Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Yes, it is better to just play as the whole team and trying to get the chances with your player. Still, they should just let you skip the cutscenes and go straight to the decisions because they will force you through some scripted events no matter what you do. Right now I played 3 EPL matches, scored on all of them (hell, on the 3rd I scored a hat trick) and the manager still doesn't make me a starter. It's stupid that a player gets subbed in 7 matches, scores 12 goals yet he is still a sub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Guillermus posted:

Yes, it is better to just play as the whole team and trying to get the chances with your player. Still, they should just let you skip the cutscenes and go straight to the decisions because they will force you through some scripted events no matter what you do. Right now I played 3 EPL matches, scored on all of them (hell, on the 3rd I scored a hat trick) and the manager still doesn't make me a starter. It's stupid that a player gets subbed in 7 matches, scores 12 goals yet he is still a sub.

Yeah someone told me if you play as a bottom feeder club even if you do great they still loan you out to the Championship.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I think the Ones to Watch concept is cool but poorly executed. As I read it the cards will only go up when the player gets informs or a TOTS. It takes a lot of the fun out of it because you're gambling on them having a few goal streaks not necessarily good form. Remember Vardy scoring goals for fun for like 4 months before he got an in form? The 2k cards that raise and lower stats each week is a much better system. Also there are very few "ones to watch" and a lot that are way too expensive. The whole thing is hedging your bets that what you pay now will be less than their 2nd, 3rd etc. in form if they even get one. It makes it less special if other people can get those cards too and possibly pay less than you. They should've used the 2k model and expanded the number of players to include lower rated players and silvers. The only card I'm going to pick up is the Giuliano card. He's already going for about 20k (will be even cheaper as the packs keep going) so if he gets just one in form it's worth it and he will be nice in my Russian side. Everything else is grossly overpriced. I see people paying 500 k for the Higuain card and I'm pretty sure his 4th in form was only about 100k last year.

That being said does anyone here see any cards in the OTW squad that they think might pan out for the price?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Yeah people are forgetting how the prices massively crater and you can get TOTS cards for 100k later in the year

I agree with you about the OTW thing I think a real actual dynamic card would be cool

Also I know why they couldn't just give you an OP card that everyone would use all the time on every team but they couldn't make the Alex Hunter card better than 75, really? Not even like an 80? Even then most teams are giving up a little bit to use him for sentimental reasons

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Anyone seen If pro clubs skill points which you invest in traits are hard capped? I'm up to 24 so far, they've slowddown. It haven't stopped.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I gotta hope they won't literally let you take every trait

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Stefan Prodan posted:

I gotta hope they won't literally let you take every trait

Sorry I need my goalkeeper to have second wind AND free kick accuracy :colbert:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

T Bowl posted:

Yeah someone told me if you play as a bottom feeder club even if you do great they still loan you out to the Championship.

Well this is awful then. I picked Boro because it would be easier to end as the main ST. If this is true I may just start over and pick one of the big ones because it seems that it doesn't matter how high the rating you have, the game will force the plot to happen.

Late edit to add a goal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhIzSiy3PPc

Loving pro clubs so far this year, as your player develops actually playing well in the selected position, players don't try to do skill dribbles as CBs or poo poo like that. Great improvement when playing on drop-ins.

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Oct 2, 2016

phanter04
Apr 28, 2008

NattyBo posted:

Anyone seen If pro clubs skill points which you invest in traits are hard capped? I'm up to 24 so far, they've slowddown. It haven't stopped.

I've played 35 games so far. How do you get more points? I'm still at 6 skill points.

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

League and cup games in a pro club gets them

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Ive carded two informs from packs this weekend, should I sell now or wait till a few weeks?

Milner and Falque btw

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Milner will probably go up steadily over time if you wait. Liverpool + English + position change. He also has some cool stats for a fullback and I'd even like to try him out there paired next to a quick CB like Smalling. Falque will probably stay near discard the whole game. There are like 4 nif wingers in Serie A i'd rather use over him and he's a bit slow for the position, so selling now will be just as good as selling later. Speaking of packing cards I packed the Mane OTW card in my weekly pack which is pretty cool as he seems (to me at least) to be one of the better locks to get plenty of upgrades. I'm debating whether to sell him or keep him since I never pack anything good. Part of the reason I'm debating keeping him is I'm already doing fine on coins this edition. I'm sitting on about 180k. Basically I did well on the free packs and SBCs during EA early access and then snagged a ton of Balotellis for 2k and sold him for 6k. Speculating on TOTW players is fun but can burn you.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

e- gently caress that he's going for 100k right now and he's in packs for 8 more days. Cashing out

