Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Chichevache posted:

"Rape is boring", said forums poster zurreco.

At least capitalize my name, drat.

Also, yeah, rape is boring because everyone agrees it is 100% bad and wrong and there isn't really a lot of space for fun debate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Who was the Jaguars manager that said "We've all been accused of something"?

Cuz that fits right in with the spirit.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Or the prospect that said he had Brady's intellect in Cam Newton's body. That is pretty douchey.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Flikken posted:

Or the prospect that said he had Brady's intellect in Cam Newton's body. That is pretty douchey.

You mean your new starting quarterback?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Zurreco posted:

At least capitalize my name, drat.

Also, yeah, rape is boring because everyone agrees it is 100% bad and wrong and there isn't really a lot of space for fun debate.

To paraphrase an American state senator, "Rape is good for the rapist".

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Sataere posted:

You mean your new starting quarterback?

Cody Kessler didn't say that.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Flikken posted:

Didn't it turn out that quote was taken waaaay out of context though?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

sean10mm posted:

Didn't it turn out that quote was taken waaaay out of context though?

Yeah, I was trying to point to something that was douchey but not criminal.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Flikken posted:

Cody Kessler didn't say that.

Yeah, but you know he thought it

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Sataere posted:

Yeah, but you know he thought it

Im pretty sure Cody Kessler doesn't think he has Cam Newtons body.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Yeah that quote was way out of context and not an actual quote.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Flikken posted:

Im pretty sure Cody Kessler doesn't think he has Cam Newtons body.

Yeah, but I assumed when you responded you knew it was Kizer. :shrug:

And the quote was definitely taken out of context.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Sataere posted:

Weird that everyone says this. The direct quote wasn't "I have Cam's body and Brady's brain" so yeah, that's wrong. But he definitely said while talking about himself "I do have the ability to be the greatest quarterback to ever play. Imagine taking (Tom) Brady’s intellect and Brady’s preparation and putting it on a guy with Cam Newton’s body."

Later on he backpedaled after everyone in the world picked that up (because it's frankly insane) and said he aspired to become that and knows he isn't there yet. But this isn't some case where USA Today left out important poo poo, he just said something arrogant and dumb.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Sataere posted:

I knew it was Kizer. I was making a joke at my teams expense.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Can we just make a catch-all entry for Kaepernick's Critics?

Also SPANOS.

Oh, and Jed York. Because.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Grittybeard posted:

Weird that everyone says this. The direct quote wasn't "I have Cam's body and Brady's brain" so yeah, that's wrong. But he definitely said while talking about himself "I do have the ability to be the greatest quarterback to ever play. Imagine taking (Tom) Brady’s intellect and Brady’s preparation and putting it on a guy with Cam Newton’s body."

Later on he backpedaled after everyone in the world picked that up (because it's frankly insane) and said he aspired to become that and knows he isn't there yet. But this isn't some case where USA Today left out important poo poo, he just said something arrogant and dumb.

His quote says "Imagine taking Brady's intellect and Brady's preperation and putting it in a guy with Cam Newton's body. Why can't I be the greatest? The only thing stopping me from it is me. That's what's driving me now."

It was taken out of context because the last two sentences change the entire meaning of the quote. Without it, you get the impression that he thinks he already is those things. With them, you have a goal he is striving for.

I think it's pretty clear what he meant in the original quote with the other two sentences, but it doesn't make as good a story.

Flikken posted:

I knew it was Kizer. I was making a joke at my teams expense.

And I was trying to do a terrible job of playing off that! Clearly I succeeded! :v:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Sataere posted:

His quote says "Imagine taking Brady's intellect and Brady's preperation and putting it in a guy with Cam Newton's body. Why can't I be the greatest? The only thing stopping me from it is me. That's what's driving me now."

It was taken out of context because the last two sentences change the entire meaning of the quote. Without it, you get the impression that he thinks he already is those things. With them, you have a goal he is striving for.

That was in the original article.

quote:

“No one else can do what I can do. And I’ve truly figured out in this (draft) process, if I can maximize all my potential in every aspect of the game – this is bold – I do have the ability to be the greatest quarterback to ever play. Imagine taking (Tom) Brady’s intellect and Brady’s preparation and putting it on a guy with Cam Newton’s body. Why can’t I be the greatest? The only thing stopping me from it is me. That’s what’s driving me now.”

No one else can do what I do does just as much to push it back to he's insanely arrogant. Which isn't necessarily a bad trait for a quarterback prospect to have, but he still deserves to be made fun of for that until he does something.

I'm just not seeing the context helping out much here.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

A guy trying to play perhaps the most difficult position in modern sports has an unnaturally high belief in himself? Weird, can't believe he didn't admit that he's gonna be mediocre to bad and there's nothing he can do to change that.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Grittybeard posted:

That was in the original article.

No one else can do what I do does just as much to push it back to he's insanely arrogant. Which isn't necessarily a bad trait for a quarterback prospect to have, but he still deserves to be made fun of for that until he does something.

I'm just not seeing the context helping out much here.

I get what you are saying, but even with context, he's talking about his overall potential. Moreover, he has a point. How many guys are physically capable of doing what he does? Is it really arrogant if it's true? He's talking about maximizing the god given talent he has. He's not assuming he is the greatest ever. He's saying if he puts in the work, he could be the greatest ever.

I mean, he probably is a tool, but not for that quote. I will give you he said it in the douchiest manner possible.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
I've already seen a mock 2018 draft out there, Darnold to the Browns.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/862359932787720192

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Here's the contest thread
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3821505

Also, I suggest we close this thread and start a new one for 2017?

• Locked thread