Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Somber handed himself the short end of the stick in overpursuing Anatolia and the southern Balkans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Furthermore I don't understand the view that a 4 way tie is a cop out while a 3 way isn't

That seems super arbitrary and gives me pause in contemplating that offer

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh wow well let me rethink my position here.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

You were never contemplating it.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm not stupid, if I'm going to lose I'll take an out

But as log as you fully admit it's arbitrary, whatever

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I don't really feel like it's arbitrary. I know Turkey is well defended at the moment and will be difficult to crack open. I'll maybe get Russia but then we'll all essentially be in a stalemate, so I don't see us progressing past that point.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

But you are free to interpret it any way you wish, I can't stop you.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Apologies, it was chic who called it a cop out

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Maybe she really is a coward before mighty turkey with its baths and delight :smuggo:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Yes, yes, Max is a hero and so noble and good at diplomacy, that is why he doesnt want to end this this.

That's probably right.

Alternately I would point out that Somber is still alive and I am happy with a five way tie. Max is citing Somber's feelings here, then neglecting the wish he expressly mentioned here.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Somber expressed equal disgust when you offered him the 4 way tie to get him to kill me.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

He could have had it, instead you killed him vOv.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Somber being mad at me instead of at you sounds like a Somber problem.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Regardless, I'll be very satisfied when you turn on Chic.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CCKeane posted:

Regardless, I'll be very satisfied when you turn on Chic.

Your satisfaction will not be guaranteed.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

Your satisfaction will not be guaranteed.

Then I will certainly enjoy forcing you into a stalemate until you are bored to tears.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Retreat Phase, Fall 1905

Orders:

Germany: A War - Sil

Italy: A Rom - Mil

Russia: F Stp/sc - Fin

Phase Results

Winter 1905 Map

Build/Disband orders due tonight, 9:00PM EDT.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
While I'm still in the game, listen.

Keane and Taste are going to lose. I'll spare you any analysis of why this is the case, but they're responsible for that position as much as I am for my ultimate defeat.

I am bemused that, after weeks of play, anyone would want to end the game after having picked off just three players. I understand that inevitability of defeat is as daunting as it is unpleasant, but Kash and I played out our role despite similar circumstances. I could understand why someone would plead out for a tie, but a win is only worth what it is worth. If you find satisfaction in a technical victory, then go in peace.

If everyone is tired and would like to put the pieces back in the box, fair enough. That's the prerogative of success. What I find unsatisfactory is this mewling about the state of affairs. We all built this board, and down to my last fleet I'll stab at thee. I encourage you all to see this through to its ultimate conclusion.

I could not have blamed you for being the first to lose heart if I had not shared in your exhausting marches and your perilous campaigns; it would have been natural enough if you had done all the work merely for others to reap the reward. But it is not so. You and I have shared the labour and shared the danger, and the rewards are for us all.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Nah.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Number one export of Italy circa 1900: salt????

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Number one export of Italy circa 1900: salt????

:ironicat:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

No matter what the outcome, I strengthened my friendship with Taste.

In the end, we're the real winners.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I might be ripe for a joke about butt hurt but salt isn't accurate to this situation

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

CCKeane posted:

No matter what the outcome, I strengthened my friendship with Taste.

In the end, we're the real winners.

Same, except peramene

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Chic, I think it's only sporting to allow somber to live with one cp for the remainder of the proceedings

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
If we're not going to be honest with each other in the autopsy of what happened here then I don't see much point in postgame discussion. Good luck to you all!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I guess we can't all be as truthful, honest, and objective as forums poster somberbrero

Really, he's the true winner here

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

If we're not going to be honest with each other in the autopsy of what happened here then I don't see much point in postgame discussion. Good luck to you all!

Game ain't over yet.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CCKeane posted:

Then I will certainly enjoy forcing you into a stalemate until you are bored to tears.

Once, when I was very young, I was lead to the woods and told "wait here" as part of my Buddhist practice. They gave me a bag of food and some matches and a hub cap for a fire and left. They gave me no indication of when they would be back, so I had to live with the uncertainty of the situation for a while, and simply meditate.

I have also, willingly, watched a 3.5 hour film about someone doing house chores, and nothing else, multiple times.

If you think boredom is in my repertoire, you have another thing coming.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Anyway, glad we had this chat. The game is still happening, in my mind. If you really want it to end so badly that you do not wish to play anymore: quit, or kill me.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

BottleKnight posted:

Italy: A Rom - Ven

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
or surrender to the mighty SWISS CONFEDERATION

Max
Nov 30, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21h0G_gU9Tw

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

THOSE CLOCKS AREN'T EVEN SWISS

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
also that is my all time favourite movie

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Also if you guys don't find the strategic portion of the game engaging and only like the social portion: maybe consider that Diplomacy might not be the game for you.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Like even if Max betrays me, I'm gonna fight until the end and have a blast doing it probably

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

Once, when I was very young, I was lead to the woods and told "wait here" as part of my Buddhist practice. They gave me a bag of food and some matches and a hub cap for a fire and left. They gave me no indication of when they would be back, so I had to live with the uncertainty of the situation for a while, and simply meditate.

I have also, willingly, watched a 3.5 hour film about someone doing house chores, and nothing else, multiple times.

If you think boredom is in my repertoire, you have another thing coming.

That's a fair point, upon reading one of your posts it should have been immediately obvious that you are a master of boredom.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I will make inside jokes for me and Max, relative to this game

Max, you resemble the tin drum

Chic is like cleo de 5 a 7

Keane is Stalker

I am some Turkish movie I guess idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I was going to say that Chic probably doesn't have cancer that she's waiting to hear back about, but she was sick for a while so that is an apt reference.

• Locked thread