Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan
I did dollar shave club for a while, but even on the once every two months plan, I was still stockpiling razors. I have a super beard, and only shaved maybe once a week before I quit shaving entirely a year ago. I have like a decade worth of razors in my bathroom cabinet, and I will probably never use them.

Mach3 was a better shave.

Throw off the razors of oppression, my bearded brothers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

to die for
Yams Fan

Alvie posted:

Goddamn dude poo poo I don't want to pay a slightly higher price initially for an item that would last a lifetime. What is this steampunk bullshit. I don't want a goddamn ivory unicorn hair brush because why would I ever want to own something nice? Lol nice try gooners. I'm not some sperg who blows $20 for some fancy pants razor handle then gets blades for pennies a piece. I do it the cheap normal way and buy cartridges that are like $4 a piece. You dumb steampunk nerds.

I have had a handful of straight shaves in my lifetime, and every one of them has been a disaster. I didn't think I was paying for a bunch of cuts and ingrown hairs, but that was what I got anyway!

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

to die for
Yams Fan

canpakes posted:

The stupid straight razor thing will put me in the poorhouse to buy a drat handle and then I'll never use it because it looks like it takes a year

I could have sworn that was a nerd fad from like 8 years ago, but I guess it's still hanging around?

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

to die for
Yams Fan

Manchild King posted:

That's why there have been so many suggestions to get a safety/double edge razor. It's the best balance of cost, quality and ease of use. Straight razors require you to have a not only a good shaving technique, but also good sharpening technique. Otherwise there will be lots of blood. Or a hosed up edge on your blade which is easy to do and a quite costly mistake.

Go to your closest fancy gentleman's store/webstore and see if they can work out some sort of payment plan so you can buy a safety razor handle.

*edit* My face is far, far cleaner than any hippy beard havers can possibly be.

My fat brother is all about the safety razor thing, and his fat results do not inspire confidence. He started shaving his head, and he basically became a potato covered in ingrown hairs.

Not a ringing endorsement, if I have ever seen one.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Try going to a barber that doesn't suck

My normal barber does the best high and tight I have managed to find anywhere, but he can't straight shave to save his life. I got a few straight shaves at various BX barbers at various Air Force bases, and it was always the same thing. Cuts, ingrown hairs, and disappointment.

BLARGHLE fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Sep 21, 2016

• Locked thread