Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
The words "the razor and the blades" has become a widely used phrase meaning a product designed to rip the customer off, this should tell you something. Stop being gillette's bitch and get a goddamn safety razor.

canpakes posted:

If there is a better idea than dollar shave club I would like to hear about it

Soak your face in gasoline and then light a match, give yourself disfiguring 3rd degree burns. The horrific melty-plastic-looking skin you will be left with after months of recovery and cosmetic surgery won't grow any hair at all, so you'll never have to spend money or time shaving ever again.

Plus you can make up a story about rescuing a kid from a burning house or something, chicks will dig that.

This entire process will be less painful than the idiotic dollar shave club that expects you to use crappy disposable razors for a week each, because they only send you like 4 or 5 of the things a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

TVs Ian posted:

My facial hair basically does the Homer Simpson thing where I shave, and it seems like moments later I'm stubbly again. Plus it grows in at weird, uneven angles and I have to basically go over my face like three times to get it shaved without leaving patches.

My brother got me a gift card for dollar shave club for Christmas one year, so I tried it. With their fanciest one (4 blades?), I found that my Gillette Fusion on a blade I had been using for a month still worked better than a brand new one of theirs. It was really uncomfortable and left a lot behind. I tried for a full month in case my face just needed to adjust, but no luck. So I cancelled that and got a pack of 12 Fusion blades to last me a year.

lol using a blade for a month at a time, it's dull as gently caress and that's why you don't get a good shave. the FUSION doesn't have magic technology that can keep an edge sharp. you have the electro-vibrator one, don't you? it hides the dullness by doing a bit of sawing movement with the vibrator, it's the Ginsu of razors.

get a razor that you don't have to stretch out for 30 days because buying them will put you in the poorhouse. like bob cratchit begging scrooge for a piece of coal, "please mr gillette just one more blade, it's christmas :smith:"

and despite all that the dollar shave club was worse :roflolmao:

• Locked thread