Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Mulva posted:

Depending on how far into the story it goes, March Comes in Like a Lion might be the last anime to save anime this year. If they get really far into the story, it might save anime twice. Just a ridiculously beautiful story with about a million high points.

e: Possibly it will save anime 3 times.
On the last page but they'd have to cut a hell of a lot of stuff or rush it to get to what I think you're alluding to, and I think it's pretty clear they're not going to do that.

That being said, I'm not entirely sure where it'll end in relation to the manga, 22 episodes right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
There is a shitload of shogi, just fair warning, as it's his profession. In the manga I just skip past it, and it's perfectly serviceable without the shogi stuff, though if you enjoy that stuff I hear it's great.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Not nearly enough animated gifs of this show

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah there's some much :drat: stuff later on that I do hope more seasons get made, but if not, that's fine too.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The stuff the manga goes into blows what's been covered in the anime away, really. It's amazing the directions the series has gone, when a lot of other series would have resolved a given plot and then ended the series outright.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Maybe they'll go for another season later. Seems to be quote popular, isn't it?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
does that trailer have a real quick glimpse of (spoilers for later manga stuff)

hinata's dad?

if so, well, uh,

Nate RFB posted:

*tugs collar awkwardly*
*tugs collar awkwardly so hard it tears my shirt in half*

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh okay, there was a shot for less than a second of a dude who looked like them.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The hina arc is probably one of the most affectingly real arcs in a manga I've read, and man, I've read a lot of fuckin' manga.

poo poo's rough, yo

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I know folks are sick of me mentioning it but I literally skip the shogi parts of the manga entirely, or skim them for non-match stuff. I still love this series a hell of a lot but I just can't stand sports stuff in most manga, especially things like shogi or that thing in chihayafuru, which I bounced off of completely.

You don't have to read/watch to the shogi parts to enjoy the series, though they do help with aspects of certain characters and define a few others.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

MJP posted:

I'm a probably a horrible human being but am I the only one that wants Hina and Rei to end up together?
why would that make you a horrible human being, they're almost the same age

hina just gets drawn in a cutesy style most of the time so it's easy to forget that she's...I think a year younger than rei.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
for manga readers: boy, aren't these fellas cute, especially the one right above this post :allears:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
what happens

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
honkers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol she is almost literally doing honkers's official art pose.

• Locked thread