it seems like your team has succeeded! While you didn't manage to catch Cypheris, your ingenuity has lead to the capture of a very disgruntled Lilliana.

"I can't believe he lost the bag." She grumbled to herself, punching her mech before yelping in pain. Due to the increased brittleness, she succeeds in smashing her entire mech. Falling flat on her butt, she swipes away at the ice that had fallen her and pushes herself up.

In response to Bossanova's threats, Lilliana gives him an amused look before laughing out loud.

"Wow, you really think I'm just going to tell you like that? Did you see how badly you got owned by your own ally, let alone what would've happened if Cypheris fought you? What a joke!"

She continues to chuckle to herself as the rest of the group gather around her.

"Well, at least I know when I'm defeated. However, judging from our location, it's going to take a bit for the rest of the dumb heroes to arrive. Tell you what, how about you let me out and I'll tell you everything that I know about this mission. You could tell them that I managed to escape in the heat of battle or something. How does that sound to you?"

Her voice sounds a bit hasty, but she's doing her best to maintain her composure. Does the offer sound appealing to any of you in any way? What do you think of the events that have happened today?

Arc Voltaic

Well, you did it. You were a hero and saved Sol's life. That has to count for something, right? Still, the path to the hero isn't an easy one and you certainly made mistakes today. Do you want to ask Bossanova for forgiveness? Who do you want to turn to for advice and do you make your qualms about the aggressive nature of the team known to the others?

What do you do?

Artemis

Don't you feel so lucky getting to be saved by two boys. You've always had the hots for Sol, but do you see Frost Guard in a new light due to recent events? Your mentor is going to want to hear about this mission as well. Should you tell the whole truth or maybe just edit some bits to make yourself look better?

What do you do?

Bossanova

She just laughed in your face. Obviously she doesn't take you seriously and a lot of events today are really pissing you off, aren't they?

Mark Angry

Do you want to confront Arc Volatic with the others? Apart from towards the end, she wasn't able to work well with others and even took away the usage of your gear! On the subject of your gear, do you feel like you need an upgrade? It was fortunate that you only lost their abilities towards the end of the mission, but maybe you won't be so lucky next time.

What do you do?

Frost Guard

Hey, you didn't lose control of your powers and you got to save a cute girl as well. That counts as a success in your book, right? Has today's mission helped you pick up something from Altea's lessons that you maybe didn't understand before? What about Arc Voltaic? You have a feeling that Bossanova would probably not be happy with her as well. Maybe if you two confronted her together, she'd get the message better.

What do you do?

Kitsu

Hey, you did it! You succeeded as the leader! Still, you have a feeling this girl isn't going to talk unless you follow her demands. Do you feel like you have a justifiable excuse to break the rules? She's probably not going to be dangerous without her robot dog anymore. How about the rest of the team? You're supposed to be the leader and only half the team really followed your orders. Do you want to assert your authority?

What do you do?

Sol

Hey, at least you saved Artemis. You must've looked pretty cool doing so, right? While it is a shame that the Translocater doesn't work anymore, you still managed to get a lot of good data for Mara Bishop. Do you want to find the time to pay her a visit? Maybe you should bring Artemis along too. Mara would probably love to see her weapon and you get to spend some more quality time together. Then again, it does increase the likelihood of being caught by your family members.

Cross off the Drive: help a teammate when they most need you

What do you do?

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Sep 26, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Kitsu finally picks herself up. Walking back in front of the team, she turns to Liliana. "Woo! Win for Team Kitsu and Friends!"

Jumping up celebratory, she then replies to her, both arms behind her back. "You know what? We kicked your rear end so hard, we can do it again. So sure, we'll give you a head start of 2 minutes. How's that sound? Hehe."

Behind her back, however, the illusionary shimmer of an illusion being cast is hidden from Liliana. Unknown to Liliana, the very surroundings change, and none of the exits actually are where they appear to be...

Are you watching closely?: 2d6+3 11 choosing: You expose a weakness or flaw, you confuse them for some time, and You avoid further entanglement.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Magitech Warehouse

I walked up to the group. It would seem unwise to let Lilliana out of our sight. Many problems stemmed from the very fact that she was much more dangerous than she first appeared. Even without her robot companions, who knows what evil she might get up to? I opened my mouth to comment as much, but our leader beat me to the punch. Yet she agreed too easily. Where was her trademark wit? Her devious mind full of stratagems? Something was certainly afoot. I resolved to quietly wait for the trick to reveal itself. When it did, I would be prepared to act.

