Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
He's an old man who probably spent about zero time thinking about the issue but Brent Musberger's Joe Mixon take belongs here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Collecting bottles is not child labor you dipshits.

efb

I mean if he actually made 10k returning bottles I'm pretty sure he's trapped working at a bottle gulag.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

warcrimes posted:

I totally agree that Carr is dumb for marginalizing a possible DV incudent but that's not what you typed.

e: I'm a pedantic babby

So when is Aldon Smith getting cut out of curiosity? I mean DV is personal to Mark and all, just not personal enough to stand up to daddy (I admit this is a cheap shot, I probably wouldn't stand up to Al either, especially if I were Mark).

But then again, he'd better be gone soon according to you.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

warcrimes posted:

How about when it goes beyond being quesioned?

Hey Greg Hardy is innocent according to the law :shrug:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

warcrimes posted:

Trying to compare these two situations at this point is loving idiotic but please, continue.

I'm mainly making fun of you being a paragon defending against domestic violence, but also, please continue.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Plus arguments about what is douchey and what is evil are a cornerstone of DotY.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Sataere posted:

Yeah, but I assumed when you responded you knew it was Kizer. :shrug:

And the quote was definitely taken out of context.

Weird that everyone says this. The direct quote wasn't "I have Cam's body and Brady's brain" so yeah, that's wrong. But he definitely said while talking about himself "I do have the ability to be the greatest quarterback to ever play. Imagine taking (Tom) Brady’s intellect and Brady’s preparation and putting it on a guy with Cam Newton’s body."

Later on he backpedaled after everyone in the world picked that up (because it's frankly insane) and said he aspired to become that and knows he isn't there yet. But this isn't some case where USA Today left out important poo poo, he just said something arrogant and dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Sataere posted:

His quote says "Imagine taking Brady's intellect and Brady's preperation and putting it in a guy with Cam Newton's body. Why can't I be the greatest? The only thing stopping me from it is me. That's what's driving me now."

It was taken out of context because the last two sentences change the entire meaning of the quote. Without it, you get the impression that he thinks he already is those things. With them, you have a goal he is striving for.

That was in the original article.

quote:

“No one else can do what I can do. And I’ve truly figured out in this (draft) process, if I can maximize all my potential in every aspect of the game – this is bold – I do have the ability to be the greatest quarterback to ever play. Imagine taking (Tom) Brady’s intellect and Brady’s preparation and putting it on a guy with Cam Newton’s body. Why can’t I be the greatest? The only thing stopping me from it is me. That’s what’s driving me now.”

No one else can do what I do does just as much to push it back to he's insanely arrogant. Which isn't necessarily a bad trait for a quarterback prospect to have, but he still deserves to be made fun of for that until he does something.

I'm just not seeing the context helping out much here.

• Locked thread