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Oct 3, 2016

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
These might be helpful for anyone needing help on offense or in pro clubs but especially would like to request all parmos check these videos out if we wanna win Div 1 this year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC_-oJdyWz8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XhvUgihnoU

The second one especially, I notice a lot of people (including myself) positioning wrong when running (most commonly running through the middle of the gap so the ball hits you and you slow down again) or passing at the wrong time where the runner isn't in a position yet where you can sort of put the ball between them and the defender

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Oct 3, 2016

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Of course my opponent also had 2 injuries of his own. This is super fun EA, great job.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
They will patch that I am sure, along with the whole "defenders are brick walls you cannot get within a couple yards of.. they will take the ball perfectly 95% of the time even from behind you" thing

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I ran into the injury problem big time during ea access but I think they turned it down a bit on the launch patch. I now average one about every three games and one that requires about sub every six. I always rotate squads and never play more than two games in a row with the same squad though, so that might be in my favor.

T Bowl posted:

They will patch that I am sure, along with the whole "defenders are brick walls you cannot get within a couple yards of.. they will take the ball perfectly 95% of the time even from behind you" thing

They've painted themselves into a corner a bit. They made defending easier last year and it seems they want to continue the trend of making that aspect of the game easier for the player. Instead of having rampant interceptions like last year (which is extremely frustrating and destroys the flow of the game) it seems they opted to make CBs ball stealing vacuums. It makes intricate passing/dribbling around the box almost impossible. I just wish they would trust players to play defense like in 15 and the all the previous editions.

Also for the record Giuliano is amazing and the best dribbler I've used in the game so far. I'm not great with skill moves but he pulls them off really well for me. He's strong and has good finishing for a CAM which is really nice as well. I got his OTW which should hopefully be ungraded tomorrow. The ball drag flick back maneuver seems to work much better this year so everyone should give that a go (I'm not sure if it's a 4* or 5* move). It's the move where you ball roll one way then immediately flick the stick the opposite direction. I noticed normal ball rolls kinda of suck this year but the 5* quick ball roll is as good as last edition.

oh, lastly my one TOTW speculation tip is if you're low on coins pick up some of Jota's card. I won a bunch on open bid for 350. He's a lock for totw (hat trick) and he's needed in the porto squad builder. Also you can't lose money on something you got for 350 coins. He should go up to 1k maybe even more when he's out of packs.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scz2qcgZqDc

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

Seltzer posted:

oh, lastly my one TOTW speculation tip is if you're low on coins pick up some of Jota's card. I won a bunch on open bid for 350. He's a lock for totw (hat trick) and he's needed in the porto squad builder. Also you can't lose money on something you got for 350 coins. He should go up to 1k maybe even more when he's out of packs.

This is awesome, thanks for the tip. It's funny, I had already made a bunch of coins off of Jota, he's one of the few gold LWs in Liga NOS and I was able to basically sell a bunch at 700-900 coins. I'm going to try to buy a bunch more up now :).

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard
drat - Giuliano's OTW card exploded with him getting into TOTW this week. I wouldn't be surprised if EA really pump these cards into their TOTW (even when other players do better and should be in TOTW)

I picked up a bunch of Moratas for international week.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Filthee Fingas posted:

drat - Giuliano's OTW card exploded with him getting into TOTW this week. I wouldn't be surprised if EA really pump these cards into their TOTW (even when other players do better and should be in TOTW)

I picked up a bunch of Moratas for international week.

Do they have international IFs? I can't remember

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard

eleven extra elephants posted:

Do they have international IFs? I can't remember

Given it's World Cup Qualifications/Internationals, I think they have to. Not sure what football they'll have available to have TOTW on

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Filthee Fingas posted:

That's exactly what I banked on when I got him the other day. It only makes sense to give OTW cards lower bars to clear to get boosts otherwise it could get tedious. What I did not bank on was the card going way higher than it's price of 35k or else I would've bought a lot more (I thought it might've plateaued out at around 50k). I'm gonna hold onto my OTW card though because his standard card plays really well for me and I like Russian League squads. Also, I sold my Mane card so I want to have one OTW in my club.

Guessing one, two, or three certain locks each week isn't that hard. Obviously EA throws a few curveballs sometimes but if you think about how they do things you can get a lot right and go after the players that aren't being cornered. I made a bunch on Balotelli last week. His price wasn't rising because people were paying attention to other picks (mostly in the EPL) meanwhile forgetting that Balotellis scoring streak was a big story and his IF would generate interest. Players have to do something to get put in the totw but as long as they do that something EA will always find a few slots for big name/high rated players. If it truly was a merit thing there would be so many more garbage players from bad leagues who scored hattricks in there instead of Diego Costa scoring one goal like this totw.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Oct 5, 2016

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

Seltzer posted:

That's exactly what I banked on when I got him the other day. It only makes sense to give OTW cards lower bars to clear to get boosts otherwise it could get tedious. What I did not bank on was the card going way higher than it's price of 35k or else I would've bought a lot more (I thought it might've plateaued out at around 50k). I'm gonna hold onto my OTW card though because his standard card plays really well for me and I like Russian League squads. Also, I sold my Mane card so I want to have one OTW in my club.