With that matter settled, my mind naturally turned towards Artemis. The portal hadn't carried her quite as I'd imagined. I had anticipated depositing her safely on the roof for a superior vantage point, but clearly there had been an issue with the conveyance of living matter. I would have to discuss this further with Mara. For that matter, it would be for the best if Artemis accompanied me. The strange energies that were used to create the portals might have some sort of effect on her. It was most likely not an issue, but it would not do to be cavalier with safety now that the moment had passed.

I turned to her and Frost Guard, "Excellent work, Huntress! I am so sorry that the portal malfunctioned like that -- I had hoped to place you on the roof. Are you unharmed?"

Marking Potential for meeting a drive.

quote:

[14:16:27] <Tricky> Comfort/support Artemis
[14:16:30] <Tricky> !r 2d6+3
[14:16:31] <Krysmbot> Tricky, 10+3 =

+1 team to the pool; Artemis clears a condition, marks potential, or shifts labels if she opens up.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

One bad guy flies away, the other seems to surrender, and none of the many explosives detonated. A pretty great save for Arc Voltaic in the end there!

The pack of lightning dogs, having fried all the mines and saved Sol, happily run back to Arc. They all sit in front of her, like they were looking for a treat. "Good dogs." She smiles, her eyes still blazing lightning, and starts to pat the dogs. This act would probably kill a normal person, but being mostly magic and lightning herself Arc has no problem petting the slightly odd Aztec doggies. Frankly, she needed the unconditional approval that Xolotl's lightning dogs can give, because she did not have a great first mission.

Kitsu seemed to want to beat everybody up, and everybody else was kinda on board with that. Arc would have to talk to Kitsu about that. Or, maybe not Kitsu. Arc didn't like talking to Kitsu. Artemis got the bag back and saved the mission, maybe she should talk to her about the mission stuff. She also might be the only team-mate who didn't hate her right now. Bossanova was probably going to get all mad again like when she accidentally beat the living crap out of him that one time. Shorting out everything he had wasn't going to help her defence that she just mistook him for his future self. Maybe once they're back at base and Bossanova had a little while to calm down she could talk to him and explain what happened. Try and convince him that she didn't burn out his tech on purpose. For all the good it would do. Which was mostly no good. Sigh.

Arc stays a ways back from Liliana and the others. Kitsu clearly had a plan and Arc didn't want to ruin it again. Best thing for everybody if she just stayed our of it. She just sit down in the middle of her pack of Xolotl lightning puppies, liberally giving out pats and scritches to their overlarge round Aztec heads.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Angry

'I really wish people didn't keep taking advantage of me when I am vulnerable.' Fidel bristled, every-time, every-time someone shoved his failures in his face he got really pissed off about it, they assumed that without his tools and his guns he was no threat to anyone, a joke, a laughing stock, well let's see how you like it when I put my thumbs in your eyes you motherfu-

"Oh hey Artemis yo! Mind if I hold onto those bag of tricks you picked up? Thanks" Without even waiting for a response, Fidel took the bag off of her for safe keeping. "Best I hold onto this, ain't got no powers right now and you do, keep an eye on that one she looks real shifty." He gestured to the mech lady, shot a very meaningful glare over to Arc Voltaic and headed out of sight of the others as they paid attention to Kitsu and Liliana.

Oh there will be words later, mark my words, and they'll be for your own good Arc because I have seen far too many people act up like you do and get themselves killed. Or get someone else killed. Gods dammit when I joined this team the biggest threat to my safety shouldn't be my own teammates, it's going to take bloody hours to repair everything and insulate it against further 'random shocks' and I'll have to do it because 'being rendered helpless' is my my top 3 'things I do not wish to feel'. Out of interest he took a peek inside the sack and saw... "Oh my stars and bars." He said very quietly under his breath.

