Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

I've been following the manga for a while. I think of the story as a mixture of Hikari No Go mixed with Your Lie in April.

I loved the moon in this episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

The burning question for me though, may already be answered. In the latest manga, we find out how much our main protagonist makes in a year.

I won't spoil it, but you can read it on your own if you're interested.

Anyway, I did a quick search and found out that the average salary for a Japanese school teacher is about ¥7 million per year. That's a fairly good salary, if you ask me.

Interesting to see how well the top-10 professional Shogi players fare.

You see these guys all sitting in their rooms with just the two players and some dude keeping score. Who pays for all this? I don't see that it's being broadcasted or anything. Does the Japanese government fund this stuff just because?

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

I just re-read some of the manga and they did a much better job in the anime than what I read in the manga on why Rei cried, etc. Really good.

Also, I agree that Akari really does decent insight. The group doing the scanlations recently did like the whole volume 12 and an important issue is dealt with, well, and somewhat sadly too.

I'm going to put a Shogi set on my Christmas wish list now. Shogi actually looks pretty interesting. I like how you can put captured pieces into play anywhere on board......

• Locked thread