Guessing one, two, or three certain locks each week isn't that hard. Obviously EA throws a few curveballs sometimes but if you think about how they do things you can get a lot right and go after the players that aren't being cornered. I made a bunch on Balotelli last week. His price wasn't rising because people were paying attention to other picks (mostly in the EPL) meanwhile forgetting that Balotellis scoring streak was a big story and his IF would generate interest. Players have to do something to get put in the totw but as long as they do that something EA will always find a few slots for big name/high rated players. If it truly was a merit thing there would be so many more garbage players from bad leagues who scored hattricks in there instead of Diego Costa scoring one goal like this totw.

Exactly.

I think EA's approach this year will be to prevent prices from crashing as hard and quick as they have in the past. The combination of OTW and SBCs are inflating the price of cards that would otherwise be simple discard. The longer they can keep prices high, the more incentive people see to buying packs and spending fifa points.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
got a Leroy Sane OTW in a pack, can't decide whether to sell him now or wait, with his limited game time I can't see him getting any IF's soon, any thoughts?

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
Well I finished up a bunch of the squad builder challenges and in the end got absolute crap in the packs. I opened two prime gold players packs and my best player by far was Matic, other than that it was a bunch of sub $3k rare gold players, I bet over half of them were 79-82 rated goalies, worth absolutely nothing.

Decided to do a gold upgrade thing since I had a fair amount of golds I wasn't going to use.

Packed Thiago Silva....Not sure if I should be happy or pissed off lol.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
Free pro club goals tip: Be 6'7 and grab power header + strength. Slam request lob pass and enjoy trying out 4-5 goal celebrations per game.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Dollas posted:

Free pro club goals tip: Be 6'7 and grab power header + strength. Slam request lob pass and enjoy trying out 4-5 goal celebrations per game.

With the two pace boosts i got a 6'7 dude with 94 strength and 87 pace, this is utterly broken. I'm loving it.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I picked up a OTW Giuliano in one of my packs from this week's marquee matchups!

Russian league looks too crap to use (sorry Seltzer) but I might build a Brazil squad around him

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
actually RPL owns as always

only true weak spots this year are lack of beast CBs and only one true outstanding all around striker in Smolov

otherwise i am having no trouble, at least through div8, haven't got a chance to play much since the release

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yea I dunno I mean the best players they have are like 79-80 overall, not really much room to save up to get any big beast players

Maybe it was you that I was thinking of that uses RPL, not Seltzer

Anyway I wanna win as many games in the weekend league as I can so I want to use the best team I can put together, I can put together like fun jobber teams for during the week later on in the season

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
Managed to qualify for the weekend league on my last attempt today. I thought it would be easier since all the good people qualified. Instead I faced stacked teams consisting of bales, agueros, etc. (one team had ronny).

Also every team i faced was a 433(4) pace team. Also, what's with the bs of certain qualifiers for the weekend league on certain days? I couldnt use my Series A team and just had to use BPL.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

It's fuckin solid to score in this game bloody hell

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'm having more fun playing pro clubs in 17 than in any previous game. And manager mode with the extra objectives like promoting young players and so is an improvement. It still has issues but 17 is a well rounded release.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
Big fan of the pro club AI defense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XMbn14YO6g

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Are you not supposed to be able to get the penalty arrows to come up during penalty shootouts? I'm playing the FUT weekend league and I've had 4 penalty shootouts and I haven't been able to get the arrow to come up in a single one even though it comes up when I get PKs during games.

I don't care as long as my opponents can't use it either but I would be real mad if the game is glitching on me while my opponents can use the indicator to nail perfect corner PKs every time

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'm on the same boat. I've lost the PK indicator and for some reason it doesn't show on both Pro Clubs and Manager mode.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I'm reasonably sure that you're not supposed to see the arrow in any mp setting, period.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I may be forgetting something as I could see it on manager mode but now I can't. You may be right but in SP I should be able to see it at least and I didn't (MLS career mode match).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

hopterque posted:

I'm reasonably sure that you're not supposed to see the arrow in any mp setting, period.

Sometimes you do though, I'm not really sure what's up with it either.

• Locked thread