Bossanova very quietly, slipped a few things into his jacket for careful examination later.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Sep 27, 2016

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions:

With her feet on the ground again Artemis sighs. She just couldn't get used to flying. With the grapples she was still attached to something. But flying? It felt so strange... maybe some kinda combination of the two? Grapples and boosters? She'd have to play around with it more at the workshop. That said, a hammer or great sword with a rocket pulse would be pretty fun to swing around.

Sol immediately ran over and started checking how she was. Artemis found herself a little caught off guard. She flushed at his attention. Why? Why did she always feel so girly around him. She was a battle hardened trained soldier! Yet he starts talking to her and she just blushes and starts doing all kinda weird stuff. Ahhh! She didn't mind though. It was nice to stop being the soldier. To be a girl with a massive crush on a very handsome guy who she was staring right in the face saying nothing OH GOD DO SOMETHING YOU IDIOT!

"Ah! Yeah, yeah, I'm okay! It was a little unexpected. But I'm okay!" Her face fell for a moment, as she remembered what actually happened. And she took a step towards him. "J-Just... promise me you won't do that again! You could have been killed! That was crazy! And reckless! And... stupidly brave! And heroic! And gods above I will punch you in the face if you ever do that again!!!"

- - -
Clearing Insecure
- - -

Then driven, by ether the moment, or the fact that she fancied the life out of this man. She leaned in for a quick kiss on Sol's cheek.

"Thanks Sol... It really means a lot to me that you'd put your life on the line like that for me. Just please don't make a habit of it." She flushed again. Turning away quickly to hide her bright red cheeks. "Frost, thanks. I really needed the save there. Or else they could have gotten the bag and a hostage!" She gives him a hug. Frost was nice, good looking if you were into that... She just found him a little... cold? Yeah, cold. Mostly to the touch. She was pretty sure that she'd warm up to him eventually. But she just wasn't sure if he'd warm up to her!

Haha, ice puns.

Still... how the hell was she going to report all this. High security vault broken into, attempt to steal highly dangerous tech. The team kinda solved it but one of the bad guys got away just because she wasn't willing to open fire with high calibre armour piercing rounds. Plus, they'd take a pretty dim view of her getting rescued by the others... They wanted her to be the most competent, a poster girl for the superiority of the military. Ughhhhhh, she really just wanted to get along with the team without worrying about what the brass through about her and her actions. Still...

Boss' ran over for the bag. She was so wrapped up in her thoughts she didn't even think about handing it over.

Well, she'll give an abridged report to the Brass, and she'll let Pa in on the actual details. That would be alright, wouldn't it?

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Sep 27, 2016

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

She was watching everybody else do their thing while she hanged back with her pack of power puppies. Bossanova acting like a jerk? Artemis tripping over herself for Sol and Frost Guard? Siiiigh. Arc just rolls her eyes.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Magitech Warehouse

It was an excellent day. The weather was fair, the villains foiled, and Artemis clearly favored me more than I had hoped! My cheeks burned slightly as I contemplated the kiss. I suppose I should allow her the opportunity to rescue me in turn. It would only be fair. She was no wilting violet, she certainly was a hero in her own right. Stronger and more talented than I could hope to be. The fact that I had managed to help her today was an accomplishment in and of itself.

I slowly nodded as I considered her words, "I'll keep that in mind, Artemis. I'm not eager to throw my life away, but I don't want to see you injured -- or worse -- either." There was something else I had wanted to say. I was sure of it! Ah, of course. The Lab. "Would you be willing to accompany me somewhere after the mission is completed? I need to return the Translocator to Dr. Bishop and I'm sure she would like to hear your account of passing through the portal. Perhaps afterwards we could grab a bite to eat?"

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

And now Arc feels like gagging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions:

Artemis's face undergoes a few expressions. Most of them shock and smiles, and embarrassed flustered blushes. "R-Really?! Y-You want to?" She couldn't keep the smile off of her face. "Yeah! Sure! I'd love to!!" she was even bouncing a little bit. Before she remembered herself. "-Ah, that is, i-if you're happy to have me along?" Artemis brushed a strand of hair over her ear. Heart hammering in her chest. Oh MY GOD! THIS IS HAPPENING!!! AHHHHHHHH! Should she get other clothes? Is this a date? Or is it work? Did it matter? Artemis was getting flustered and excited, and was it hot in here? Just her? Okay, okay. Breath! Breath!

• Locked thread