Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Helter Skelter posted:

Someone please reboot the teacher.

You mean that handsome mustachioed gentleman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Hina thinking about her grandfather working to pay for her education sure hits pretty hard, since it's something so relatable and obviously something that has to weigh on that family heavily. That the grandfather has the response that he does, while expected, is still extremely :unsmith:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
I'm glad that the chemistry club plotline now intersects with the main plotline :)

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

What a way to end the season. :3:

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Raenir Salazar posted:

I'm glad that the chemistry club plotline now intersects with the main plotline :)

They're gone for good now, it seems. I guess science and shogi just don't mix all that well.

Helter Skelter posted:

For a second there, I got kind of worried that they ran out of animation budget. Clearly, they were just saving it all for those intense monja preparation skills.

Rei's mom seems pretty lonely, and that's a bit depressing. The only one who comes to visit is a boy she doesn't even really consider part of the family. That chapter also reminded me that Rei's dad initially took Rei in as a student, and only adopted him after things got awkward with his own kids. You can really kind of spread the blame around why this family is so messed up.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
This is the last place I expected to see a Grave of the Fireflies joke.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

"Live a long life, OK?"

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Helter Skelter posted:

Two really great episodes. I can't wait for season 3 (yeah yeah, not announced yet but it will happen).

I don't care if The Other House was made of still images, it still had me tearing up when Rei said that last goodbye to the dog! He's not coming to visit again despite saying so, and they both know it, and that's really sad even if it's for the best.

Also, oh gosh Hina what did you do?! Akari's before and after reactions were amazing. :kimchi:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Akari and Grandpa's "thinking about Hellshake Rei" faces are very good

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

:3:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
two consecutive episodes of people thinking about what a good boy Rei is, very good :hai:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Honestly only the bangs were kinda weird, easily fixable.

Whatever powers that be, please make more of this show :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cosmo321
Jan 6, 2011
I hope season 3 will come soon.

• Locked thread