Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011

RME posted:

First episode was good, there was a moment i really liked, when he gets that second text from the older sister. it was very on-point with depicting depression that small exchange, and the relation and understanding it set in a small moment i really liked i guess (incidentally yuri!!! on ice had a pretty real feeling of anxiety too, not just in his performance but in his whole homecoming sequence). Small things like that always feel like a good way to get me to care about characters/want to see them succeed and it got it right off the bat

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011
Finally got around to this week's episode. This show started off great, but it seems like it gets better every week. Also, Momo is absolutely adorable.

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011
I wouldn't mind if they went into the "explaining shogi to Hina" bit more, it would be an excuse for me to understand it some without having to look it up myself (which I should probably do at some point).

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011
Cool, thanks.

Semi-related, looking at these chapter numbers I'm probably going to pick up the manga after the show runs it's course.

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011
I'm glad the shogi explanation got expanded on, it was both cute and nice information to have. Kyouko is definitely trouble, but everything about that segment was amazing.

Turns out this is going to be two cours, I was expecting one. This is a welcome surprise.

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011
Now that I've gotten to it, I see why there were so many replies in this thread this week, this was a particularly good episode in an already great show.

I appreciate that Rei didn't fix Mr. Yasui's marriage, relative to what we got that would be a total cop out. Also, the bit where Mr. Yasui got kinda melty was pretty great imagery.

Even though I don't really know what's going on during them, this show does a really good job of holding my attention during matches. It kinda reminds me of Akag in that regard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t88zw9M2L_s seems to have captions.

• Locked thread