Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

the NXT women's championship. Every champ and feud has been great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

The best title is the DDT Ironman Heavymetalweight title, because it has been held by itself.

The best title is this one, of course.

NXT Tag and Womens aren't far behind though, they've been pretty great.

biscuits and crazy fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Sep 21, 2016

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President
Picks are in and my favorite title is the Hardcore Championship because it made Crash Holly one of my favorite low card champs because his run was hilarious and good.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

The WCW World Heavyweight Championship is my favorite because it looks great and was held (in various incarnations) by such luminaries as Dusty Rhodes, Ric Flair, and Vince Russo.

Don't forget David Arquette. Big Gold is my favorite because it is the most wrestling belt

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

The best title was the WWF European Championship because of that one match HBK/HHH had on Raw for it

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

bradzilla posted:

Don't forget David Arquette. Big Gold is my favorite because it is the most wrestling belt

He was already mentioned by someone else. How could I ever forget former WCW World Heavyweight Champion David Arquette?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I've never watched Dragon's Gate but that one with all the keys attached to it from the opponents you've defeated is loving insane and I love it forever.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

My favourite belt is the Jeff Hardy Face Belt (the Immortal title or some poo poo)

I like it because you get to have Jeff's face on ya dilz

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i like the divas butterfly belt because the night they debuted it the Staples center drowned out vickie and edge on the pa and i had to watch the broadcast to hear the promo

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus
My favorite was the FTW belt because made up belts that become real belts are the best.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

flashy_mcflash posted:

My favourite belt is the Jeff Hardy Face Belt (the Immortal title or some poo poo)

I like it because you get to have Jeff's face on ya dilz

Did Jeff's actual face look like a championship belt at the time? That's the only way I might be able to accept this.

Haven
Dec 28, 2005

They might just as well've been closed.
My favorite championship belt is the IWGP Heavyweight. Because I think it's pretty.

And when it's scuffed up it looks like it would just be soooo satisfying to take a rag and some polish to it. Is this a weird reason to like it?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I like the Big Gold Belt from Smackdown Live! It fits my image of what a belt should look like and there's so much (WCW)history behind it.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Since I'm realtivlely new back to the sport, I'm going to rep my local fed and say the AAW Heavyweight Championship because Pentagon Jr.

(Picks are in.)

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

WCW Cruiserweight Belt - real good matches pretty much all the time.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Alicia Fox

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014
I really like the sword Vince Russo was using as a belt in his Christian vanity promotion.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
My real favorite is the DDT Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship, for obvious reasons, but since that's been cited repeatedly I'll defer to Hoodslam's Golden Gig as a rough American equivalent. And because Drugz Bunny holds it currently.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...

Senerio posted:

I forgot to do this for backlash, but the DDT Ironman Heavymetalweight Title is a better title than any current WWE Title because it led to so many ***** title defenses, more than any other title in history.

I was going to do the late 90's to mid 2000's Intercontinental but no you are right ddt ironnman is the best.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

I am unable to resist mentioning how surprisingly good the 5 dollar wrestling belt looks (sideplates aside) when there's belt-talk goin on

(also I don't vote/predict because it's too much pressure for me to handle)

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Best belt is Big Eagle or the NWO championship.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
If you don't like the WCW Six Man Tag Title then you can just get the gently caress off the forums right here and now

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
WWF's Hardcore title was definitely the best and my favorite. It brought a unique dynamic to the wrestling world. Having to defend your title 24/7 anywhere is very difficult to do, so mad props to those who successfully won the title. A big shout out goes to Crash Holly for initiating the 24/7 rule. He was a legend. That's why even the Rock feared him in one of those Royal Rumbles.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
The WMAC Masters Dragon Belt

But in all seriousness,

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
The DDT Ironman Heavyweight Championship is one of the funniest belt that ever existed but I also have a soft spot for the Million Dollar Championship because Ted DiBiase was an awesome heel (forget the short run of the belt by his son).

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
my favorite title is the IC title circa razor ramon b/c razor ramon had it

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
I'm in.

Million Dollar Championship because it looks cool and is worth a million bucks, unlike all other titles. Plus Ted DiBiase was cool.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

Did Jeff's actual face look like a championship belt at the time? That's the only way I might be able to accept this.

Jeff's painted his face to look somewhat similar to this belt before, but ironically the Immortal version of Hardy was when he looked the least like this belt.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Raskolnikov38 posted:

also picking the WWF Hardcore belt but because of the 24/7 rule

This right here.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
The Internet Championship.

Take Care, Spike Your Hair.

WWWYKI

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

I liked the 24/7 era WWF Hardcore championship, and its spiritual son, the DDT Ironman Heavymetalweight title.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996

Mostly because they belonged to skeletons at one point.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

I'm gonna jump in on the love for the DDT Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship because it is the most prolific and prestigious title in the history of this great sport.

Also one of the officially recognized titleholders of the belt was "a chef".

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
My favorite title is the Ironman Heavymetalweight title thanks for listening to my unique & valuable opinion.

friendo55
Jun 28, 2008

Picks are in!

Anyone mention Laycool's divas title that was flawlessly broken in half?

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!
Submitted.

Favourite title was the 24/7 hardcore title at the time. The matches were awful but I loved the anywhere/anytime gimmick.

Also: Physical belt - classic/current IC belt.

(special mention for that Japanese promotions title where a table/ladder/dog/lots of mad stuff won)

Metalocalypse
Jul 29, 2006
Submitted.

As for Titles, I'd have to say, for looks, nothing beats the WWF Championship that was used between 86-88. (And no, not the one with Hogan's face on it, the one without)

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

I like the looks of both the new women's titles. swank.

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
My favorite championship is

because it looks great and it has a great lineage of future or former world champions or guys who deserved to be world champions but never climbed that mountain for whatever reason.

Trip Larsen fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Sep 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Put in my predictions. My favorite title is probably the Winged Eagle belt though the original Undisputed Title was also very good - Winged Eagle just edges it out though.

• Locked thread